Vent

Are Steam games overpriced? I always balk at the amount of money asked for a digital download.

I'd say that there are a handful games that are overpriced (looking at you, Borderlands The Pre-Sequel), but overall it's within reasonable amounts

If anything, I'd worry more about the tech support of some of the games (particularly those that were made in 2005 and before, but some of the more recent examples are valid too)

A.K.A. UberCatSR

Favorite game: Quake 1.

--------

Another game I'd consider overpriced is Deadpool. IMO it should be $20. The great thing is, you can always wait til it's on sale for the price you like.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Thanks to a piece of shit youtuber the ending to a game I wanted to get was spoiled because they thought it'd be perfectly fine to title the video "FINAL BOSS: " and show the bosses picture. And of course their even shittier fanboy's/fangirl's are all "that's the risk you took going onto youtube" in the comments.

Fuck you that's no excuse. Under that logic rapists and murderers should not be legally punished because that's the risk you take for going out into public but that's not the case and rightfully so! Just because there's a risk of something doesn't mean the assholes who pull this shit should get off fine.

And of course there's no report button for spoiler content because why would there be? A feature actually beneficial to it's community? Preposterous!

Retired Forum Moderator

Thanks to a piece of shit youtuber the ending to a game I wanted to get was spoiled because they thought it'd be perfectly fine to title the video "FINAL BOSS: " and show the bosses picture. And of course their even shittier fanboy's/fangirl's are all "that's the risk you took going onto youtube" in the comments.

Fuck you that's no excuse. Under that logic rapists and murderers should not be legally punished because that's the risk you take for going out into public but that's not the case and rightfully so! Just because there's a risk of something doesn't mean the assholes who pull this shit should get off fine.

And of course there's no report button for spoiler content because why would there be? A feature actually beneficial to it's community? Preposterous!

Let me guess, the game's a week old and "everyone who wanted to play the game already did, and beaten it"?

Just had a similar experience today: Watching TFS play Legacy of Goku 2 and in the middle of it Kirran drops a huge spoiler for Chrono Trigger, in the middle of the video, no context. What the hell?! Then they spoiler a few other things about the game.

So PewDiePie was like "if I hit 50 mil subs, I'mma delete my channel cause screw Youtube". Everyone believed him, the news, the internet, everyone. I get the feeling that final mil he got was from haters who wanted to see him gone. Whelp he reached 50 mil, aaaaaaaand nothing. Well he did delete a channel he did create. A troll/backup channel. So technically he wasn't lying. I can't believe everyone fell for it. The whole "reach 50 mil subs" thing was just him being greedy. Some might argue he was trying to make a point. If that was the case, he would have actually deleted his channel. Not when he reached 50 mil subs, not when he reached 100 mil subs. No, right then and there. At most, make an announcement on Twitter, Facebook, etc.

He would have said his farewells, maybe told people to download his videos and reupload them if they wanted to. Maybe he would have backed up his videos on an external hard drive, or something, and then deleted his channel. That would have sent a message to Youtube. "Fix your shit, or no more content creators".

So PewDiePie was like "if I hit 50 mil subs, I'mma delete my channel cause screw Youtube". Everyone believed him, the news, the internet, everyone. I get the feeling that final mil he got was from haters who wanted to see him gone. Whelp he reached 50 mil, aaaaaaaand nothing. Well he did delete a channel he did create. A troll/backup channel. So technically he wasn't lying. I can't believe everyone fell for it. The whole "reach 50 mil subs" thing was just him being greedy. Some might argue he was trying to make a point. If that was the case, he would have actually deleted his channel. Not when he reached 50 mil subs, not when he reached 100 mil subs. No, right then and there. At most, make an announcement on Twitter, Facebook, etc.

He would have said his farewells, maybe told people to download his videos and reupload them if they wanted to. Maybe he would have backed up his videos on an external hard drive, or something, and then deleted his channel. That would have sent a message to Youtube. "Fix your shit, or no more content creators".

I don't think anyone honestly thought he'd delete his main channel, especially considering the fact that he didn't specify which channel he'd delete

the name's riley

Main channel or not, this is EXTREMELY fucking greedy, what the fuck. >.> I can't believe this actually came out of his mouth.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

I laugh at the misery of the poor, stupid fucks that actually thought he would go through with it. Pewds lives lile a king, I'm sure, and willingly giving that up isn't something many people would do.

This random YouTuber is getting laid with random hot dudes, and is basically the worst person in existence. Why? Just watch the free video.

Red and yellow do go together.

Please don't ruin people's experience/fun by hacking in a multiplayer game. If you're going to cheat/hack, do it in a single player game. Also, if people aren't happy about it, please don't encourage the hacker to continue, especially out of spite.

If you're going to bring hangers to your local drycleaners, please don't use plastic ties. In fact, no matter what you're doing, never use plastic ties.

Main channel or not, this is EXTREMELY fucking greedy, what the fuck. >.> I can't believe this actually came out of his mouth.

I was unaware not throwing away your entire career over a harmless joke was greedy.

Please don't ruin people's experience/fun by hacking in a multiplayer game. If you're going to cheat/hack, do it in a single player game. Also, if people aren't happy about it, please don't encourage the hacker to continue, especially out of spite.

Speaking of which, games that don't punish cheaters well enough

My friend got banned from Dark Souls 3 for running a script that only activates Bloodborne's gestures (which are already in the game's files)

Meanwhile I ran in to this guy the other day and he's still at it.

t9VmXtS5q6c

the name's riley

BLESSED KYNARETH I'M BACK ONLINE.

Thanks to an unholy alliance betwixt TalkTalk (i.e. the world's most incompetent internet provider) and this plane of existences most malignant OS whose name we hardly dare pronounce (if by some freak chance you don't know what I'm referring to, I'm naturally talking about Windows 10) I've been without any kind of internet access for the last nine days. Bare in mind I haven't done anything different to my computer prior to that, I didn't willingly update anything, receive any viruses, changed providers or modems or anything like that. If I didn't spend so much time looking after my little cousins or consoling myself with Skyrim I might of been rendered irretrievably insane.

Something has happened in my brain to turn utterly biased against Windows 10. I cannot conceive of or accept any kind of reasonable criticism or adaptation to it. I don't even feel especially angry about the OS. It's obviously not meant to be witnessed or utilized by human beings. For all I know Windows 10 might actually be an amazing OS. But because I'm not a sapient mass of tentacles from the Far Realms, I get the feeling that a simple hominid like me isn't it's intended user. I'm sorry everyone. Once I've calmed down I'll try to post something less tumour-inducing. I have some ideas for threads I've been somewhat desperate to post for your perusal. I should have some time in the week to do those, assuming my computer doesn't simplt decide to become a chitinous eyeball monster and devour me whilst I sleep.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

♪♫ So this is Christmas,

And what have you done?

My name is Mark Chapman

And I have a gun... ♪♫

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

FUCK ME SIDEWAYS I CAN'T CATCH A FUCKING BREAK! SO I HAD THIS FUCKING COMPUTER FOR A FUCKING MONTH WHEN OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE I HEAR A LOUD POPING SOUND FOLLOED BY MY FUCKING COMPUTER SHUTTING DOWN! FUCK ME! AND OF COURSE, IT WONT FUCKING TURN ON, LIKE I WAS EXPECTING ANYTHING ELSE!

tumblr_ld1b2lorjV1qavd3x.gif~c200

^

feel-them-jhonny.png

I'm just about done with technology this month too Ninja. For some unquantifiable reason almost everything in my house decided to break or otherwise arbitrarily stop working, presumably because all the inanimate objects in my home have become sapient and did so out of sheer existential boredom. My internet only started working again a couple of days ago despite having a new router sent to me and even a TalkTalk engineer having looked at my connections. It still doesn't feel or function the way it used to.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

^

feel-them-jhonny.png

For some unquantifiable reason almost everything in my house decided to break or otherwise arbitrarily stop working, presumably because all the inanimate objects in my home have become sapient and did so out of sheer existential boredom.

b0Bt0lkpV_U

BLESSED KYNARETH I'M BACK ONLINE.

Thanks to an unholy alliance betwixt TalkTalk (i.e. the world's most incompetent internet provider) and this plane of existences most malignant OS whose name we hardly dare pronounce (if by some freak chance you don't know what I'm referring to, I'm naturally talking about Windows 10) I've been without any kind of internet access for the last nine days. Bare in mind I haven't done anything different to my computer prior to that, I didn't willingly update anything, receive any viruses, changed providers or modems or anything like that. If I didn't spend so much time looking after my little cousins or consoling myself with Skyrim I might of been rendered irretrievably insane.

Something has happened in my brain to turn utterly biased against Windows 10. I cannot conceive of or accept any kind of reasonable criticism or adaptation to it. I don't even feel especially angry about the OS. It's obviously not meant to be witnessed or utilized by human beings. For all I know Windows 10 might actually be an amazing OS. But because I'm not a sapient mass of tentacles from the Far Realms, I get the feeling that a simple hominid like me isn't it's intended user. I'm sorry everyone. Once I've calmed down I'll try to post something less tumour-inducing. I have some ideas for threads I've been somewhat desperate to post for your perusal. I should have some time in the week to do those, assuming my computer doesn't simplt decide to become a chitinous eyeball monster and devour me whilst I sleep.

Selfsurprise, you are friggin' awesome. I wish I could write with that same kind of creativity as you.

OT: I want to rant about a specific person who is probably my nemesis, and who has managed to get this title without ever even saying a word to me. However, the overwhelming feelings of helplessness, sadness, and pure hate I feel whenever I think about that person would really ruin my mood.

Selfsurprise, you are friggin' awesome. I wish I could write with that same kind of creativity as you.

OT: I want to rant about a specific person who is probably my nemesis, and who has managed to get this title without ever even saying a word to me. However, the overwhelming feelings of helplessness, sadness, and pure hate I feel whenever I think about that person would really ruin my mood.

Thanks man! I worry that my verbose ranting grates on people's nerve, because I hate the idea of posting something for folks to read without even attempting to make it funny or irreverent. Maybe I've just been doing too much of it lately. But I'm glad someone got a kick out of one of my Lovecraft protagonist-esque diatribes against life. I'm "blessed" with the ability to turn my hand at wordsmithery whilst in a foul mood.

For what my sincere but ultimately useless empathy is worth I'm sorry to hear about your problems dealing with an arsehole, I respect your choice not to talk about it but if you change your mind and instead endeavour to pour your unutterable scorn onto the individual go right ahead. In the meantime, I hope a swarm of taxonomically unclassifiable lifeforms invade his digestive system and slowly gnaw his intestines from within, resulting in an agonizing death from the inside-out.

MERRY HATEMAS

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Good news! I got my computer running again! Bad news! For some unknown reason, it's not recognizing my CD Drive. I'm 99% certain I have it plugged in correctly.