Your Favorite Source Mod?

Source_engine_logo_svg.png

So what are your favorite source mods? What do you enjoy about them, is it the game play or the community? Make a list of your favorite source mods and tell everyone why. It can be any mod using the Valve Source engine. For my list I would have to pick out three:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

- Battlegrounds: Set in the American revolutionary war you can either play as British or American colonial troops. Its a slow passed game, mainly because of the guns, but still endless fun, and I enjoy the line battles oh so very much. Tho, I wish there were some Australia servers, my ping is mightily high for you Westerners.

- Zombie Master: What is not to love about this game. You have two options, one to become the zombie master and take control of traps and zombies to inflict much pain and pissing off to the human players. Second, become a human survivor and fight your way to freedom praying some zombie doesn't rape the crap out of you. Endless stupid fun with some mates or just some random players on the sexy internet.

- World War 1 Source: Another awesome FPS, something much different from Call of Duty or Battlefield and also counter strike. Set in of course the first world war, its a pretty much kill or be killed game, team work is a key feature and pays off rather well. Even tho there isn't a large range of weapons that still doesn't become a issue, I have endless fun gassing or blowing the crap out of my enemies as an officer or using the machine to mow down fellow players. It also still being developed and worked on, so much more to come.

I remember playing one called Suicide Survival which was hilarious. It was a case of plant pots versus gardeners, in a massive garden area filled with many normal plant pots...and the player-plants can explode.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Eternal Silence

NeoTokyo

SMOD

CSS Sci-fi 2 (the one that uses SMOD)

Any mod I make myself... (had a few awesome ones for the pre-ep1 patch, but they didn't work even with the normal fixes, so I deleted them... Wish I hadn't)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Gmod: for obvious reasons.

Day Hard: Funny story and challenging gameplay, you are Morgan Freeman (not the actor),the unknown brother of Gordon Freeman,at the day Earth surrended,hell broke loose since the combine was really violent with most survivors,since you tried to escape with some crazy guys with weapons the combine is now after you,what will you do?(right now im trying to find a version thats working,the one i found brake when you try to visit a gun-shop)

Black Mesa (not out yet):Half-Life 1 with improved graphics = Epicness

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

Garry's Mod isn't really a Source Mod anymore, it's a stand-alone game now.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Garry's Mod isn't really a Source Mod anymore, it's a stand-alone game now.

As long as it keeps named "Garry's Mod" i will consider it a mod

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

Combine Destiny, Rock 24, and Minerva for me. Coastline to Atmosphere was also pretty nice for a while, but there were a few things that took away from it for me (like enemies just coming at you in waves, but without any ammo nearby) and the ending was just...weird (I won't spoil it for those who may want to play it), not to mention glitchy. Nevertheless CTA was a pretty sweet play through, and pretty long too, as it was just as long as Episode One and perhaps longer.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

I used to be really into Zombie Panic Source. I was pretty close with this one "clan" or whatever you call it and I used to play on their server everyday. I also used to play Resistance & Liberation back in its hayday. I joined the team a while after Alpha 4 to see if I could do some animation work but momentum slowed and I lost interest. Dear Esther, 1187, Nightmare House, and Korsakovia are some pretty cool sort of obscure little single player mods I enjoyed.

battle grounds 2 FTW!!! that mods awesome... if only we could have cavalry... thats one of the reasons why many people left 2 warband....

anyways, if anyone here wants 2 know + about it go 2 the obscure PC games section.... and if thats not enough, add

|47th|Pte.R.Santi Koach[1st]

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

Research & Development probably is up there for me.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I'd have to say MINERVA was my favourite, but I'd be an injustice not to include Research & Development and Underhell (what there is of it that has been released so far!)