Freeman's Mind 2 Reactions

I really can't wait to see Freeman's reactions to Ravenholm!

"Fucking road runner zombies, man! The other ones were annoying, but these clock in at like forty k-p-h! How the hell do they even run that fast? They don't have any muscle mass! They look like they were bred in a lab, then dipped in vats of acid before being released into the wild.

You know, I have to respect what seems to be the evolutionary process here. I mean, just look at the old ones. They have those huge claws, so they're clearly supposed to be predators, but they're also slow, clumsy, and make a lot of noise, which makes them really shitty hunters. When you look at it that way, it actually makes sense that they'd die out, and either the species goes extinct or they're forced to evolve into something that's better suited for survival.

But the thing is that should take thousands or millions of years! I was supposed to be dead before these things evolved to the point of being a threat! This is just another example of how reality is fucking with me; even evolution is moving faster than it should just so the universe has a better chance at killing me."

Wait could you do what Freeman's reaction would be to seeing the Vortigaunt for the first time in the train with the rebel, and it's like....

"Let my friend give you a jolt."

:lol:

I really can't wait to see Freeman's reactions to Ravenholm!

"Fucking road runner zombies, man! The other ones were annoying, but these clock in at like forty k-p-h! How the hell do they even run that fast? They don't have any muscle mass! They look like they were bred in a lab, then dipped in vats of acid before being released into the wild.

You know, I have to respect what seems to be the evolutionary process here. I mean, just look at the old ones. They have those huge claws, so they're clearly supposed to be predators, but they're also slow, clumsy, and make a lot of noise, which makes them really shitty hunters. When you look at it that way, it actually makes sense that they'd die out, and either the species goes extinct or they're forced to evolve into something that's better suited for survival.

But the thing is that should take thousands or millions of years! I was supposed to be dead before these things evolved to the point of being a threat! This is just another example of how reality is fucking with me; even evolution is moving faster than it should just so the universe has a better chance at killing me."

Mind if i add something for the poison headrabs?

"Oh great, now these facehuggers are venomous. My life is complete! What more can i fucking ask for? I can't believe i'm saying this, but Evolution sucks! The Universe sucks too."

Welp, now what?

Here's a thought. What if the Eddy that Gordon keeps mentioning is actually Barney, and 'Eddy' is either a nickname, or Gordon has forgotten his actual name.

Regardless of that though, I think that, in spite of evidence to the contrary (Gordon hasn't mentioned Barney once throughout the series), Gordon would recognise Barney upon meeting him. This fact is backed up by the fact that in Barney's Mind, Barney knows Gordon, and the guy who voices Barney in Barney's Mind made a voice acting cameo as him at the end of the second to last episode of Freeman's Mind, possibly making Barney's Mind canon to Freeman's Mind (though that would also make Shephard's Mind canon as well, if it wasn't already).

Anyway, I may have gone off on a tangeant there. Sorry about that.

-- Is what I imagine him meeting the Vortigaunt in the boxcar would probably be like.

Well, he did find Vortigaunts that weren't hostile on Xen, so he might hold his fire initially.

-- Is what I imagine him meeting the Vortigaunt in the boxcar would probably be like.

Well, he did find Vortigaunts that weren't hostile on Xen, so he might hold his fire initially.

And he would probably notice the still enslaved Vort that is sweeping the floor in the train station, behind the fence. I know I saw that the first time I played the game.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

G-Man: Rise and shine, Mr. Freeman... Rise and... shine...

Gordon: [drowsy from being in stasis] ... Wait, wuh? [wakes up completely soon after, and rants after seeing the G-Man] Oh shit, it's you! Where am I, what have you done!? Goddamn feds using their stupid ass technology just to catch me! You guys aren't worth shit! My doctor's degree is worth more than your lives!

Freeman's theoretical relationships with the Half-Life 2 characters

Kleiner: Taught Theoretical Physics at MIT. Got him the job at Black Mesa, which he still wouldn't have turned down if he had foresight.

Barney Calhoun: Didn't hesitate to start killing things when disaster struck, and had the competence to successfully escape. That puts him in the upper echelon of facility personnel.

Eli: "If everyone here had your attitude, we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place." —Freeman

concerned054.jpg

I've noticed a lot of people think this would happen and I can guarantee that Ross will end up doing something else since that's how he rolls. Personally I don't think it would fit Freeman and it wouldn't be very funny if it did happen.

I'd like to see him get bitten by a Poison Headcraband then spend the rest of Ravenholm thinking he's carrying Headcrab babies inside him or something

*sees a Poison Zombie*

"OH GOD, I'M GOING TO END UP LIKE THAT?! NOOOOOOO"

"Dr. Breen...? Jeez, what happened while I was out? I thought the government were trying to destroy Black Mesa. Now he's what, the mayor of wherever the hell I am?"

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Alyx: "Ya! Burn em!"

Gordon: "Jesus Christ, Alyx! They were people once, remember?"

Alyx: "Zom-B-Q!"

Gordon: "Man, I hope Mrs. Vance had life insurance. Ha-yuk!"

(Barney)- "Hey, I think you left this at Black Mesa!"

"Actually, if I recall, I had my crowbar with me all the way right up to when I blew up that giant floating monster's head. But hey, I'll take another one.

Not that I actually used it to kill that thing anyway. Imagine if I tried. He'd be all 'Dude, you have a battalion's worth of weaponry on your back. And you're attacking me with something designed to wedge open boxes.' And I'd be all 'SHUT UP, EAT MY METAL STAFF OF DEATH' Hyaa! I DON'T NEED MILITARY HARDWARE, I HAVE A FUCKING CROWBAR!

I think i can come up with something for that:

YEAH! GRAVITY WEDGIE, BITCHES!

Time to play cosmic dodgeball

I am now the master of gravity!

Welp, now what?

Heck, it'd be simpler than that.

Just constant, maniacal laughter.

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

Got an idea for when he first gets supercharged GGun.

"Uhh...Is that thing safe to touch now..? God knows how many volts it was hit by. Well, it's proved its worth to me already, and I'm in the most dangerous place to human life since..pretty much all of Black Mesa. I think these gloves are insulative...

Woah, well I'm not feeling any more electrocuted than I already am, but damn this thing feels like its going to explode any second! I don't know if I should test it again in case it blows my hands off... Well it did that BEFORE it turned blue, so I'm going to assume it still works. But I STILL need something to fire at those guys.

I wonder if I can break off any of these controls. A high speed metal lever could do some damage HOLY SHIT! DID THAT LIGHTNING BOLT SUPERCHARGE THIS THING? THIS IS AMAZING!"

Okay, so one thing I've been noticing is that in Half-Life 2, when a door doesn't want you to go into it, there's no doorknob. I feel like in Ravenholm, Gordon would start to notice this. I think it would go something like:

Gordon: *Running from Zombies* COME ON! GOTTA GET INSIDE! *tries to open a door, but realizes there's no doorknob* What the fuck!? Why do so many doors have the knobs cut off! It can't be the work of the zombies! That cut is way too clean! Is there just someone running around the country cutting off doorknobs?! Why would anyone do that?!