General Chat

What is that? A dimensional portal? Bravo to you sir for having the huevos to make one of those. You do realize they give anyone in a one-mile radius Super Cancer and all people within a five-mile radius Super AIDS, anyone in a ten-mile radius gets incapacitating diarrhea, don't you? So good luck convincing Bill to take it...

No,no flutershy you are thinking of the mark-1 model that is clearly the mark-3 it's only effects is that it is a one way trip, no way of knowing where your going, and gives every man in 5 miles the strong desire to dance. The last effect is still under testing as to what stiles and tempos the dancing will be, and if it can be used as a way to predict the location at the other end of the portal.

non-euclidean fuck machine

Well what do you think powers the portal

I still wonder what happened to Dr. Breen. Did he get like... dematerialized in the portal or something?

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Well unless the Gman yanked him out of the fray along with Gordon, I'm assuming the explosion got him, since it was strong enough to take off, what, the whole upper third of the citadel?

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

People have made the theory that the portal teleported him and made him into an Advisor. But until Valve decides to expand on that sometime within the next century, we don't know.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

People have made the theory that the portal teleported him and made him into an Advisor. But until Valve decides to expand on that sometime within the next century, we don't know.

They cybernetically copied his brain and imprinted the data onto a blank Advisor body, and let the real Breen die.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I don't think the Combine would care so much about him that they would save his brain and place it in an Advisor. He was just a figurehead to them, and since he failed in that role quite spectacularly, I don't see why they would even bother.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

Well, the only real evidence to the Advisor theory is the one line from Breen talking to an Advisor basically ssying, "But are you sure tha-- Alright dammit I'll do it, they're right behind me!"

On the other hand, that could just refer to that particularly dangerous elevator to the portal itself, which could have teleported him to another world/galaxy/universe for all we know.

But what you forget is that it was a combine teleporter, one that was stopped from working perfectly. The last time that happened it worked but as a slow teleport. So with Breen it would be a very, very slow teleport, in fact it might be so slow that he would spend hundreds if not thousands of years in the teleport. He would have a lot of time to think and come up with ideas, powerful ideas, and the power to act on them. He might not look the same as before, he might make himself look like he did 20 years ago. But it would no be 100% the same, his face and eyes might not be right, and all that time alone talking to himself might make his speech patterns a bit off. After all the right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world, and never has a man been in a more wrong place than he.

non-euclidean fuck machine

Good thinking, Felix. But if Breen's teleport was somehow slower, he wouldn't be aware of the time he spent in it. Alyx's, and Gordon's transition was seamless, they had no idea they were gone for so long; it seemed instant. So, if Breen did survive, he'd most likely come out as much of an ass-hat as when he went in.

Good thinking, Felix. But if Breen's teleport was somehow slower, he wouldn't be aware of the time he spent in it. Alyx's, and Gordon's transition was seamless, they had no idea they were gone for so long; it seemed instant. So, if Breen did survive, he'd most likely come out as much of an ass-hat as when he went in.

Bill y u no on Steam

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I bought Mass Effect 2, and I've been absolutely engrossed in it. Such a wonderful game.

83058_-_Discord_animated_excellent_go_on_proceed.gif

Now play 1 and 3. Then stop right before the end of 3 and go read some fanfictions or something.

Well, the only real evidence to the Advisor theory is the one line from Breen talking to an Advisor basically ssying, "But are you sure tha-- Alright dammit I'll do it, they're right behind me!"

On the other hand, that could just refer to that particularly dangerous elevator to the portal itself, which could have teleported him to another world/galaxy/universe for all we know.

Don't forget, he also used the term "host body".

I've only played Mass Effect 2, and I am perfectly okay with that. All the things that people were complaining about in ME2 that weren't in ME1 were all the things I like and all the things they added to ME3 that people loved were things I don't want.

Which definitely makes you a more action-style gamer. ME1 was considered an RPG with action elements. ME2 was considered an Action Game with RPG elements. ME3 was middle of the road (maybe a little to the ME2 side)

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Okay, I just need to type this out somewhere but vent is mostly for angry people and it's not random enough for random.

Here is what happened tonight with a girl (not one I've mentioned before) who had been what I interpretted as overly nice. She and her roommate held a board game night for our little gang of friends, and everyone left but her and I (her roommate was sleeping) and we decided to play L4D2 co-op. This is what happened when we were done, with internal monologue.

(random chit-chat about the round, me getting my stuff together to leave)

Her: So just walk down Main St. at a left, the same road we went down to get to the store, just the other direction and it should take you to campus

C'mon man, you gotta ask her, keep the conversation going

Me: Why aren't you ever at our lunch table?

Her: I don't go on campus much, I... just don't.

Me: Why?

Her: Well, do you know what Agoraphobia is?

Crap, how can I go out with someone who doesn't go out?

Me: Oh, that explains a lot.

Her: Yeah, I don't show up except for classes.

Me: That explains why you have so many cookbooks, you can't go out to eat.

*facepalm*

Her: No, I do go out, I just usually need someone with me or something.

Well, I'm never gonna get a better opportunity than that.

Me: Well, I been meaning to ask you, maybe you'd want to go out with me?

Her: Like, to hang out?

Me: Like a date.

Her: I'm sorry, I have a boyfriend

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Me: What!? How is this the first time I'm hearing about this? I'm usually very careful to research this sort of thing. And I did.

Her: Well, we've been going out for 3 years (WTF) and we broke up kind of, but we got back together last weekend (Of course). I think I've only told [roommate] and [friend].

Me: Well, okay, I guess then I didn't have any way of knowing.

Her: You're really nice though and I'd totally date you if I didn't have a boyfriend.

I think I trust the sincerity in your voice.

We then proceeded to list off mutual friends who were single and female (she suggested one who I would never consider since she's pretty much River Tam with too much caffeine, including speaking fluent Chinese), and had a long random chat about random stuff before I walked back to my computer.

It sucks, but for some reason I'm not nearly as bummed out as I was the last 2 times a girl said no.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"