Why is Gordon Freeman afraid of muppets?

Sign in to follow this  

In

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6hFnyfGwsY at 2:15 Gordon Freeman yells out "These aliens suck! I'm already afraid of muppets, I don't need this on top of that!!" What do you think the background for Gordon's Mupaphobia. Could it go back to when he was a child and he saw the https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTc3PsW5ghQ or could he have taken some acid while at MIT and everyone started looking like Beaker?

What do you think?

Why is he scared of muppets?

Because they're fracking muppets!

Look!

Scary-Muppet-224x162.jpg

Is that not the face of terror?

Why is he scared of muppets?

Because they're fracking muppets!

Look!

Scary-Muppet-224x162.jpg

Is that not the face of terror?

:o

Now I don't need aliens!

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I think we have to test a 4 year old child with this picture... or better not!

We know that many people in world have a Clownphobie, right.

A child can never deside if the smile of a Clown is full of happyness or evil, i am not scared of Clowns (I give them what they need on "Left 4 Dead 2" Hell yeah!!!) but to me appears this smile as a fake feeling.

Do i have to laugh with a stupid clown??? No.

"Well... it didn't work Heather!!!"

Obviously because of the kitty corner shot.

Are you fucking kidding me? You can't tell me they didn't get that idea from the game postal :D

@topic: maybe he just watched some movies with killermuppets when he was a kid...

Fool me once: Shame on you. Fool me twice: EVERYONE DIES!!!

si·lence (noun): The sound people make, when everyone trying to kill you is dead.

I'm sorry I'm sorry......really? they are Muppets I am scared of them ....they can see through time man :0

This is the end of the line, and I'll rip you apart for what's inside.

Compensating wealth for what's more and more worthlessness.

The end of fear, the end of your life, I'll kill you right now, fucking die.

I remember when I was a child, there was this one muppet that scared me, and that's Beaker...

This guy...

Beaker.jpg

He was always the victim of terrifying experiments, and he always talked in meeps. In fact, I think Beaker here is the reason I stayed the hell away from any career in the science field. This one's lived through many random explosions.

Anyways, it's episode 23 of Freeman's Mind that Ross Scott's incarnation of Gordon Freeman says "I don't like to beep much, it reminds me of that muppet", which more likely than not, is a reference to Beaker. I'm guessing Ross Scott had the same fear as a child that I did. Beaker destroyed another possible career in the science field.

How can people be scared of beaker!? He's awesome! :P

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

ekBJgsfKnlw

Try explaining to a four year old child how your nose WON'T fall off while eating paper clips.

I wouldn't believe you.

First you'd have to eat a bowl full of paper clips. You'd probably have stomach pains simply from the fact that they're paper clips, then have to go to the hospital and have doctors laugh at you. Then they'll put you through all the psychiatric assessments, trying to figure out whether you're "fit for society", when all you're trying to do is prove a four year old wrong.

Science fails...

Muppets fail...

Hey there's a difference between paper clips and 'edible' paper clips! :P

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."