Signature Removal

How do you feel about the removal of signatures?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the removal of signatures?

• I am fine with it
    • I am upset about it
    • I am indifferent

Why is no one even considering my suggestion to put display signatures in UCP to off by default and making a sticky telling people how to change it in case they do want to see them. New users don't have to ever see signatures again and the people who DO want to see signatures can see them. It should be very easy to do as well.

EVERYBODY WINS!#@!@

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

your consideration was properly considerated and considerately it all depends on what Ross wants to do. i'm sorry but the Commander in Chief says images, and BBcode in signatures are out.

your consideration was properly considerated and considerately it all depends on what Ross wants to do. i'm sorry but the Commander in Chief says images, and BBcode in signatures are out.

All things considered, I consider that considering his consideration (which he considered to be a good consideration), is to be considered considerate. :mrgreen:

Back on topic: I've been reviewing the events of the last few weeks. I believe the signature situation to be a most unfortunate one, brought upon by injudiciously large images and "Pony Spam" (which, as Ross said, "I'm not really sure what to make of it myself, when about half the threads here have been covered in pony pictures seeing as how none of the videos have anything to do with ponies").

The threads look cleaner now though, so I guess something good came out of it.

My only regret is that the link to the donations page that was hidden in my signature is no longer active :(. I'll have to think of new ways to funnel traffic to that.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

The system doesn't work.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

It really was too fucking much at points. Especially when people quoted posts with big images and didn't bother to remove the tags on it. And quite a few signatures were too big. Particularly Rainbow's at one point. Good riddance to all that malarkey, I say, and I hope I don't see it again unless signatures have size restrictions and people remember to remove the tags in quotes.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

and people remember to remove the tags in quotes.

signatures didn't show up in quotes :P

No, but have you seen the MLP thread at times?

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

Yea, if it's a big pic or a long list of things, take the image out of the quote and put in "picture of..." On the MLP thread, I don't really care because it's a bunch of pictures of ponies, even if they're all the same pics from quotes, they're still ponies! :D

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Its DEFINITELY possible to limit image sizes. I know that on the Black Mesa Forums, there was an issue with sig-image size before I was banned for NO REASON. Raminator, one of the main mods, just made it so that every sig image on the forum over a certain size was resized automatically. I personally just used AdBlock Plus to block large sig images.

I don't exactly know about forum code but I don't think that it would be too big a pain in the ass to just ask them how they did it.

Its DEFINITELY possible to limit image sizes. I know that on the Black Mesa Forums, there was an issue with sig-image size before I was banned for NO REASON. Raminator, one of the main mods, just made it so that every sig image on the forum over a certain size was resized automatically. I personally just used AdBlock Plus to block large sig images.

I don't exactly know about forum code but I don't think that it would be too big a pain in the ass to just ask them how they did it.

We know it's possible, and I know how to do it. Ross still wanted them gone though.

THIS SUXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!

C'mon, guys, I can't stand this, I want my signature back!

It looks awfull

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I think it looks kinda oldschool this way... ;)

Yeah, keep it looks like this. It isn't that bad like it was before

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"