Special Skills or Talents

Sign in to follow this  

I wasn't lording programming skills over, I was pointing out my problem solving ability.

Hi Friend.

I'd say my only real talent is one I've never made much of and that's my ability to figure out just about any song on piano and Sax if left alone for a while. I can always tell when a not is note right and when it is.

Aside from that, would have to be a "building" aspect. took a sculpting class a few quarters ago, and on the last day of the quarter, the instructor took me aside and told me that while my drawing was nothing special, in the past 2 years there, there had only been 2 others beside me to correctly sculpt human proportions. Not to mention, I'm 20 years old and still cranking out color matched and technologically advanced looking Lego models from my 50000 pieces. XD

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Retired Forum Moderator

I know what the difference is between polygons and NURBS, as well as Pixels, Voxels and Texels.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

SCIENCE!

Engineering is about the only thing I have any real proficiency in.

Luckily, I have rather enjoyed it so far, despite the moderate difficulty of my course work.

Also, I have a rather odd knack for remembering the most pointless of fact and concepts, but never names.

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

And during sexytimes, my partners register an average of six ohmigods.

:shock:

I don't think I have any special skills... :?

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Also, I have a rather odd knack for remembering the most pointless of fact and concepts, but never names.

Isn't that the way it is for all geniuses?

I thought of a few more...

I can hike through extremely rough forest terrain with a 100lb+ pack indefinitely.

I am a natural with guns, and very proficient with a bow.

I naturally notice good sniping spots everywhere, and the innumerable holes in federal security at airports.

I can make things that shouldn't be able to work, work. (my old car, with a quarter-inch hole in the radiator, just a minor example)

I can annoy people on forums very rapidly when I want to, without breaking forum rules.

Every girl I have become friends with (hundreds) have either outright asked at some point for "sexytimes" (as Doom so delicately put it) or been obviously willing, yet I have not left my virgin status behind.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I can solve 3x3, 4x4 and 5x5 Rubik's cubes

I have a strong grasp of cosmology, physics and quantum mechanics. (at least for someone my age)

I have good stamina while jogging, and I'm decent at Taekwondo

I can fly

I've got balls of steel

Probably some more stuff, but it's 2 AM. I'll post again tomorrow.

I think my strong points are:

Producing, Djing, Football, Quick Website Design, Modding, Free-fight, Deep thinking (Philosophy), Computers, Password cracking, Easy memory of Languages (But horrible short term memory), reading people really easily and (In all sad honesty though in my experience, some women... they are just crazy) Real life Debates. (But I often suck at debates involving writing)

And finally, making people enemies whenever just by stating how I view the world in all honesty. Hence I had to shut my mouth to many teachers in my life, as a lot of them cried after hearing my own philosophy about subjects....

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Isn't that the way it is for all geniuses?

I thought of a few more...

I can hike through extremely rough forest terrain with a 100lb+ pack indefinitely.

I am a natural with guns, and very proficient with a bow.

I naturally notice good sniping spots everywhere, and the innumerable holes in federal security at airports.

I can make things that shouldn't be able to work, work. (my old car, with a quarter-inch hole in the radiator, just a minor example)

I can annoy people on forums very rapidly when I want to, without breaking forum rules.

Every girl I have become friends with (hundreds) have either outright asked at some point for "sexytimes" (as Doom so delicately put it) or been obviously willing, yet I have not left my virgin status behind.

So... You could be James Bond???

I do parkour and am good with guns, not a natural as BTG put it, but good either way. Well, handguns and other sidearms at least. Oh yeah, the first (and pretty much only time) I used throwing knives I hit my target.

Hi Friend.

So... You could be James Bond???

Not quite... I have too large of a mid section for that... *rubs belly fondly*

*im able to stick to the PC 11 hours a day on a regular basis. AND NOT DIE!

*i can make my 16 dogs army to obey me.

*i can pass any exam without studying sh*t (75% of times i succeed)

*im a natural leader

*i speak better English than most of my teachers and friends

*i have this thing that allows me to do weird stuff with my body... like moving bones in and out of place, putting both legs behind the head (without any training whatsoever) and perform a facepalm with my foot.

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

@ blightmare and Doom Shepherd - I'm guessing you both have Absolute Pitch, you lucky people.

As for myself, I'm probably a bit too much of a pessimist to believe I have any talent, natural or otherwise, other than for being lazy. I did however achieve my Grade 7 for piano, but I find doing regular practice difficult, not because of the piano itself, but probably due to my procrastinating/distractable nature.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

perform a facepalm with my foot.

Wouldn't that be a faceheel?

What if it was with the ball of the foot, or the arch?

Faceball? Facearch?

I found another one: I know too damn much about Oblivion. I talked ABG's ear off before I realized I was rambling. But that's not really a skill so much as it is proof that I've wasted over 2000 hours of my life on something that will probably not benefit me at all.

@ blightmare and Doom Shepherd - I'm guessing you both have Absolute Pitch, you lucky people.

Sounds right. Too bad my intended line of work won't be using that much. :/

Retired Forum Moderator

I have perfect pitch in hearing only... I can detect even the slightest of pitch change, volume change, or even a timing alteration. (and remember it forever) I'm hopeless when reproducing the sounds/tunes/melodies though. :lol:

I have perfect pitch in hearing only... I can detect even the slightest of pitch change, volume change, or even a timing alteration. (and remember it forever) I'm hopeless when reproducing the sounds/tunes/melodies though. :lol:

Anyone can hear pitch variations etc, I believe that would be classed as relative pitch. Absolute Pitch is to know what a sound is simply by hearing it without other reference. For example, someone plays a chord, and the person with Absolute Pitch can hear the notes in that chord and know the key it's in. Not because they've practice it or heard the chord a lot, they simply 'know' in the same way that a (non-colourblind person) can identify that something is blue simply by looking at it.

Remembering it forever would be classed under something else I suspect. A perfect memory would be capable of reproducing it correctly however.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."