Share your (physical) pain and misery!

I slipped out of her grasp and landed on my head! XD

That explains a lot...

JK :lol:

I've slapped you once already today. XD Can't exceed my daily slap quota limit. XP

OT: My lower back has been kiiiillling me lately. It legit feels like I'm 8 months pregnant or some shit. XD It's not fun! Especially when I'm up and trying to do some work around the house. :(

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Chiropractors fix that kind of problem quite well, but they can be expensive. I need to see one sometime soon to fix my back. (it's curling more than it should)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Here's one:

When I was real young. (I think 7 or 8. I'm not good with putting ages to my memories. I can't even remember how old I was when I had my bladder surgery and that's a pretty major event.) I was bit by my dog so bad that I had to go to the hospital. It was on the arm but the bite was so deep and it was bleeding so badly my parents were afraid that the dog hit an artery. Thankfully that wasn't the case but my arm was stitched up real good and even put in a cast for several months. No broken bones but they couldn't risk any movement opening it up again even with the stitches.

I don't remember the pain at all but I know it was excruciatingly painful at the time. Funny how that works.

I also got two stories about nearly losing an eye but I'll save that for other posts. :P

Retired Forum Moderator

I once tried to open a glowstick, but decided to do it the worst way possible... (this was out in the middle of nowhere, on the side of a mountain, in a forest) As I was slicing it, the liquid crystal sprayed into my right eye. Had to rinse my eye with water from my canteen, and that water was not the of the highest quality. I think that may have caused permanent damage to that eye, as both eyes were perfect before, but ever since, my right eye gets a terribly blurry image past 20 feet. (it's been more than a decade since this happened)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Being a girl means that not only do you get pain from cramps and just sensitive areas in general, but there are moments where you hurt for no good fucking reason. It's funny to see, not funny to experience. XD I was walking with my (girl)friend, back to school from the shops and she suddenly grabbed onto her friend's arm and hunched over. It was like, a fucking death grip, I swear it looked like she was going into labour. XD And that's a great way to describe those random pains.

Just walking down my hallway, then suddenly pain from fucking hell, like... 500 contractions and cramps in the span of one concentrated minute. I almost fell over, and it's a miracle that I managed to get to my bed without having to retreat to the floor. XD I had these random pains in my graphics class once too, and that was fucking horrible. I went to get something from the printer and I just stopped and hunched over a desk for a minute. I don't even know how to describe the pain, or even its location. It just HURTS. IT'S SO UNFAIR!! *groans*

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

So working at blizzcon I made a bad motion with my leg and royally fucked up my left I knee. It was so bad that bending it even now makes it audibly pop consistently and I can't walk for very long without it locking up almost completely. I still have today to do so I'm showing up for my shift loaded with ibuprofen and a knee brace. This is gonna be a long 9 hours. The brace really helps with the pain when walking by not letting me twist my knee at all but who knows how long that's gonna last.

Retired Forum Moderator

@Rarity: How on Earth did you manage to do that? o.O Well, I hope it gets better... ^_^

OT: Random nose bleeds are random and annoying. Always come at the worst time too. X3 On a Skype call with my boyfriend and his best mate, wonderful timing. -_-

-------

I recall a year or two ago

I was chatting on facebook with my girlfriend at the time and had to sneeze, when i did I noticed that I was bleeding out me nose, I panicked and went to the bathroom and put my head between my legs for 20 minutes, it stopped the bleeding but it freaked me out

I guess why thats why i always scream like jim carrey when he gets hurt (OWWWWWWWWWWWIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE) when i sneeze i scream like that, but i digress

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

@Rarity: How on Earth did you manage to do that? o.O Well, I hope it gets better... ^_^

I was lifting some heavy boxes and as I was standing up I turned at the same time and people near me said even they heard the pop. To make matters worse I went and dislocated it Sunday with a simple twist of the knee. Guess it was really bad off after the first injury O_o Been in a brace since.

Retired Forum Moderator

I've been punching walls these past few months, just to vent out my anger. I had to stop after my hands started aching like mad, and I couldn't hold a drumstick without wincing. My hands are doing okay now.

Welp, now what?

I once punched a cupboard, must have cracked a bone in my knuckle. That wasn't nice... But it taught me a lesson... :D

Regards

Holy shit. If I'm not here tomorrow, presume I'm dead. Holy crap. I've NEVER felt this sick before. I shouldn't have to sit down on the kitchen floor because I almost fainted. Neither should I be almost vomiting for no bloody reason. It feels like my head is constantly stabbing itself. And I've learnt my lesson; Don't walk around. I've been asleep for the whole freaking day, hoping I'll get better, but it really hurts... And wow, what's worse? Exam tomorrow... Need to study tonight... Work in the afternoon tomorrow. Holy shit. I've barely touched my phone today, mainly because the screen hurts to look at. I just want to feel better... It's killing meeee...

-------

I hope you forgive me for posting more than one story

Probably best one i have didnt happen to me, but to one of my friends. Namely, he broke his leg in very interesting way (wasnt there, but heard from many witnesses)- he jumped out of schools second story (i guess it is equal to first floor to americans? like ground floor & first floor?) window.... twice. Namely, he did it first time as a bet. All good. After he did it, someone said "i didnt see it"- not related to bet, but wanting to impress most people possible i guess, he jumped again. *snap* He wore a cast for few months and to make it better it was just when weather started to get warm, so he missed like half the warm season.

As for my personal injuries, i've had a few. Had my thumb on right hand broken when i slipped and fell on iron pole thumb-first when sledging in 4th grade (~10 years old).

Then i had my left eyebrow cracked open (required 5 stitches) around same age, though after thumb injury. Namely, i was playing a game with my brother (dont know the games name in english, but one player is blindfolded and has to catch someone else- i was blindfolded in this case). So i was chasing him, he used a scarf to distract me. As so it happened, we played in room with stone heatwall with sitting area connected to it (all made out of stone, cant explain it better) and it had our summer shoes next to it. So after one distraction, i rushed forward, stumbled upon shoes and hit the edge of that sitting area i mentioned. Seeing how much blood was flowing, i think i fell into bit of a shock and i remember thinking and saying im gonna die. Naturally i was overreacting, but still it had to be stitched.. wasnt fun.

Also, i remember when i was like 13-14 or so and wanted to go for swimming. The road i had to take went downhill and had deep cracks in them (been long fixed since then), but me being overconfident about my biking abilities, went on full speed. And of course, i ended up with wheels in one of those cracks (they went parallel with road) creating rail effect and it pulled bike from under me. As i wore long pants, it only resulted in minor bleeding. But thats not all- after stopping the bleeding and changing for shorts (not cool having bloodstained pants), i decided to go to swim anyways. Again, i crashed in EXACT SAME SPOT. Full speed of course. This time i knocked same knee out rather badly and it ended my fun for that day. Week or so later, after wound had healed. Decided to go swimming again. Same route, same speed, same bloody crack. After that it took year or so until i dared to rush in that place.

Last one im gonna share atm is also related to biking. It was only 4-5 years ago. Winter time, snowy & icy street. Of course i decide to go to shop. On bike. So im off the bridge (same bridge thats in above story, as its in pretty much center of town) and taking steep turn. On smooth, strong plate of ice. Now, you may think that this is something i shouldnt do, well, maybe, but at the time i was very much used to these conditions. Everything was going fine, but as it happened, night was rather stormy and windy. And road being next to coast of river, thats where wind was its strongest. So exactly as i turned, huge blast of wind literally took bike from under me (fyi- when i turn on plain ice, i dont hold strong grip because i can prevent falling better that way). I aint joking, i felt like a cartoon character who only stays in air until looks down. I felt bike go bye-bye before i even started falling. Result- left wrist was painful for a week to the point i tought it was broken. It wasnt, but i think it was badly sprained.

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

I think I should name my hands "Rasputin" My hands have gone through a lot of damage, half of them from my stupidity. I even have a list of everything my hands went through so far, I can even rank them from worst to meh:

1 - Nearly lost my left ring finger from an infection four years ago. This one's the worst, and probably the grossest experience I had. How gross was it? Pus came out of that finger for a week!

2 - Accidentally smashed my right hand with a sledgehammer while renovating the house last year. I only lost a finger nail from my right hand, it took a month for it to grow it back.

3 - Dry, flaking skin. It's so bad, I could barely see my fingerprints now.

4 - Punched my hands through walls a lot lately, just to vent some anger.

5 - 2 cuts in my right thumb from a razor after a little shave the other day.

6 - Accidentally ran my left hand through a fan blade. Thankfully, it only left a small scar.

7 - Calloused my fingers from my guitar playing. (that i'm okay with)

Welp, now what?

So for about a month now I've suffered dizzyness though it's more accurate to describe it as vertigo. I'm generally feeling like I have reduced balance (feels like I'm constantly on a train or airplane) and my doctor thinks it might be a problem with my inner ear. God knows how I've gotten it.

It all happened after I was out shopping one day. I had slept like 6 hours that night, barely eaten anything and had a couple cups of coffee and I had an incident where my blood pressure dropped and I almost fainted. After a few days the dizzyness started setting in. I quit drinking coffee so that might have messed with my balance as dizzyness is listed as a common symptom of caffeine withdrawal.

I've been taking blood pressure medication for a while since i used to live a very unhealthy lifestyle (sedentary, lots of energy drinks and junk food etc.), so we also suspect it might be the meds causing the dizzyness. I've been off them for about 2 weeks now without any significant improvement.

This is really starting to worry me now... I hope I can find out what's causing it or at least how to fix it... my doctor mentioned taking some therapist sessions as there are exercises to get those tiny little crystals inside my inner ear back into place as vertigo can be caused by them being shifted around too much.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I hope the doc's recommendations work, Alyxx. That sounds like a right pain to be dealing with.

The damnedest thing happened with a buddy of mine today and I just have to ask around a little to see if anyone else has ever experienced something like this. Just to set the stage, my buddy - let's call him Greg - is a pretty stable guy. Seriously, under pressure and when things heat up, he's the guy you want around. He was in a pretty bad car accident once and didn't really do much more than yell a few bad words at the idiots who hit him and then, figuratively of course, just shrugged and walked away.

So, me and Greg was over at his place today, just hanging out. I was doing some leftover work and he was texting with a potentially special lady friend. Now, maybe I should mention a couple more things about Greg: He's very intelligent, very kind and slightly socially inept. Not in any major way, just a little bit off and don't always react to things the way you'd expect. Like today. Holy crap, like today. So, he was composing a message that was supposed to be really sweet. It actually was, but the wording unfortunately could be misconstrued as a rather nasty insult. So he sends it, reads it again and immediately sends off an apology and then Bizarre Central Network started their main broadcast for the day. She doesn't reply and he starts freaking out, but in a very Greg sort of way. He doesn't say anything, but his face becomes this rather fascinating high speed time lapse of the various stages of panic. Then he starts sweating profusely, like, I can see it. Then his eyes start glacing over and I get the distinct feeling he can't hear what I'm saying (which at this point amounts to various versions of "hey, dude, are you OK?"). He said later that his ears started ringing so bad he couldn't hear anything. And then he keels over. Literally, just sort of a hinge like motion centered around the waist, toppled over and fell out of the chair. At this point, I have to admit, I'm standing there like a moron, staring and wondering what fucking universe I just stepped into. A few seconds pass. Then he opens his eyes and looks around. And then does the Gregiest type of Greginess that Greg ever Greged. He stands up, shakes his head and says "I'm alright". And he seemed to be. No visible ill effects, no slurred speech, no racing pulse (yes, I checked), no hyper-ventilating, no decent aftermath of any visible kind. Eight hours later and I'm kind of questioning whether I imagined the whole thing. He just scoffed at the idea of calling a doctor and since there didn't seem to be any more drama forthcoming in the next three hours I was there (other than him getting mildly annoyed that I wouldn't stop bothering him about it - I think he was a bit embarrassed) I just kind of let it drop.

Have any of you ever experienced something like this? Should I be worried about him? Or should I just assume it never happened and it's me who's in need of a quiet room with padded walls?

He's just panicked and fainted, that's all.

Unless it starts happening again for no apparent reason - I'd say there is nothing wrong with him.

Regards

@Meelis13 :lol:

The road i had to take went downhill and had deep cracks in them (been long fixed since then), but me being overconfident about my biking abilities, went on full speed. And of course, i ended up with wheels in one of those cracks (they went parallel with road) creating rail effect and it pulled bike from under me. As i wore long pants, it only resulted in minor bleeding. But thats not all- after stopping the bleeding and changing for shorts (not cool having bloodstained pants), i decided to go to swim anyways. Again, i crashed in EXACT SAME SPOT. Full speed of course. This time i knocked same knee out rather badly and it ended my fun for that day. Week or so later, after wound had healed. Decided to go swimming again. Same route, same speed, same bloody crack.

It seems Estonia+bikes+knees = big disaster! Cause that same thing happened to me earlier this Summer! :D

Regards

He's just panicked and fainted, that's all.

Unless it starts happening again for no apparent reason - I'd say there is nothing wrong with him.

Regards

I guess. It was just so completely out of left field. I mean, I've stood beside the guy in a nasty bar brawl and the only panicky thing about him then was what he caused in anyone getting too close. But, I guess matters of the heart really do play in a league of their own.