Aperture Science spares no expense...

Sign in to follow this  

...while Black Mesa spares EVERY expense.

Aperture’s decades old, rusted over catwalks still hold up extremely well, while Black Mesa’s catwalks folded like cardboard on THE DAY OF THE INCIDENT.

"Am I a hero? Eh, I don't know... I don't think it's heroic if the only person you're saving is yourself."

- Gordon Freeman

I hope the Black Mesa mod doesn't screw up that part.

Black Mesa is arguably as insane as Aperture Science. If they don't acknowledge that, then where's the comic relief?

"Am I a hero? Eh, I don't know... I don't think it's heroic if the only person you're saving is yourself."

- Gordon Freeman

Aperture: Creating portals in our dimension.

Mesa: Punching holes in space time to unleash a alien armada leading to the enslavement of humanity.

Still, Mesa owns in the marketplace.

Hmm.

"Do not inhale fumes, no matter how good they smell."

Yep, Aperture Science was no slouch when it came to the actual science! Now, their marketing department on the other hand...

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

Aperture Science:

Treats their test subjects like sub-humans.

Black Mesa:

Treats their employees like sub-humans.

- Gordon Freeman

Aperture Science Boss: Cave Johnson - Insanely cool visionary with a speaking style so great, he could sell ice to Eskimos.

Black Mesa Boss: Wallace Breen - Pawn of alien overlords and douche-canoe extraordinaire.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Aperture: Creating portals in our dimension. Throws science at the wall and sees what sticks. Created GlaDOS.

Black Mesa: Creaitng Portals to and through other dimensions. Scientists are more realistic. Unleashed hordes of aliens and attracted the Combine to our world.

Black Mesa's can instakill, and use any surface.

Though Aperture has a black hole that is kept stable via cooling fans, and is restarted by 2 German stick grenades... Hmmm.

Well Black Mesa and Apreture are similar and different from one another.

Black Mesa's soul purpose was alien/universe/dimension study as well as creating very dangerous weapons for the military.A good example of Black Mesa's portal technology is their portable portal gun that leads straight into xen (from opp force, i count it as a part of BM's tech).Meanwhile Apreture has a completely different idea.Cave had one main plan,science..for some reason.He wanted to exploit the new discoveries with the portals that he found so he can seek multiple purposes for them.Though unfortunately as he kept experimenting he was soon poisoned by the lunar dust and decided to force in his assistant to be well...turned into glados. Glados's main purpose is to test all subjects..until they get killed.If anything both Black Mesa and Apreture are basically insane places.But Black Mesa has very bad architectures and overall that's the cause of thousands of deaths,meanwhile Apreture has a bat shit insane computer who tests till death.Dunno which could be counted for worse,either way it's just two places that want SCIENCE.

Nyao nyao~ 子猫は幸せです

Black Mesa and Aperture Science both have the unspoken slogan of "Lets bring about the god-damned apocalypse... FOR SCIENCE!"

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Talking about the original post here:

Well, the rusted catwalks only had to deal with neurotoxin and some air. Black Mesa's catwalks had to deal with serious seismic event, Xen creatures destroying everything, zombies, crazy marines, dumb scientists, programmers having a rave, a strange man walking around in hard to reach places, and an incredibly jaded physicist in power armor with automatic weapons.

Sounds like for all their flaws, Black Mesa sure knows how to build rather strong buildings. Though, the designers got a bit carried away with locked doors and labyrinthine floor plans.

Black Mesa:

At first glance, they're really serious, but they're actually quite silly.

Aperture Science:

At first glance, they're really silly, but they're actually quite terrifying.

- Gordon Freeman

You'd think Black Mesa would have invested more into private security. Not just the guards with a 9 mm pistol, but rather more better equipt and armed personnel. As in people who carry high calliber weapons.

I look at it this way, because they WERE bringing aliens from another dimension. They even had holding pens, like zoo's...

Wallace Breen - Pawn of alien overlords and douche-canoe extraordinaire.

Eli Vance was also to blame for the incident. When the G-Man gave him the sample, he HAD the option of telling him were to shove it, to call of the experiment, or just run more tests. Yet, he CHOSE to trust him. The results of which we saw in HL2 & Episodes.

On the other hand, Wallace Breen DID make a peace treaty with the Combine. For better or for worse, he did save what was left of the Human race. Otherwise the combine would have turned this planet into a parking lot, were WE would be the Asphalt.

But should we judge these 2 men? Or should we judge Cave Johnson? Who knew very well what he was doing. By that I mean, that at a certain point in his life, he made the decision that the tests subjects were expandable.

I will not stop until all of my foes go down in flames.

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/4950/flamingsigld7.jpg