CIVIL PROTECTION: DOUBLE FEATURE!

Sign in to follow this  

Yes, you did an excellent job screaming and babbling in terror. :D

I second that. Also, Ross, if you don't mind me saying so, I think these episodes showed that what's really important is your voice-acting and sense of humour, not the graphical fidelity of the engine. So I really hope you'll find a way to make episodes where you're not forced into an agonising battle with the engine where your only weapon consists of buttons.

Stuff like this makes me regret that there's only one April 1st a year... Looking forward to whatever comes next!

The gravity gun episode is hilarious.

I wonder if there is any April Fools joke in this release, and if so, which parts? As we found out in 2010 when he released the pirate episode, he isn't actually only joking around on this day, it is like he uses it to experiment with new ideas.

I was taken aback by how well the new engine was evidently able to handle the realistic high-resolution textures used in the video.

More seriously, as for the episodes themselves, I enjoyed Reception the best, for the ending. :P

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

This is absolutely good! And original indeed. :D

"It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... the way it is. It's about respecting the will of others, and believing in your own."

Yes, you did an excellent job screaming and babbling in terror. :D

I second that.

Thanks! It was kinda difficult to do actually. I thought neighbours will think I'm crazy or will call the police. :) And then I laoughed at the end of every line... :D Well, it's not a total babbling, if you know Polish, it's pretty logical what I screamed ;)

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

If you have a passion for voice acting you will certainly soundproof your voice acting room and buy expensive equipment. :P

It's certainly less visually appealing than the Source engine, but it's the content of the video that counts. I'm kind of excited to see Ross able to do new things and take CP where it couldn't go before. Feels like there's pretty much limitless potential here since these videos aren't bound by the limitations of Source. I mean, the humor's still the same so I foresee only good things here.

I still want more Freeman's Mind though.

I really liked these episodes. I wouldn't mind to see a few more of these. As others have pointed out, it's the content that matters.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

I certainly wouldn't mind more shorts done in this style if they're easier at all to produce than Source. Lift was seriously one of the funniest episodes in the series.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

This episode really shows off what counts, the content and the voice acting. It doesn't have to be brilliantly animated for it to be good. Even still, we do appreciate the extra effort you put in to make each episode shine. It sets you apart from the rest. Anyway, I hope you can find a real solution in the future that will work for you Ross. I would offer advice if I could.

Be sure to check out the donation page if you liked the video!

I can literally see Ross's IRL troll face shining through the Internet in this post.

This is probably the best cinematic experience I have ever had.

From the script to the excellent editing and rendering, it left me with a unique feeling of satisfaction and euphoria. It's premise is extremely exposing to the human condition. It dug deep into society and current issues and brought me an experience unmatched by any work.

Ross, Please continue your cinematic excellence and always use this engine!

10/10

Civil Protection: A movie of unspeakable truth and a wholesome experience for all.

"Do not inhale fumes, no matter how good they smell."