Post what you're doing right now

Relaxing after finally getting Steam running on Ubuntu 13.04, and installing all my Linux capable games.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

@J.C.: because the power supply is too weak?

Nope. It went super saiyan.

I tested Arma 3, all settings on ultra. Everything was so smooth and beautiful.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Wondering how anyone can cope with 100KB/s internet connection speeds... (I'm in a hotel, and I have to get the 'free WiFi' from the neighboring hotel, and their speed is capped at 100KB/s)

Yeah, but when you pay $60 so you can play a game all the way through, you waste a lot of money...

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Wondering how anyone can cope with 100KB/s internet connection speeds... (I'm in a hotel, and I have to get the 'free WiFi' from the neighboring hotel, and their speed is capped at 100KB/s)

You get used to it...Theoretically we're paying for 3 MBPS internet, but in practice, out here in hickville, that means we're usually running at about 1.1-1.5 MBPS.

OT: Getting ready to go to the pharmacy and taking care of my Mom's pets (all seven of them) while she's on vacation.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

We actually get the advertised speed. Sometimes it even jumps higher than that.

Yeah, my internet at home gets 300KB/s (2.4Mbps) up, and 1.8-1.9MB/s (14.4-15.2 Mbps) down... We bought the 12Mbps (download) internet.

On topic: Finished my nap, now heading to Mass. (at a retreat right now, hence the hotel)

We pay for standard Internet from Xfinity, so I'm not sure of the advertised speed. But I usually get downloads anywhere from 1.4 - 2.2 MB/s.

Also, doing article summaries for my Biology course.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

learning batch commands, figuring out how to build cigar box guitars, and watching tremors 2. also, visited some colleges over spring break, which was this past week.

100 percent average every time, all the time.

Spent about 4 hours playing a text adventure game I can't even remember the name of because I'm pretty much bedridden and have only been playing on my laptop. Oh, the joys of having the flu.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Noticing that when you type with black font in a Word document, some of the letters have a pixel-wide red shadow on the left, or a pixel-wide blue shadow on the right. wat.

>Google 'Bomber Kids' because you heard it on Game Grumps but didn't know anything about it.

>Find article on how Pakistanians are using children as bombers.

b05.jpg

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

>Google 'Bomber Kids' because you heard it on Game Grumps but didn't know anything about it.

>Find article on how Pakistanians are using children as bombers.

b05.jpg

We had a Vietnam vet come to our school back in 08. He told us that within his first hour of leaving the airport to report to their camp, a kid tried to sell their group a Coke. One guy took up the offer and walked towards the kid. Their commanding officer ordered him not to and, because he wouldn't listen, shot the kid, triggering the bomb around his waist and blowing him to pieces.

Then he came home to some hooker in a mini-skirt spitting on him and calling him a baby-killer.

Vietnam was the worst loss ever for the USA... They could have won if it wasn't all about idiotic politics. The worst part was the way the civilians started treating the vets... (I personally consider them among our countries greatest heroes)

On topic: Trying to get a hold of one of my friends to see if he's willing to be used as a reference for a job I'm applying for at Staples.

Vietnam was the worst loss ever for the USA... They could have won if it wasn't all about idiotic politics. The worst part was the way the civilians started treating the vets... (I personally consider them among our countries greatest heroes)

On topic: Trying to get a hold of one of my friends to see if he's willing to be used as a reference for a job I'm applying for at Staples.

Good luck with getting employed!

OT: Working against my tiredness to stay up till 9 so I can get a good night's sleep and put my biological clock back on its rails.

Thanks. :)

Right now, filling in the references section of my application.