Could Freemans Lougie Have changed the outcome?

I was bored today during my BCA class, so i decided to watch through the Freemans mind Series..

In Ep. 3, Freeman was talking about how they installed those retanal scanners because he was caught playing racquet ball in the chamber.

shortly after he looks into the pit where that crystal was and was about to Huck a lougie..

What i am wondering is: What if he spat it into the pit? would it have changed the outcome of the experiment? or would it have made the resconance cascade scenario worse?

Listen to us Live @ - http://www.spreaker.com/user/thebeatbox

------

DJ Highlander (Me) - The Collaboration Project

DJ Dexrith - The Metal Minute

DJ Fusion - The Broader Perspective Show

------

we take requests:

email us @ - [email protected]

Ninja Turtles and the Pope would have teleported in.

Things would have gotten weird.

Especially if the Pope started hugging peoples faces.

I think it would trigger the weird transportation error thing that was in the beginning of Half-Life 2, when you go to Breen's office and underwater. Also it would replace Lamar the head-crab with Lamar from Blazing Saddles.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Also it would replace Lamar the head-crab with Lamar from Blazing Saddles.

THAT'S HEDLEY!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Retired Forum Moderator

yea i have been speculating a little bit towards the alternate outcome of the experiment if freeman spat in the pit..

I was thinking something along the lines of:

Frog people actaully taking over the surface world.. or something that affects freemans psyqe to such an extent that he actually becomes completely insane..

------

------

we take requests:

Since there is no alternative due to the nature of the game it would be fun if Gordon said something like "Wow spitting inside hazardous materials is bad for the experiment, i am a bad scientist"

When I first watched that episode I thought he actually would of done it, thus causing the resonance cascade.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

When I first watched that episode I thought he actually would of done it, thus causing the resonance cascade.
The Resonance Cascade was caused by an unstable Xen crystal. Not because someone sneezed on the Anti-Mass Spectrometer.

"Am I a hero? Eh, I don't know... I don't think it's heroic if the only person you're saving is yourself."

- Gordon Freeman

The Resonance Cascade was caused by an unstable Xen crystal. Not because someone sneezed on the Anti-Mass Spectrometer.

i didnt know that, i just assumed it was Gmans doing..

------

------

we take requests:

''For the last time Gordon, stop spitting in the Anti-mass spectrometer. The manager could fre our asses for that.''

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

i didnt know that, i just assumed it was Gmans doing..

The Gman brought said Xen crystal to Black Mesa.

"Am I a hero? Eh, I don't know... I don't think it's heroic if the only person you're saving is yourself."

- Gordon Freeman

Well, it's possible that the sample was stable but "the administrator" wanted a conclusive reading so they ramped the anti-mass spectrometer to 105% for extra resolution. So, really, this is all Dr. Breen's fault. The sample probably would've been fine under normal circumstances, but with Breen's carelessness, (see how he treats the gravity gun in HL2), he caused the RC.

I think the loogie might actually have prevented the resonance cascade. The scientists were triumphantly claiming that the sample they received was the purest yet, and thus, the most unstable. Freeman's DNA undoubtedly would have ruined the purity of the sample. Thus, the results would have been considerably inaccurate, but it most likely would not have caused the resonance cascade (though mechanical failure did have some contribution to the disaster as well, think of the "it's about to go critical" scene).

Of course, Freeman probably would have been fired - if not for spitting into the spectrometer, then at the very least for showing up to work a full thirty minutes late.