Big news and long post

Sign in to follow this  

What about the guy who plays dave?

Congratulations on the job, I like the way that this started of as you makeing a comedy video about what freeman might think and now you've got it as a full time job, I love the way the world works at times, my advice is (and you dont have to take it beacuse the british are crap at advice sometimes) is that you finish FM, see how the fans react to how you end it (cos there are to endings) and if you end it the good way, you can always consider working on FM for Half-Life 2, but keep CP going beacuse A) its awesome and B) it has no constant story line so you can do crazy things when ever you want, so there I've givin you some good old british advice (its crap I know but I did warn you lol) abd once again congratulations on the job and your move.

Kiefer

p.s.

Sorry if someone has already asked this but how much does it pay??

Congrats Ross, that great.

however, I command you to continue the Freeman's Mind series. It is the best internet/youtube series I have ever watched. It's bloody hilarious. If you don't I'll be very upset.

but seriously, that's great for you, congrats.

Might as well add to the throng...

Congratulations!

It's always great to see some one with a passion for something get into a job that fits that passion so well. So, again, congrats and making this possible for yourself.

And keep up the awesome work. I look forward to much more in the future.

Stephen

I live near LA.

But I'm only 14. No offense, but I've never heard of a friendship between a 26-year old and a 14-year old.

Regardless, your videos remain excellent. Funny how I match the criteria of types you like. Oh well.

super congrats on the job! this is amazing, im sure all the fans are really happy for you!

and i fit that description perfectly! but...i live in Texas lol XD. but anyway..have fun and dont work to hard XD.

Congrats on everything, Ross, and while I don't live anywhere near LA (I'm in Canada), I can be your...internet friend.

Also about your comment about FM, so do you hate the project and just do it because we like it? Or is it more of you just really wanting to work on Civil Protection instead?

Congratulations on the new job. I actually found about your stuff from Freeman's Mind, so I (for one) would love for you to continue it. Also Civil Protection is really awesome. Sorry if this sounds fanboyish, but the shit's awesome and I can't wait to see where their respected stories take them.

Congrats Ross!

You're moving to L.A.? Damn, I thought you lived there. All the talented people live there.

I thought it explained why I live in MN. (Goole Brookston, you will know why.)

Please don't stop making Freeman's Mind. I like it over Civil Protection, and I like Civil Protection. And I am psyched for that new pilot episode since you mentioned it way back when(can't remember exact date).

Welll done you! Hope the whole thing works out for you and you meet lots of new friends.

Congratulations. Definitely keep FM going. I was really liking how they were coming out more regularly and it would be very disappointing to see them go. As far as living in LA goes, KEEP YOUR CAR. I lived in LA for 2 years with and without a car, and it is almost impossible to get around without a car. Trust me you'll be so much better off in the long run. Plus, Hollywood is really expensive and you can live a little further out for half the cost, and just drive in, the commute might be nasty, but everyone in LA drives. However it sounds to me like you'd really like San Francisco, which is where I live currently. It's cold and foggy year round, there are tons of trees and you don't need a car to live here. Anyway, good luck and I look forward to more FM.

Leave a P.O. box or address, lets see if we can get some fan based income going to you for the first few months or so to get you going, just a thought, I am sure that anyone that can make watching someone play a video game into a almost cult like following will manage, good luck, thanks for all the laughs!

good for u man. ur work is cool, good luck with the job

Wow, congrats Ross! Been following your work for a while now, glad to see something extremely positive come from all your hard work! )

Nice pic, BTW. ;o) lol

Is it possible for the page stretching problem to be fixed? Whenever a comment is too long and not paragraphed it stretches the page.

Dylan.

Going into the swankiness of Hollywood, eh? Well, you should find a bit of inspiration there...

(Keep on the lookout for gangwars...)

Congratulations, Ross. It's cool that you can make money with machinima.com now, even if I do not like most of their stuff. Good luck with your new job and have fun in LA.

Good luck with the move and congrats on the job. I can't say I'm surprised...you are after all the Salvador Dali...the Tom Savini...the Robert Smith of machinima. Beneath the surface of your work, there be mad skills my friend. Wherever your future projects take you, I look forward to hangin in there for the ride. I don't know if you're into rap metal, but Downset are based there in LA so you're in good company. You should also check out Buckethead's work, being a fellow horror movie fan. Anyone who cites John Carpenter as an influence is ok in my book.

p.s. Love the houndeye cameo in the latest CP!

Same as some others,congrats,and complete freeman's mind maybe even barney's mind and Hl2 series of it

and T-Shirts,and DVDs DD

If your giving up the car, LA shouldn't cost that much. For most people living there, lots of money goes to gas. But anyways, stay clear away from certain, seedy neighborhoods and learn a little Spanish. Good luck dude.