Anyone here play DOOM?

We could complicate it further and turn the words themselves into a whole math or programming problem.

We could complicate it further and turn the words themselves into a whole math or programming problem.

Net result: Doom 3 beats Quake 4.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Eh, I think both games are equal in their own ways.

Yes, with Doom 3 being greater in all other ways... ;):lol:

Doom 3 and Quake 4 cower in the shadow of the mighty QUAKE.

There need to be signs in Quake 1 that say in giant letters "WATCH THE FUCK OUT." and have a picture of the Shambler on them.

shambler.gif

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

Shammy is one of the scariest creatures I fought in FPS games of my childhood. Those teeth, the massive claws and all the blood...*shivers*

I wasn't anything more than slightly startled by those... It was the Quake 2 berserkers that finally introduced me to actual fear from a game. I had nightmares for a couple days after my first encounter with them...

Then again, at age 10, when you've never really been exposed to any 'horror' media, it tends to scare you when something that has a claymore for one arm and a sledgehammer for the other outruns you.

I love how satisfying the damage feedback of the 1st person view is in Quake. When Shammy does his most powerful melee attack the screen gets smashed downward and the red colour that flashes on the screen for a moment is very thick. Even without looking down at the HUD you'd know that hurt a lot. I used to enjoy blowing myself up by explosion boxes just for those effects. It "felt" so powerful.

I was playing Doom 3 a couple of hours ago. At some point I walked down a corridor, and this woman started whispering at me. Since I was playing in a dark, quiet room, that scared the crap out of me. I proceeded to save the game, turn on a few lights and the TV and switched over to TF2.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Doom 3 is really terrifying, I absolutely love the terror I feel before going past a corridor.

And I think the Tank in Quake 2 is more horrifying than the Shambler honestly. Whenever I heard the Tank's noise I proceeded to run for my freaking life and unload grenades on him.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

So I've now played through every game, for me it goes (from best to worst)

Quake

Quake 3 Arena

Doom II

Quake IV

Final Doom

Quake 2

Doom 3

But Unreal Gold beats them all.

no DOOM 1?

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Final Doom does not include Doom 1. Final Doom is an expansion to Doom 2. Get your shit straight! XD

I meant Ultimate Doom.

I meant Ultimate Doom.

Should probly edit your post then, or someone else is bound to comment on it.