Where does Gordon hides all the weapons?

Look this whole thread and it's question doesn't have an answer, Gordon Freeman is a god among men, he doesn't need to explain how he behaves or why he never needs to use the toilet or how through his entire journey he never drops his glasses and never seems to know where exactly he's going but always gets to where he needs to be or why he accepts every job that is offered despite the risk and outcome or even where he puts all his souvenirs throughout his trip, Gordon Freeman can get away with defying laws of physics and space and time because simply....He is Gordon Freeman...and he's got a goatee. I rest my case

That's the most boring answer I've heard. Have some imagination, please. XD

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Was purposely boring :D, everything that can be said has been already

"Fat People Not Good"

In his rectum, obviously.

Hiding weapons in your rectum? That sounds like a... *puts on sunglasses* ...pain in the ass.

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Hiding weapons in your rectum? That sounds like a... *puts on sunglasses* ...pain in the ass.

You sir, deserve a beating.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

You sir, deserve a beating.

6lSuuiPWGPw

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

GabeN^ didnt answer me when my steam got banned, Im sorry for buying your games.... Valve doesnt seem to care too much now do they? Sorry for sidetracking. Back on zie topic.

OFC they don't care too much. Valve's a corporation, and corporations make money.

VALVe is a private company what means it doesn't have to publish it's income and also, according to Wikipedia:"A privately held company or close corporation is a business company owned either by non-governmental organizations or by a relatively small number of shareholders or company members which does not offer or trade its company stock (shares) to the general public on the stock market exchanges, but rather the company's stock is offered, owned and traded or exchanged privately. Less ambiguous terms for a privately held company are unquoted company and unlisted company."

So it works in kinda different way than normal corporations. GabeN is still GabeN ^_^ Yeah, but this was rude with your account. I think they are a bit like Facebook. Ooops! We have mistankenly banned your account! *and after three months they say* Sorry!

Yeah back on the topic... well or maybe I'll just ask Ross where Freeman holds his all guns... :mrgreen:

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Gordon must have talking back pack, just like Dora the Explorer does.

(I know, it's a long shot, but it's better than Freeman pulling stuff out of his ass like a magician pulls rabbits out of his hat.)

Generally, the player uses weapons for which ammo is currently available, which changes based on what part of the game you're on. This in mind, I just kinda assume that he uses whatever is available at any given time.

In a map like anti-citizen one, we can assume that Gordon carries grenades, his crowbar, his pistols, the gravity gun, and an SMG most of the time. The arrangement could be as follows: crowbar strapped to his thigh where he can draw it as needed (almost like a sword), the 9mm and Revolver in leg holsters on either leg (and magazine pouches), Gravity Gun slung across his back, SMG in hand, and a couple grenades on his waist (For many players, it's rare that he maxes out at 5, no?). It's a tough fit, but it's manageable (especially if we assume his suit augments his strength, which is likely). When he runs into the Combine soldiers later in the same map who are carrying AR2s, he'll of course transition to that weapon because it's better, presumably throwing away his SMG to save space. Whenever he runs low on AR2 ammo, he'd switch back to the SMG, which is definitely easy to come by. Even in long firefights where it's difficult to claim enemy weapons right away, we can assume that Rebels are willing to pass ammo to Freeman if he's running low.

As for the RPG, he only uses those in areas that are either heavily guarded (Nova Prospekt) or heavily contested (lighthouse point, the Nexus, ect.). The only place that really seemed questionable was the cache in the van in the map Highway 17, which he uses to shoot down a pursuing gunship. However, Rebel Outposts dotted the area, so it's not out of the question that resources such as that are scattered all over the coast, but not encountered during the game (Gordon is moving quickly, after all).

For Ravenholm, Gordon is pretty short on ammo because zombies don't exactly pack commando gear. However, the fact that Grigori has planted ammo and guns in town is reason enough to accept that Gordon can switch weapons when he needs to, not to mention the Gravity Gun, which is a great fallback.

So yeah, the simple way to look at this is that he doesn't carry all of these weapons at the same time, but instead makes use of them as they are available while always keeping some necessities (pistols and crowbar for backup, for example) on hand.

Gameplay wise, he wears a suit of impenetrable body armor and carries enough weapons and ammunition to rival the military of a third world country while retaining the ability to crawl through air vents and climb ladders with both of his hands occupied by a readied weapon.

Gameplay wise, he wears a suit of impenetrable body armor and carries enough weapons and ammunition to rival the military of a third world country while retaining the ability to crawl through air vents and climb ladders with both of his hands occupied by a readied weapon.

Well this settles it, Gordon Freeman is an X-man.

"Life sucks sober!"

He disguises the weapons in his skin as tattoo's and can equip them while attacking for a sneak attack bonus of 10d6

Retired Forum Moderator

Oh well, it's better than in Fallout where you can carry ridiculous amounts of ammunition while apparently having nothing to show for it except for a weapon magically stuck to your armor.

you know that teliporter thing on the people in borderlands I figured the HEV must have something like that on it somewhere I mean the teliporter gun from opposing force can teliport an entire human perhaps a smaller one was added to the suit for holding lab equipment.

you know that teliporter thing on the people in borderlands I figured the HEV must have something like that on it somewhere I mean the teliporter gun from opposing force can teliport an entire human perhaps a smaller one was added to the suit for holding lab equipment.

I don't think so. Teleports in the HL universe are shown to be large, clumsy, and slow to operate. Even the ones at White Forest during the final battle in Episode Two were stationary and too large to be carried around, and since they need to be connected to a power source to work Gordon wouldn't be able to use them even if he could carry one. I suppose he could mount one on his car and rig it to the battery somehow, but it's not like that car was built to power a Teleport, so that wouldn't be advisable. Besides, those require a link to work - an outgoing teleport, and one to receive it. How would Gordon get what he needed when he needed it?

Also, I would like to start a motion to have this added to the official "In case of rogue AI, remember your paradoxes" list.

I'm with Twilight Sparkle in that I don't think there is a real in-world answer. It's just a gameplay mechanic and isn't meant to represent the literal in-world reality, in much the same way that in-world training courses in other games where an in-world instructor character tells your character to "press the X button to jump over this barrier" isn't (well, except for maybe in MGS, which is part of the fun with that series). If Half Life was a movie, or even just a slightly different sub-genre of shooter game, he'd be constantly dropping and picking up different weapons instead of carrying it all with him.

But I'm gonna go out on a limb and say everyone already knows that, and the real point of the question is to ignore it and see who can come up with the wildest, most entertaining hypothetical answer.

I'm gonna say even Gordon doesn't know. Between dimensional shifts and all the knocks to the head he's taken, he's just sort of living completely in the moment, like a waking dream state*. When he thinks he needs a different weapon, he just forgets the one he's already holding and reaches back to grab the new one without it ever occurring to him where it's coming from, or where the one he was holding has now gone. Basically, he no longer has a fully functional concept of object permanence.

And the thing is, he's right. That first big resonance cascade shift left him with a kind of lingering fart cloud of extra dimensionality trailing off his body. He moves around relative to the normal three (four?) dimensions, but is always in a fixed location relative to the fart cloud dimensions, so anything he drops in those dimensions stays where it is relative to his body no matter where his body moves in the normal dimensions, and pretty much ceases to exist as far as the normal dimensions are concerned until he remembers it again. Thus he has immediate access to all his stuff at any given moment, but without actually carrying anything he isn't currently holding in his hand.

*This also explains why he just goes along with everything, no matter how crazy or dangerous, and never talks.