Steam is down?

Sign in to follow this  

Umm... it seems like I have no access to the Steam servers. I was on this morning, but now it tells me I have no connection and I can't even see who's online. I got into a TF2 match for a split second, but was then kicked for lacking a VAC server connection. Other people are on, as I heard voice chat upon entering the server. WTF, guys. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I dunno. My computer is dead since Monday. I can't play anything ecpept HL2 and TF2 on my laptop :(

Anyway, I got some problems with connecting with the steam community, so I think there might be something wrong with the servers.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

So, the answer to my problems... shutting the lid to the laptop. When I shut it and brought it back up, the servers were "down" but when I exhausted every possible reason for the loss, I had a stroke of genius and shut the lid. When I brought it back up BOOM, you have 11 friends online and blablablabla. I mean WTF? Just because I shut the lid.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Ah, antenna wasn't activating. Try disabling the power saving modes on the wireless card to prevent the problem from recurring.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I can't update my steam today :/ It says the Internat connection must be turned on. Well... It actually is :/

That's the thing. I had access to the Internet and everything, just not the Steam servers. I opened up Firefox and searched for the answer to my problems, but came up with nothing. That why it doesn't make sense. I HAD internet access, but no Steam...

Steam always seems to be the odd one out. I often find myself without internet connection on anything but magically Steam is working perfectly.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I got this problem, again...

Screen%20Shot%202011-09-10%20at%203.14.40%20PM.JPG

(it isn't my pic, just found it, but it's pretty the same thing)

I searched for the forums but I simply cannot fix this :/

Any idea?

Well, for one thing your Airport is turned off...or are you connecting through Ethernet?

Yeah, but getting a real wire doesn't help at all :/

Hmmm...I would indeed blame the Steam servers then.

On an unrelated note, since when is your name Nicholas? :mrgreen:

huh?