Hey hacker guy

Sign in to follow this  

As I'm sure you know, this website has needed help for a long time, the guy who created it has basically had to abandon it and I don't know about web programming. Somebody took over to make a mockup, but that's been in limbo as well. Crap like this sets me back so I have less time to put into the episode. How about emailing me about what can be done to fix up the site? As far as your cred goes, hacking this site is the equivalent of beating up a homeless guy in the alley. I'm sure there's better and more deserving targets.

TO VIEWERS:

I'm not deleting the hacker's posts, because I think it would be an unwise move to act like this didn't happen and would provoke further action from him. Also I don't know how to disable the music, I'll try and have that fixed when I can.

In the meantime, the website revamp has now taken full priority for obvious reasons. I'll keep working on the episodes since I'm not the one who will be doing the actual programming, but there's a lot to coordinate, so this will eat into my time.

EDIT:

Thanks to those who sent me the old news posts. Work is underway getting the site revised and hopefully non-hackable in the future.

Yea, I agree with you. This attack was absolutely idiotic. What would be the motivation to do something like this?

true...there was basically no point to this attack...

You tell'em Ross

Plus, could they have put lamer music?

Those guys think they're such big shots but they need petty stuff like this to get their wood, it's pathetic.

Here's hoping the hackers actually contact you Ross Scott. I doubt the cowards would do such a thing, but regardless, it looks like you've got quite a team of fans ready to help you out. I can't offer anything besides what I've posted in the previous comments section about all the info I've found about the possible hackers. I hope your site gets repaired, and I hope that this won't happen again.

Stick it to the man Ross, and show that you can prevail over any and all mishaps that keep you from doing what you enjoy most, putting out entertainment we can all enjoy.

Ross, I'm sure you'll get through this. Even if it's rough.

I did a little look into the html source code the hackers put on the site, did a search for the domain listed in the altered source code on MaxMind, and I found this info:

URL source of images and background audio: http://ritnuts.webs.com (8.15.7.117)

Location of Server:

Latitude: 34.0607

Longitude: -118.4032

City: Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Organization (that owns the server the domain is hosted): Co-Location.com (sounds like they are a generic hosting service)

Whoever owns that domain, bought it from a US based company, but from looking at the site, I suspect that they are foreign in origin.

- CrazedNighthawk

its all right. Anyone who would hack this site is retarded

I mean, whats the point of hacking this site, so you can delete some news posts or pretend your Ross

Im sure everything will be ok soon so it doesnt really matter

"- CrazedNighthawk's Comment"

Hehe, a quick google map of the lat and long coordinates gives an exact address

336 S Peck Dr

Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Thanks to google street view, the house can also be viewed, but I can't say there's much to be gained from that except that it looks like a standard family size home.

There is no gain with the hacking of this website, its baseless planning and a wast of time and some people's patience, there is nothing but videos on this site, the only thing they are acomplishing is to but piss off Ross Scott and some fans, however Ross, Keep in mind these guy(s) are still hackers, so any email sent by he/she/them to you might cause the same effect upon your own computer. Think carefully if you either want them to beat a homeless guy on the alley or to fuck up your computer/Steam/etc.

Hey Ross,

If you want to stop that background audio, delete the 2nd altered news post the intruders put up. The file being played is referenced in the html code as: http://ritnuts.webs.com/vande matram2.swf

Hope that is helpful.

- CrazedNighthawk

Re: CrazedNighthawk

Don't be stupid . The address you got is for WEBS.COM, a very respectable website creation service- what you just did is equivalent to trying to lookup the IP address on youtube.com for someone's USER PROFILE. IT DOESN'T WORK.

Attn: Please ignore CrazedNighthawk's comment- it is not helpful- I have already contacted webs.com regarding Nuts's violation of their ToS, and I expect their content to be removed soon. It's nice that you tried to help, but, it's not very helpful if you don't know much about anything

WE LOVE YOU ROSS, NEVER GIVE UP IN THE FIGHT AGAINST EVIL!

Guys, I don't want to disappoint you but chances are this was an "automatic" hack. Sites are usually powered by some kind of software, like Joomla, Wordpress, etc. And sometimes software has security flaws. This means that if we know that Wordpress version X.Y.Z has a flaw, we can write a script that scans web for blogs and tries to automatically exploit the security issue (and when the blog happens to be Wordpress X.Y.Z, the script will perform the successful hack). What I am trying to say is that most likely no one reads your angry comments and well, unfortunately, the Ross's post as well.

Don't be a jack-ass. Anyway, if that is the location of the hackers. Then lets all mob up and pilage them!

-Street Kid

This... This is the most pointless and pathetic display I have ever seen. Whoever this nutjob is, he's a jackass who's probably under ten years old.

I hope he gets what he deserves.

To me, it looks like the work of Script Kiddies. That means that they're probably sloppy. Check your site's access logs- if you use something like statcounter, look for an IP address that has never visited before. I don't think the server logs would be able to show you anything- as they didn't exploit the server itself, just the software you have running on it (the Accursed Farms login thingy).

I have to say. It's like Ross has his own online army ready to come to his aid! That's pretty cool!

We will always try to help Ross!

-Street Kid

A hack done by idiot children with too much time on their hands.

They accomplish nothing and can only destroy to satisfy their petty ego.

Love your work Ross, keep on doing what you do best.