General Chat

Hey, at least you have the cajones to ask a girl out. There are like 7 girls I could list who have shown interest in me and I keep giving myself excuses as to why I can't go out with her.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I have no idea if I would be good at dating.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

All I know is, while pleasing, this intimidates me:

HappyGirl-WhiteFlower.jpg

And this forces me into comforting mode (i.e. Friend Zone)

Sad-Girl+%25281%2529.jpg

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

But it's like ridonculously difficults. And you're talking about the guy who's had a grand total of 1 girlfriend, and that was in Middle School, so it hardly even counts. So yea, I don't know. People might even think I'm gay for all I know.

I don't even know what that's supposed to mean. Maybe you're just a stuck up snob or something, but I find it much more comfortable during the hot, humid-as-fuck Delaware summers to go shirtless as much as I can. How this makes me gay I do not understand. Unless you're implying I'm like an A+F model, in which case I would be both flattered and angry.

No, don't stop bugging me. I'm so bored and I need more ways to put off my school work so Tuesday Zach can handle it.

*dodges thrown object*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaa *thud*

I have a friend who suggested vulturing, waiting for relationships to crumble while I lay wait in the friend zone, and while it is a valid tactic it's a little douchey for me. Also the girl she suggested I saw again today and realized she may or may not hate me and she has both aspergers and possibly an eating disorder. I'll pass.

Though a different friend made a joke about how all our friends were pairing up ("friendcest") and jokingly pointed to me and the only other single person there, a mousy new girl who I have had one conversation with. I can't decide whether to go for it, and I can't figure out what she thinks of me (on part of being mousy and all).

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"

it's a little douchey for me... she has both aspergers and possibly an eating disorder. I'll pass.

C'mon man. I know I'm shallow as far as appearance is concerned, but if she has a pretty face, that's the kind of girl I love to at least be good friends with. I like to help people out, especially with problems like that. My next door neighbor James had asperger's when he moved here. I was kind to him and we hung out a lot and now everybody at his school likes him and he is by no means an awkward guy. As far as eating disorders are concerned, if it's bolemia, you just have to always tell her she looks beautiful so she doesn't feel making herself thinner is better.

Though a different friend made a joke about how all our friends were pairing up ("friendcest") and jokingly pointed to me and the only other single person there, a mousy new girl who I have had one conversation with. I can't decide whether to go for it, and I can't figure out what she thinks of me (on part of being mousy and all).

I'm going to assume by "mousey", you mean "shy". Funny thing is, there's this one chick I know who I originally thought was "mousey", but after getting to know her more, she turned out to be incredibly hyper and perky when she's not in a public place. It's all in the setting, dude. Catch her in a more private place and she'll likely be way easier to talk to.

Can verify Chuck's position amd advice, as girls are typically like that for me too. Like that one girl Phyllis I told you guys about a while ago. I was around her in a small group and she, who normally just sits and pays attention in class, looking beautiful as anything, has a thing for singing, and oh my god her singing is incredible.

That's kinda oddly coincidental, because the shy chick I was just talking about is one of the best singers I've ever heard. She sounds like goddamn Taylor Swift, but minus the autotune. She hates singing in public, though, so it further illustrates the advantage of getting to know shy girls.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

it's a little douchey for me... she has both aspergers and possibly an eating disorder. I'll pass.

C'mon man. I know I'm shallow as far as appearance is concerned, but if she has a pretty face, that's the kind of girl I love to at least be good friends with. I like to help people out, especially with problems like that. My next door neighbor James had asperger's when he moved here. I was kind to him and we hung out a lot and now everybody at his school likes him and he is by no means an awkward guy. As far as eating disorders are concerned, if it's bolemia, you just have to always tell her she looks beautiful so she doesn't feel making herself thinner is better.

Appearance is very minor to me, but it still counts. As for my seemingly hypocritical statement, well, she's still my friend, but I think it'd be a little too stressful to be in an actual relationship, especially my first serious one. I also didn't mention she has no interest in me so far as I can tell, and probably no interest in a boyfriend. And hey, I just told you how I asked out a girl who had agoraphobia.

And hey, just because the first girl I asked out had breasts so large they gave her back problems doesn't mean I'm shallow. I swear it was unrelated.

And @Chuck, don't worry, I am used to dealing with mous(e)y girls. Most of them end up having boyfriends.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"

I'm just giving you a hard time Shiny. After all, you, unlike Chuck, were there when we fought off the robot horde.

Yeah, I wish I actually had the balls to ask a girl out. Once I decide that I'm interested in a girl and want to go out with her, I become crazy awkward and it's much harder for me to start and continue conversations with her. When I'm with any other girl who I might not even have interest in, I realize later that my flirting was off-the-charts, when it's really just the way I carry myself and talk to others makes it seem like I'm flirting I guess. Like the other day, I was talking to one friend of mine and we ended up walking out of school together. When we got to her car, I realized "Wait, I just walked her out here... I hope she doesn't think-"

Then she, having no idea what my plans were, offers me a ride to the library, where she works. I realized kinda what the offer was implying and simply said "No, I think I'll just head down Main St."

I dunno. Maybe I give myself too much credit and girls are just generally nice to guys...

Nope, couldn't keep a straight face. Oh well. It's all whatever.

What shiny said. You just need to get better at FPS in general. It's that genre that you only really like when you're somewhat decent at it (and you aren't getting shat on by Epsilon's Godmode Pyro)