The voice Ross Scott gave Gordon fits him perfectly.

Sign in to follow this  

The first time I heard it, it fit Gordon beautifully, like that meant to be his voice all along. If Valve was to ever have Freeman speak in a game, they should either

A. Hire Ross to do the voice

or

B. Scrap the idea entirely

"Am I a hero? Eh, I don't know... I don't think it's heroic if the only person you're saving is yourself."

- Gordon Freeman

^That.

You only think it fits because he was like the first person to give voice to Freeman. At least I think that because he was the first person that I heard Voice Freeman.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

Well, it's also not WAY off, like if he sounded 12 or like a girl.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

C. Hire Ray Ramano

Ray Romano sounds NOTHING like Ross.

I disagree, but I DO agree that Ray wouldn't be as valuable, since Ross has the Freeman personality and can do that Vortigaunt voice. Also, although they don't sound exactly alike, it's close enough that they could probably do good imitations of one another.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

C. Hire Ray Romano
Why Ray Romano? Because he sounds vaguely like Ross? Besides, Ray Romano has gotten way too old to do the voice of a 27 year old physicist with any accuracy.

"Am I a hero? Eh, I don't know... I don't think it's heroic if the only person you're saving is yourself."

- Gordon Freeman

^That.

You only think it fits because he was like the first person to give voice to Freeman. At least I think that because he was the first person that I heard Voice Freeman.

Nah, I don't think so. I think Ross's voice fits perfectly for HIS Freeman.

The paranoïd, cynical, crazy scientist, the Dr.House of Black Mesa.

And I also think that his character is the best one ever made for Freeman.

It matches perfectly, explains totally why Freeman isn't like all those other dumbasses scientists, why he doesn't stop what he's doing and kill himself or sit down and shake his head like a German Black Mesa scientist.

He mentions Die Hard, and that's sort of very analiigous (SP? im using IE at school so i dont have spellcheck) to the plot of hl1 (caught in a wtf situation, finds a crowbar, finds weapons, has to deal with "terrorists" (the soldiers) and also, aliens. And the ending is seriously a cop-out.

Gman picks you up, says that you either agree to help him or he killz you, then the game ends

Well, it is easyer to imagine Gordons face with Ross voice then from someone else.

Examples:

Bruce Willis ist perfect as an actor no doubt, but he will never fit Gordon.

I mean you cannot synchronise Sonic the hedgehog with the voice of Arnold Schwarzenegger... this will look way more then stupid.

Smart if you want to sell your idea, but stupid to watch & hear....

I guess it was both- "smoopid."

It matches perfectly, explains totally why Freeman isn't like all those other dumbasses scientists, why he doesn't stop what he's doing and kill himself or sit down and shake his head like a German Black Mesa scientist.

:lol::lol::lol:

Thats my point of view!

I mean - think something like this realy happends, your are new at the job and you have no idea why everyone gone so crazy & try to kill you...

You have to go out of there!!

The other scientists are older then you & want only live normaly, go to work like nothing happend and hope to find someone else to clean the mesh without any cost.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"Well... it didn't work Heather!!!"

I think I read somewhere that they based Freeman off Ross Scott...

I have a hard time imagining Freeman without Ross' voice.

Definitely this. Here's a thought, is Valve even aware of Freeman's Mind? I know it sounds crazy, but I was under the impression that they don't really care about machinima in the first place. If that's the case then Gabe, you are missing out BIG time.

COURIER'S MIND: RISE OF NEW VEGAS

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2181

http://www.youtube.com/user/101Phase?feature=mhee

SEASON 5 WILL AIR IN SUMMER 2013!