Samurai Jack

Sign in to follow this  

Samurai Jack was an awesome anime-style action adventure series that ran on Cartoon network in the early 2000's. One of my favorites, its about the rise of an ancient demon named Aku, and the titular Samurai who must defeat him. Full of action, adventure, and light comedy, I remember it fondly, and I recently discovered that the full series can be watched and downloaded here. Yes, that is the full series and there was, sadly, no ending. The first 3 episodes were meant to be run together as the pilot movie.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Samurai Jack was truly awesome, great combat and a set story (plot that would actually end) I hate when tv shows just sort of float around with no idea what to do next. I like when the show has a plot and sticks to it to a proper ending. Unfortunately Samurai Jack didn't get to see a proper ending as Alyxx said earlier.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

I remember being very disappointed that they cancelled the show. I really wanted to see a proper ending to it.

I was disappointed, too. Apparently, and this is really floating around the rumor mills, a final movie for Samurai Jack is in the works that'll wrap up the loose ends. However, with the show as it is now, the final episode is such a disappointment.

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of the show overall. There are a few episodes that I really liked (most of which feature Aku), but boy, the rest of the show felt like a really long sit. It had a lot of filler, and sure, it mostly tried to bring Jack closer to his goal of returning to the past, but it got real tiresome before the end of season 1. If I had to make a list of must-see episodes, it probably wouldn't be any longer than 25 episodes throughout the show's four seasons, and might even go in a different order than how they originally aired, since the show is very episodic.

I remember being very disappointed that they cancelled the show. I really wanted to see a proper ending to it.

TECHNICALLY, they've never officially 'canceled' it. They just stopped making episodes, though I guess that sorta qualifies, but still. There may be a movie of it at some point too as some director (forgot his name) showed interest in it. So we'll see.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Here's an article I read about the movie about a year ago: http://screenrant.com/jj-abrams-producing-samurai-jack-movie-robf-35322/

Basically, it looks like it is in the works (IMDB.com is estimating a 2014 release), but I can't find anything else that offers more detail on casting and whatnot. It does have a pretty large budget, though, and they'll be trying to make it work for 3D (not surprising, but I hope it doesn't screw up the animation style). I hope they can find a suitable replacement for Aku (for those of you whom may not be aware, Aku was voiced by Maiko, who passed away in 2006). Maybe they'll approach Greg Baldwin (who voiced Uncle Iroh for season 3, the LTA video games, and also Aku in the video games) for the part, since he does a really good Aku (probably a really good Maiko in general).

i was quite young when the show was around, so i can't remember much...

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

I remember Samurai Jack, for some reason Toonami kept showing that episode with the long bridge and occasionally showed a different one like this one where he broke his shoes and tried different shoes.

I remember I was really pissed off when after searching YouTube I didn't find any episode of Samurai Jack. Thanks, Arby for the link. Now I can refresh my memmory. I loved this cartoon but had watch only few episodes.

I like the style in this cartoon and the climate. Bright and dark colours and fight scenes. Jack is a silent character and he doesn't speak much. That fact strangely makes me like him more.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Yeah, I remember the shoe episode. What was that all about?

I think Jack broke the strap on his sandal/s and was trying to find replacements since he couldn't fix the strap himself and needed something to protect his feet. He tries a bunch of shoes, but they all prove ineffective for combat. Eventually, he finds a home of people who still practice older traditions and obtains a new pair of sandals from them.

I remember I was really pissed off when after searching YouTube I didn't find any episode of Samurai Jack. Thanks, Arby for the link. Now I can refresh my memmory. I loved this cartoon but had watch only few episodes.

I like the style in this cartoon and the climate. Bright and dark colours and fight scenes. Jack is a silent character and he doesn't speak much. That fact strangely makes me like him more.

Yeah, Jack is very reminiscent of classic anti-heroes like The Man With No Name from A Fistful of Dollars and Max from the Mad Max movies.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com