9/11: Ten Years Later

Sign in to follow this  

Hard to believe it's been ten years. Ten years later, most people still remember what they were doing when they heard. For me, I sat in the living room with my sister and my brother while my nanny told us that our parents flight were delayed because there were hijackers.

Ten years later and thousands of lost lives later, we're still at war with no end in sight.

I thought this short historical fiction was really, really cool. The eeriest thing about it was that it depicts our current situation as a crazy dystopia world--like something out of an Orwell novel.

This thread is to talk about what the hell happened and what the hell is happening now. What were YOU doing when you heard? Why are we still at war? Will it ever end?

Not to sound like an ass but crap happens all the time all over the world, i tend not to care unless it involves people i know or myself.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I watched a documentary recently about how the guys survived inside.

Some good qualities show when a tragedy happens.

I do have some comments:

The people of the last Flight are always forgotten and they are true heroes I would say taking over the plane and assaulting so it didn't crash into the capitol.

10 years later and people still believe in some majro dumbass consipracies... -_____-

You are still at war because AL Quaida is still at war and is not trying any peace negotiations and besides they haven't given up after osama, in fact my prediction was that they are going to be forced for a last stand or attack somewhere with all the money and power they have right now.... we'll see.

I was sitting in Germany and even I was sad watching what happened, it's disgusting and cowardly.

I wonder what would have happened if the fighters did shoot down the airplanes... Would everyone right now hate them?

No other comments, just make them surrender and get over this war.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

I've never been happy with the explanation for all the weird things that happened that day and I've been growing more and more embittered about it every year since 9/11. I was a kid when it happened and it's insane that 10 entire years have passed since that day.

Like thousands of other key issues in the history of the US, the public is being lied to in some way, shape or form and we're just okey dokey with it.

"It's time to evolve. That's why we're troubled. You know why our institutions are failing us, the church, the state, everything's failing? It's because they're no longer relevant...Evolution did not end with us growing opposable thumbs."

Poiuyt, are you a conspiracy theorist?

The people of the last Flight are always forgotten and they are true heroes I would say taking over the plane and assaulting so it didn't crash into the capitol.

I agree--the passengers really are heroes.

They would be ashamed of their families.

You are still at war because AL Quaida is still at war and is not trying any peace negotiations and besides they haven't given up after osama, in fact my prediction was that they are going to be forced for a last stand or attack somewhere with all the money and power they have right now.... we'll see.

I think we're still at war because of both war presidents' failure to recognize the identity of the enemy (e.g. Bush saying "Islam is peace", Obama saying "Bin Laden was not a Muslim leader") and their altruistic war policies (e.g. letting our boys needlessly die because god forbid we hurt civilians).

You're right that the terrorists will fight to the last man--but this is nothing new; Imperial Japan was about to arm every man, woman and child to die for their emperor despite their decisive defeat at Okinawa. Fortunately, President Truman gave the order and showed the Japanese what was the end result of their death-worshiping culture and just what happens when someone fucks with America. Not only did he show the impotency of their culture--thus destroying their ability to wage war--he showed the world that America's retaliation was a fact of nature: if you throw a ball, it will stay in motion until an unbalanced force acts on it; if you listen to music too loudly, you go deaf; if you touch America, you get vaporized.

I don't think evil is measured by quantity i.e. an act of war is an act of war, no matter how many lives were lost. Even if you don't agree, keep this in mind: the 9/11 attacks killed more Americans than the attack on Pearl Harbor.

What's the point of having nukes if you're not going to use them?

We need a war president like Lincoln or Truman.

I've never been happy with the explanation for all the weird things that happened that day and I've been growing more and more embittered about it every year since 9/11. I was a kid when it happened and it's insane that 10 entire years have passed since that day.

Like thousands of other key issues in the history of the US, the public is being lied to in some way, shape or form and we're just okey dokey with it.

Shoot, the reason we were in Vietnam was a lie. The CIA announced that the second attack on whatever never actually happened, thus giving us no legit reason to be there.

Anyway, the 9/11: Ten Years Later thing is just stupid. It seems like the media is just milking it nowadays.

Hi Friend.

What irks me greatly is the fodder of the weak minded:

"9/11 was an Inside Job" is a very successful franchise of conspiracy theory junk DVDs and stickers. The Guy who started it is a multi-millionaire, the people whom he pawned them to are a nominal component of voters who affect how the government of the US is run.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

"9/11 was an Inside Job" is a very successful franchise of conspiracy theory junk DVDs and stickers. The Guy who started it is a multi-millionaire, the people whom he pawned them to are a nominal component of voters who affect how the government of the US is run.

It would be genious if he actually did that on purpose to pay to the families of the victims.... but he didn't.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

I'm at the same time amused and pissed off at the conspiracy industry. It's upsetting how we are indeed being boned and lied to by our leaders past and present, but we're so distracted by the pop versions of those conspiracies we'll never find any real truth.

"It's time to evolve. That's why we're troubled. You know why our institutions are failing us, the church, the state, everything's failing? It's because they're no longer relevant...Evolution did not end with us growing opposable thumbs."

That is rather sardonically hilarious and rationally disgusting to the point of loathing.

I was at school... Saw it on the TV in the classroom... Everyone else was in shock, and I just calmly asked why the planes hadn't been shot down before they hit the towers.

I had to be on-call for the next 2 days since I was a member of a Civil Air Patrol ground team. (CAP ground teams are the ones that find the crashed aircraft that Sheriff's Offices take credit for finding, they also do all missing person searches) We had the only non-military aircraft in the air during the country-wide lockdown. I was a part of one of the best ground teams in the country, and had to be ready at a moment's notice to go if I got the call. (they ended up having just enough teams in the area that they didn't need ours)

Once it was 'over', I just said "drop a nuke on them and get it over with". Didn't happen. Once the war started, I said "this will go on for years, shoulda just nuked and got it over with"... 10 years later, still at 'war' without doing a damn thing to finish it.

As a freshman in highschool, even I knew that this was going to take forever without using nukes... :x

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Nukes have consequences.

Somehow I think you admire the ideals of Douglas MacArthur.

Nuked who exactly?

I'm just watching TV about this attack. It was a sad day for US and for all world. :(

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I'm sad that it happened, but crying about it isn't going to bring the victims back. That's just the way it is.

"Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, EVERYONE DIES!" - Gordon Freeman

I'm just watching TV about this attack. It was a sad day for US and for all world. :(

Except Palestine....

HRA0NKQ0k6E

Except Palestine....

HRA0NKQ0k6E

Nuke Palestine, and see the Americans party and dance.

I hate it when Americans make other countries out to be the bad guys, while they are not any better.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Except Palestine....

HRA0NKQ0k6E

Nuke Palestine, and see the Americans party and dance.

I hate it when Americans make other countries out to be the bad guys, while they are not any better.

I'm not american, but these people are laughing at civilians dying.... I can understand if it was military operations but this is an attack on civilians. I can also imagine there was people from many other countries other then us on the towers.

The war was started not by european standards, that's for sure.

Now personally I also believe the country is right about israel basically invading it and taking it's territories over the reason that they ridiculously claim that this land was theirs 2000 years ago.

That's why i don't like war, it is not fought by people, it is fought by countries. Many people think that entire countries filled with completely innocent civilians should be nuked because some pigs did an attack on the twin towers.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's why i don't like war, it is not fought by people, it is fought by countries. Many people think that entire countries filled with completely innocent civilians should be nuked because some pigs did an attack on the twin towers.

Yet, if you are truly innocent then you should rebel against the government which is in war and form partisans.

If you do not even try, it is actually in a way your fault.

The japanese in World War 2 for example did almost nothing to stop their government. A nuke on the city was very wrong though, I would nuke or bomb depending on location the military operations where everything was getting produced untill japan just ran out of arsenal.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 76 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.