Jump to content

Freeman’s Mind 2! This took WAY too long, but a whole lot happened in the meantime to cause that. I wasn’t joking in the past when I said working on this affects where I can live due to the shouting, but everything seems to be back in place. I’ve also changed the thumbnail style, something I’ve been meaning to do for a year or two to be honest. I plan to retroactively change the others later on, but who knows when I’ll get to that.

New Dead Game News! I was not planning on making this at all! This news emerged yesterday and bugged me so much I decided to slap together a video on it as soon as I could. Hopefully more like this are not needed! Freeman’s Mind still coming and work will be resuming on Halloween stuff!

October videochat with fans. This went on way too long again, I’ll have to cull more questions in the future. Freeman’s Mind coming soon + Halloween stuff later in the month! Also streaming dates in the Youtube description.

Ask questions or topics to discuss here for the next videochat with fans on 5:00pm UTC on October 4th at twitch.tv/rossbroadcast. Right now it’s a 50-50 chance if the next Freeman’s Mind is out before the videochat, some aspects of it are beyond my control. In addition to more FM, there will be stuff coming for Halloween!

New Game Dungeon! This took way, way longer than it was supposed to. The original plan was to have this be under 20 minutes released last month. Instead, the game hit me pretty hard so I just didn’t want to leave so much out. Anyway, it’s finally done and I’m pretty happy with it, though I’m really going to have to go back to shorter episodes for a while. I think I figured out the source of some of my problems in the game since I made it, but not all of them.

On another note, I discovered a bug in Premiere hours ago, where it simply interpreted FRAPS footage improperly. It actually caused stalled frames and the timing to change. This came as a bit of a shock as I didn’t notice it until very late in the process. Re-encoding into another lossless codec solved the problem, but I wasn’t going to do that for 1.5TB of footage (the gameplay was recorded losslessly) without delaying the video another day at least. I solved the most egregious problems, but it’s possible there are some small problems left in there that I missed. I can release one of the problematic clips for testing if people are interested, though I should see if I can chop it without re-encoding as it’s about 30GB on its own. For anyone critical of fraps, feel free to recommend software for recording DirectX 5-8 content with hardware antialiasing enabled (it may not behave how you think).

Freeman’s Mind next! Should come much faster!

  • Create New...

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.