Evolution vs. Creation being taught in schools

Sign in to follow this  

So, would someone that believes in the theories of gravity and thermodynamics be a gravitationist or thermodynamicist?

Oh, by the way, not just so-called "evolutionists" believe that we are members of Primates.

I know i'm late to the party but heres my input:

They are both taught in schools, one as science and one as scripture. They are both presented as fact. Yes, a contradiction, yet relativity and quantum mechanics are taught in the same institution. That is all.

Life's a contradiction in itself really. We live to die.

Nein, ve live to continue ze survival of our species.

Life's a contradiction in itself really. We live to die.

Nein, ve live to continue ze survival of our species.

Yes but why do we die? Because we live. If you were never born in the first place you'd never die. You'd be immortal.

Yes, you could not die without first living. Is not just a matter of perspective through time? Simplify what you're saying, what does not exist is immortal. This is where we define immortal. Conservation of energy, matter is never created nor destroyed, the humans ability to process, control and imagine does(In this physical reality anyways).

Combining these two, is everything or anything immortal? Or nothing? Does this impact in a universe where laws can bend time? Is the universe random or predetermined? And how do we truly define random?

Questions with multiple answers, i'd like to hear yours.

Life=Undefinable.

Untrue.

Life: The condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Life=Undefinable.

Untrue.

Life: The condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.

Oh, thank you. That's what I meant to say... lol

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I think you are overcomplicating what I'm saying. I'm just saying something that isn't living can't die.

Expanding what you're saying, so full understanding can be reached. One question leads to another. And when i said simplify i was bringing the end result of what you said together, before expanding on it.

My questions still apply to your "I'm just saying" statement.

I always thought it was silly that evolution is called a "theory". It's a proven law of nature that genes mutate and these mutations manifest as eventual species change through natural selection. It doesn't even require to look at past examples. Just look at how mutations work in humans today. A baby might be born with six toes, or heightened hearing. It's a obvious extension of logic that beneficial mutations would cause an organism to be more likely to reproduce, thus spreading it's new trait, and furthering evolution.

Anyone that actually believes that evolution is false is just intentionally ignoring the pertinent facts, only acknowledging them if they can in some twisted way, support their inane beliefs.

Society's attitude of overbearing equality and acceptance of one another's beliefs is just backwards. Creationists are just straight up wrong, on par with believing that the earth is flat, or that the sun revolves around the earth, and their idiot beliefs shouldn't even be mentioned in a public school.

It's a proven law of nature that genes mutate and these mutations manifest as eventual species change through natural selection.

Show me the proof. (theoretical logic is not proof)

It doesn't even require to look at past examples. Just look at how mutations work in humans today

Six toes, etc. doesn't carry over through generations. I have yet to see any genetic mutation (that doesn't make the person infertile/dead) carry over. Please show me an example of it, or any "beneficial" mutation traversing the generations.

Society's attitude of overbearing equality and acceptance of one another's beliefs is just backwards. Creationists are just straight up wrong, on par with believing that the earth is flat, or that the sun revolves around the earth, and their idiot beliefs shouldn't even be mentioned in a public school.

I can equate your beliefs in the same way, doesn't make any difference to the factuality of either of the belief systems.

It's a proven law of nature that genes mutate and these mutations manifest as eventual species change through natural selection.

Show me the proof. (theoretical logic is not proof)

Okay, let's use the classic example of the finches studied by Charles Darwin. Finches were surveyed on many different islands of the Galapagos, and each species' beak was adapted to the food source that was readily available.

Darwin%27s_finches_by_Gould.jpg

This logically points to a divergence of species as seperate populations formed on the different islands. Beneficial mutations eventually occurred that made it more likely for mutated finches to reproduce, thus leading to evolution via natural selection.

Oh, and if you can't rely on theoretical logic, then you must not believe that 500 + 19 = 519 without counting out stones in separate piles, then counting the sum. You can't just rely on the theoretical logic of math after all.

It doesn't even require to look at past examples. Just look at how mutations work in humans today

Six toes, etc. doesn't carry over through generations. I have yet to see any genetic mutation (that doesn't make the person infertile/dead) carry over. Please show me an example of it, or any "beneficial" mutation traversing the generations.

See above^

I can equate your beliefs in the same way, doesn't make any difference to the factuality of either of the belief systems.

You can't equate my "beliefs" in the same way, because mine are based on proven facts and solid logic. To believe otherwise is to ignore proven facts, and is therefore simply incorrect. Not subjectively, but literally. There is no way to rightly justify falsehoods.

Okay, let's use the classic example of the finches studied by Charles Darwin. Finches were surveyed on many different islands of the Galapagos, and each species' beak was adapted to the food source that was readily available.

This logically points to a divergence of species as seperate populations formed on the different islands. Beneficial mutations eventually occurred that made it more likely for mutated finches to reproduce, thus leading to evolution via natural selection.

Oh, and if you can't rely on theoretical logic, then you must not believe that 500 + 19 = 519 without counting out stones in separate piles, then counting the sum. You can't just rely on the theoretical logic of math after all.

First off, only certain types of math are theoretical, adding/subtracting/multiplying/dividing is not among the theoretical types.

Second, it may seem logical to you, but that doesn't mean that that is what the truth is. There is no PROOF that the differences were caused by mutations, or any other genetic alterations.

See above^

Same to you.

You can't equate my "beliefs" in the same way, because mine are based on proven facts and solid logic. To believe otherwise is to ignore proven facts, and is therefore simply incorrect. Not subjectively, but literally. There is no way to rightly justify falsehoods.

I can equate your UNPROVEN beliefs any way I want. Don't like it? Find another universe to live in. Not everyone believes the same as everyone else, and I sincerely hope that never changes.

Darwin%27s_finches_by_Gould.jpg

How does that disprove the theory that these species were already there from the beggining adopted to their environment... you started with facts but then went on about your opinions which you made seem like facts. You skipped some major steps is what I'm trying to say.

You told us and explained that 1 is a 1 and 2 is a 2 but then you said therefore 1+2 = 1436930 ???? where does 1436930 come from

Nonetheless even if Mutation does exist, it doesn't disprove God's or Jesus existence (If that's what you are trying to do). In fact some people think it proves it even more.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Sign in to follow this  

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.