End of March update

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Well I have some minor bad news. First, I ran into some complications with the next Game Dungeon and it's going to have to be delayed several days. My plan is to get it released shortly after the next videochat. Second, I received so many varied comments on the Robot Jobs video, I was going to create a followup video to that. Unfortunately the footage to that got screwed up, so I decided to scrap it. I'll try and address some of the bigger followup comments I had when I do the videochat on April 3, however.

Speaking of the videochat, if you have questions for the next videochat, you can post them in the comments below.

COMMENTS

Alright Ross here are my questions.

1. Do you have any plans to make sure that fixes are implemented for the civilization problems that you've addressed? Spreading ideas alone won't be enough to fix these issues and I highly doubt some of your viewers are congressmen in hiding either. I want to look at this as objectively and realistically as possible with nothing left unaccounted for. I admit I wasn't thinking about robots potentially destroying all of white collar labor until you mentioned it. But what can we actually do about these issues in general? The plans are there but whether or not we can put those plans into action is debatable at best.

2. What do you not like about cooking? Do you find it boring?

3. Have you considered hosting an Unreal Tournament 2004 Onslaught match? Like you I've sunk countless hours playing Unreal Tournament 2004 and would like to see what you've got. I can keep up with bots on Masterful difficulty.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Ross, silly question, but just curious. Being that you grew up in Virginia, what is your experience with guns? Did you grow up with guns at home or did you go shooting with any of your friends?

If I recall correctly, at some point you mentioned that the Game Dungeon wouldn't just focus on obscure games anymore (I believe it was in The Secret World). If I'm wrong about that then I guess you can ignore this question.

Does this mean we might get to see some of the more well known classic game titles?

Titles like Quake, Doom, Fallout, Unreal, Duke Nukem, Dungeon Keeper etc. Even though those titles are quite well known, I would still love to see a few of those :D

Well i've been meaning to ask these on the past videochats so....

1. How did you start being aware about peak oil?

2. Do you have plans on doing something similar to Galaxy Gulp for Unreal?

3. Do you still keep in touch with the other Mind makers like Ian Riley, Robin Darnell, Jared O'Brien etc.?

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Welp, now what?

Hey Ross, I have a few questions for ya

1. In your bip bop 2 review you talk about a short film, which is where the close up of the screaming person is from, have you tried to uncover that as well? I'd love to see it.

2. what emulators do you use for older games/newer games ( DosBox, mame, etc.)

3. As a musician I enjoy audio technica microphones for vocal recording along with certain instruments, what types of equipment do prefer using for recording your videos?

What are your thoughts on modern web design? I feel like websites are getting too heavy these days with tons of Javascript for no reason, and I feel like it's kind of slowing down the development of the internet.

Have you played Ori and the Blind Forest? If not, its expansion is about to come to PC, and if you like metroidvanias I'd highly recommend it.

1. Could you describe why you appreciate Slayer?

2. Have you considered getting custom music made for any of your videos? Are there plans for it with the movie?

1. What's the best city you've lived in?

2. What's the worst city you've lived in? (it's LA, isn't it?)

1. Ross, I remember you stated that you won't reveal your fans games that you wanna play, so they wouldn't send you million copies of them.

What do you think about making a section on your website with list of games, that you already own.

Or you can give your fans a link to your steam profile, so they could see, what games are you currently owning.

1. Ross, I remember you stated that you won't reveal your fans games that you wanna play, so they wouldn't send you million copies of them.

What do you think about making a section on your website with list of games, that you already own.

Or you can give your fans a link to your steam profile, so they could see, what games are you currently owning.

And would he consider a system that lists games desired, then allows 1 and only 1 donation, then prevents further donations?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Hi Ross. If you are going to use assets from different places in your movie, will there be a consistency problem in the art because of some assets sticking out? If so, how do you fix this?

Questions:

1. Have you played the original Rouge and if so, what do you think of the new resurgence of rogue-lites thanks to the popularity of the Binding of Isaac?

2. This is kind of a heavy question but what are your thoughts on the war on drugs and how we handle drug offenders/dealers in today's society?

Would turn for Poe Dameron.

You've mentioned the Arcane Studios game Arx Fatalis before, what do you think of it? Also have you ever played the game Die by the Sword?

Regarding the next video chat I have a thought that's been bugging me for a while now.

Dear Ross,

I noticed many of the question you answer to are neither related to your videos nor to videogames or machinima. To be more specific, I noticed you often had the chance to give advice to people wondering about the best choices to make in life. (Regarding sleep, highschool, how to work, how to find idea, how to stay fit and so on. The list grew quite a lot over the chats)

This intrigues me on a sociological point of view. This makes me think that you've become popular enough to be sort of like actors who became politician as they had a reliable fanbase that listen to them.

On the spectrum of people currently watching your video, it has become interesting in more ways than one. Most people probably don't care about what you think or have nothing to ask you, but a few think you're worthy enough to ask you advice in how to lead one's life. This is pretty interesting.

How do you feel about the questions you receive regarding advices about how to live ? Also do you think they are clues about a wider phenomenon on a sociological aspect ?

(btw, I became scientist partially thanks to freeman. But I ain't as mad as your freeman. (yet))

I hope your life in Poland goes well, seems like a very nice and interesting country.

(Also if you want to think about Rule of Rose (if you have the time and wish to, once upon a time...) it would be much appreciated, since ruleofrosemysteries is dead now.)

With the amazing success of City Skylines, the coming brilliance that is Planet Coaster, do you think that we're entering a silver age of sim games, and is there a genre of sim games that you feel deserves to have a new iteration/re-imagining/sequel?

Ah, and what was the best sim game you've played while we're at it?

How much of your work is backed up? I know a couple of people who lost a lot due to either their computer dying or an external hard drive crashing.