More help wanted

Otto, you're amazingly active nowadays :D Yeah, poster action would be cool, what would you put on them?

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Ross, if I might ask, while not working with the contract negotiations (or whatever it is) with Machinima, how are you keeping busy otherwise? Are you creating more FM/CP or other shorts to flood the website with after all this business is done or what? :)

Just an FYI (in case my e-mail got lost or something) I did apply to help with the site despite my thorough amateur status with website administration. (I do know a lot about computers and programming for an amateur though)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Ross, if I might ask, while not working with the contract negotiations (or whatever it is) with Machinima, how are you keeping busy otherwise? Are you creating more FM/CP or other shorts to flood the website with after all this business is done or what? :)

He has definitely been making more episodes to FM, but I don't know how the rest is going. He has also dropped out of contact lately and I haven't seen him post in a long time, so I don't think there's been much progress since about a week ago. Of course the front page chart is well outdated by now, and there IS more content ready to be released, it's just being held up by Machinima.

Otto, you're amazingly active nowadays :D Yeah, poster action would be cool, what would you put on them?

Oh yeah, I guess I have a lot more free time now that Christmas is over. I'm flattered you noticed. I find your avatar kinda creepy, by the way. :P

And when I say "Poster", I should've specified that I mean "paper-with-a-website-address-on-it" pretty much. That's all I'm capable of designing by myself, at least. Any real graphics for promoting Accursed Farms would probably come from Valve and Ross's own work instead, and all the awesome art by his fans too, but really any old logo from the series would do.

For the actual paper image... I've been going over a dozen in my head but I've kinda forgotten how to put the words together. The basic message would be very simple; here is a real crude example of how one might look:

afpostera4size01.png

Of course I wouldn't want to actually print off this one. It's just a very quick sketch I threw together without much thought of how to space, style or size the captions. There's definitely more funnier ways of showcasing it, I just can't recall any.

I'm also fond of the type of advertising that just utilizes one simple image, and only a link or name beside it for people to search online. It would be much more easier to do, and if the vagueness of the poster ends up bringing more curiosity, it should thus bring more traffic. And you could essentially grab an old conceptual design from Half-Life 2 and put a quote from CP onto it. Or else a quote from FM with one of the T-Shirt logos or something.

Since I was free, here's another speedy example:

afpostera4size02.png

Colouring would need a bit of work, and the whole frame is kinda messy in general, but you get the idea.

For the case of community made artwork, you may want to see this awesome old thread:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=795

I think a lot of things in there are poster worthy, especially these:

Cow_text_1280x720_thumb.jpg

Cows_herd_text_1280x720_thumb.png

1280x720.png

civilprotection1920x108.png

All of them great, except for the fact that Black + Mass Printing = unhappy wallet.

Sorry, got a little side-tracked again. On an unrelated note, I just found this:

https://itunes.apple.com/sg/podcast/freeman-39-s-mind-copy/id356174287

I hope you didn't sing the contract with machinima which boundshe you to work forever in slavery for them. I hope you find another publisher and I wish you good luck in everything you do. I wil still be checking this site up every two week or so and if I like what I see, I'll recommend you to my friends.

Oh yeah, I guess I have a lot more free time now that Christmas is over. I'm flattered you noticed. I find your avatar kinda creepy, by the way. :P

Your "posters projects" are prettyy IMPRESSIVE. I think Ross will notice them.

Why do you find my avatar creepy? For blonde avatars, like I wanted to have, I can have this, which I like or a stereotypical blonde one :P

Oh, thanks so much.

Stereotypical? But not even barbies have eyes that big!

Sometimes I feel like she's looking at me this way:

hlprincess2552134247735.jpg

Actually, now that I think about it, this one makes yours seem a lot more innocent. :D

I'll recommend you to my friends.

This is the best way of spreading the word and getting recognition, although I never do it myself because I'd feel embarrassed if people knew how much of an obsessive die hard fan I was. :P

Oh, thanks so much.

Actually, now that I think about it, this one makes yours seem a lot more innocent. :D {/quote]

NOOO!! Now you spoiled it! It looks too creepy for me! ;( My avatar is cute and smart and what you see is some crazy visualization. I'm much nicer than this creep :P

Oh, thanks so much.

Actually, now that I think about it, this one makes yours seem a lot more innocent. :D

NOOO!! Now you spoiled it! It looks too creepy for me! ;( My avatar is cute and smart and what you see is some crazy visualization. I'm much nicer than this creep :P

For everyone talking about RT - I don't think they're very much in the business of buying content. The only instance I can think of is when they took on Rage Quit, which was already a community video to begin with.

Also, your avatar reminds me of this

atta.jpg

or, well, that's not entirely right

some sort of insect, though

it's uncanny valley stuff

But they have an online store and everything, they must be interested in adopting new shows. And wow, a lot of their series have over 100 episodes, Rage Quit included. I guess that's done quite well: http://ah.roosterteeth.com/archive/series.php I like their contact information:

"Business

For all business inquiries including reseller opportunities, podcast sponsorships, display and video advertising options, commercial production, brand integrations and more. Thanks for the interest. We also do most types of mitzvahs.

[email protected]"

I'm so sorry, HLPrincess, I didn't mean to ruin it for you. I'm actually okay with it now, your avatar seems a lot more cuter than compared to my evil visualization. I promise not to look at it that way again. :)

But they have an online store and everything, they must be interested in adopting new shows. And wow, a lot of their series have over 100 episodes, Rage Quit included. I guess that's done quite well: http://ah.roosterteeth.com/archive/series.php I like their contact information:

"Business

For all business inquiries including reseller opportunities, podcast sponsorships, display and video advertising options, commercial production, brand integrations and more. Thanks for the interest. We also do most types of mitzvahs.

[email protected]"

I believe all of the shows they have on that list originated within RT (rage quit was part of the RT community to begin with). I'm not trying to be a debby downer, by all means contact them and set things straight, but it just hasn't happened before. To my knowledge, at least.

I do wonder, if there is some interest in trying to build a bridge 'tween AF and RT, could it possibly be beneficial for a petition of some sort to be started? To demonstrate a degree of public support for such an endeavour? Perhaps make the talk seem a bit more tangible to people?

And when I say "Poster", I should've specified that I mean "paper-with-a-website-address-on-it" pretty much.

I suggest you print a QRcode to the link so people can find it on their phone. Put it in the corner or something. These look pretty awesome.

Otto - you're being forgiven, but it took me a while! :P

ISGC - you're the second person to say that my avatar resembles an insect somehow! I have no idea and i'm far from uncanny valley when I look at my avatar! It's a smart lady!

And the wallpaper guy - ossiemikel, this wallpaper is awesome! Made me laugh when I read what's on it! :D HEHEHEHE!

Thanks, and yeah I was gonna mention your funny wallpaper.

I suggest you print a QRcode to the link so people can find it on their phone. Put it in the corner or something. These look pretty awesome.

Very much noted. Thank you. I'll be looking at what cheap printing companies are around.

I do wonder, if there is some interest in trying to build a bridge 'tween AF and RT, could it possibly be beneficial for a petition of some sort to be started? To demonstrate a degree of public support for such an endeavour? Perhaps make the talk seem a bit more tangible to people?

How very well said. I do suppose I would sign this petition, but only after hearing Ross's input on RoosterTeeth as an option. I've not heard from him since the blog post, and I wouldn't want to make a big thing out of it for the AF and RT forums if Ross felt pressured in doing it only for the fans.

RT is signed with Machinma.

Ross is signed with Machinima.

Going down in the ladder?.

RT is signed with Machinima? What the hell are you talking about? They have nothing to do with Machinima. They are their own company.

"I am Captain Gordon Freeman of the Intergalactic House of Pancakes ordering you to open!"