General Chat

So frustrating, Chuck. You need to unerstand the essence of casual gaming. Playing games doesn't always mean getting absorbed into the storyline. Sometimes it's just better to sit down and play according to the game's objective and think only of the tactics of combat and strategic advantages you can recieve with the particular skill-set you have at your disposal, all while bullets are whizzing and explosions are going off and the chase is on, so many people after your ass and you, heart almost racing, have to duck and weave and use the terrain to your advantage in order to either escape alive or emerge from the scrap victorious and ready to fight another battle.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I getcha. I'm just the kind of guy who will play any (good) FPS and enjoy it. They all have different elements to them that make me love them in different ways. I love TF2 for the element of always having to know how you match up against this guy and whether you should clip him for some damage and get out of dodge so you can come back from a different angle, engage him and go for the kill, or just leave him alone and go for someone else.

I enjoy Battlefield 3 for it's "Holy shit, there's a bigass fucking war going on right now" element. You'll find that while 6 of your team's 32 people are focused on this squad holding down a hallway, another 10 are busy trying to push onto the point, and then 16 more could be anywhere, trying something else. So it's that cumulative effort from the entire team that wins the game, even if you didn't see what they did to help.

I enjoy Tribes for it's unique movement and fast-paced play, where even if you have half the healt of this mammoth guy, you can still take him down if your aim is good and you're moving fast enough.

So, for me, FPS isn't a question of how I DON'T like a game. It's always about the aspects of the game that I enjoy or that make it unique. As long as it's a well-made game, I can typically find time to enjoy it *cough*Opposing Force Multiplayer is amazing!*cough*

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I used to play TF2 a ton, the last time I really got into playing it was when MvM came out. Since then, the Halloween thing is out and I just don't care as much. All the people on my friends list tell me I'm insane but that's just my opinion. It's not so much I don't find it enjoyable, I just played it soo much that I eventually got burnt out. Plus, having to wait hours(exaggeration) to launch the game and load it is a pain for me with ANY PC game, but TF2 takes that times 11.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I'm the type of guy who has different moods for different types of games. One day, I'll just want to shit all over people, so I pick Blacklight or Battlefield. Another day, I might feel like strategizing with friends. TF2. Another day I might want to just dick around. TF2 Prop Hunt, Saxton Hale, etc. Or Opposing Force. And even ANOTHER day, I might want to just watch hordes of NPC's get blown apart and watch limbs fly and heads explode, where I would play Killing Floor. And finally, I might want a game with a high skill-ceiling that will challenge me, So I'd take Tribes.

I'm the type of guy who has different moods for different types of games. One day, I'll just want to shit all over people, so I pick Blacklight or Battlefield. Another day, I might feel like strategizing with friends. TF2. Another day I might want to just dick around. TF2 Prop Hunt, Saxton Hale, etc. Or Opposing Force. And even ANOTHER day, I might want to just watch hordes of NPC's get blown apart and watch limbs fly and heads explode, where I would play Killing Floor. And finally, I might want a game with a high skill-ceiling that will challenge me, So I'd take Tribes.

I have the same, but also with music, movies and books.

Some of them are really a part of a ritual of mine like at winter I listen to different music than summer, May is a month to play games such as Fable, Gothic 3, Oblivion, July is for Deus Ex, Kotor 1, September and late October is for Morrowing or Planescape Torment. I would never play any of these games at any different time, because it would destroy the whole magic.

At winter I listen to more Led Zeppelin, more Linking Park, at summer Midnight Oil, Nick Cave and stuff like that.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

For me, it's not so much music (and I hardly read anymore out of interest, especially after my FanFiction group of friends disbanding and breaking apart, mostly because of me and another girl). I enjoy calm and easy music and hard techno and alternative in moderation with each other, almost half and half, which is why I LOVE Collective Soul, because they have so much variety and they do it all very well.

I'm a man of many things... whenever someone asks me about my fav music, game, anything, I can't answer straight.

A lot of people I know disliked TF2 because of the lack of ADS. That might have something to do with it. Others hate how playing is meant to be semi-serious and you should play to win, even though the game itself is silly and funny.

I love it. I fell in love with the style, cartoon-like graphics and the humour. And the characters. This game has got something what is really hard to seek, every single character is NUTS. They are all insane. I love it. Everyone has a good back story, plot, dialogues, voices, desing, everything. And most of all, it's fun to play, right? Hats.

Scout's Insanity: He's egotistical and finds himself much more important than he actually is.

Soldier's Insanity: He's a sociopath, has no desire other than to kill and doesn't understand how to actually interact with humans other than breaking their spines.

Pyro's Insanity: ...He lives in an alternate reality.

Demo's Insanity: Huge arson. Major interest in explosives and incredibly dangerous things, also an alcoholic.

Heavy's Insanity: Just a pure, unparalleled desire to kill.

Engineer: obsession with building mechanisms of death and putting his intelligence to said causes.

Medic: Obsession with human anatomy and body mechanics to the point of psychotic experimentation with very unethical standards.

Sniper: ...I think he might actually be sane. He's simply a professional assassin. His only problem is his lack of facial hair.

Spy: Preys on lies and deceit and kills those who have learned to trust him.

Scout's Insanity: He's egotistical and finds himself much more important than he actually is.

Soldier's Insanity: He's a sociopath, has no desire other than to kill and doesn't understand how to actually interact with humans other than breaking their spines.

Pyro's Insanity: ...He lives in an alternate reality.

Demo's Insanity: Huge arson. Major interest in explosives and incredibly dangerous things, also an alcoholic.

Heavy's Insanity: Just a pure, unparalleled desire to kill.

Engineer: obsession with building mechanisms of death and putting his intelligence to said causes.

Medic: Obsession with human anatomy and body mechanics to the point of psychotic experimentation with very unethical standards.

Sniper: ...I think he might actually be sane. He's simply a professional assassin. His only problem is his lack of facial hair.

Spy: Preys on lies and deceit and kills those who have learned to trust him.

^ this and even more, but I'll post it tomorrow. Goodnight everyone.

I love it. I fell in love with the style, cartoon-like graphics and the humour. And the characters. This game has got something what is really hard to seek, every single character is NUTS. They are all insane. I love it. Everyone has a good back story, plot, dialogues, voices, desing, everything. And most of all, it's fun to play, right? Hats.

I never disliked the style or the characters. I love them and I really enjoyed the videos about them. It was actually the reason I wanted to play TF2 in the first place.

I just didn't like the gameplay. I could never get into it and it sort of turned me off team-based shooters for good almost. I also don't feel like the gameplay really lets the characters act out in any way. You just pick a team role basically and it feels way too restrictive for me, especially when you're limited to a couple of guns that barely do any damage at all and are just frustrating to use. It just feels really weird and I can never get used to it and I dunno... just not my cup of tea. No, it's not fun to play for me.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com