The Duke Nukem Forever thread

I played it.

Verdict: It's not Duke 3d. :/

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQz7kiStWjJE8bkQUPkDTVIsffvnCJTRiMucCpJXRJa1TxdYYPjoQ

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

My opinion?

Worst game ever....13 years and this is what they made with it?

Utterly shit, but that's just me

This is the end of the line, and I'll rip you apart for what's inside.

Compensating wealth for what's more and more worthlessness.

The end of fear, the end of your life, I'll kill you right now, fucking die.

My opinion?

Worst game ever....13 years and this is what they made with it?

Utterly shit, but that's just me

I don't think the length of the development can serve as a good argument, seeing as the game went through multiple developers and most likely got build from the ground up more than once.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 or 5 times to be exact. And the weird thing is that it's still technically on the Unreal Engine from 2001. They just completely upgraded it on their own from time to time after they decided to stop receiving updates because they messed up the game too much.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

The graphics are actually very good enviroment-wise. As for people...not so much. Character animations are choppy, especially the walking. The crap thing is I have to turn resolution down to 800x600 so it won't slow even though everyone says the graphics are crap. Everything else is just kinda 'okay' imo.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

The graphics look fine when everything's maxed and "Post-special effects" (Depth of field and color drain) are off. Certainly better on the eye than Call of Duty is for the most part. ESPECIALLY the underwater segments.

I haven't beaten the DLC yet (Though I am close) but I can't shake the feeling that Dr. Proton is not as villianous as he seems. Sure he killed all the people in Area 51 (And that's terrible), but it was for the purpose of

creating a Duke Nukem army with which he could end the alien invasion once and for all

. What he would have done with the army after that I don't know, but the first use of it certainly seemed righteous. Maybe I just missed somethigng that painted him as definitively evil, but I dunno.

Well that's just a grudge anyone would have against Duke after they get shot into the air and turn into shiny diamonds. Proton seems to have no issue referring to Duke as the world's greatest hero, so he respects Duke on some level. Enough to create an army of him for the purpose of ending the invasion for good, at least.

Yeah, so it looks like a 2001 game but plays like a Call of Duty ripoff. XD

Having come off of Halo CE again recently, a game which I think has aged pretty well graphically, I wouldn't say 2001 at all. Feels more like 07 to me.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

I'm playing through it right now, just beat the first boss. Reminds me of Mass Effect's Overlord DLC in terms of setting. BTW, anyone else find "The Clone Carousel" incredibly annoying? I usually like Duke's platforming sections, but this one was just aggravating.