The Duke Nukem Forever thread

I'm not done yet, but I'm feeling like this DLC could have gone much better if it had played out in reverse order, with an early focus on the aliens like in the main game and then shifting to Proton and his Duke clones, would have been a better story, but this isn't a game you play for the story and it's still fun.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Well it's not like they would have bought such a big name only to release a single game. They'll release this one and if it fails as well then no doubt they'll drop the Duke franchise like an ugly baby.

I can't see it being a success though, console's are Gearbox's primary money maker and their introduction to Duke was DNF.

Well to be fair. DNF is kind of a special baby, that has gone through many surgeries by different doctors and a lot law suits. In the end no one wanted it but Gearbox decided to take it no matter how ugly it is and raise it to a mentally challenged but still somewhat functional adult.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But do you really think people will care? DNF has garnered itself a lot of bad reviews (for good reason) and it became a gigantic joke for everyone in the gaming community to laugh at. Even people like my sister know the name Duke Nukem Forever and know that it's really bad, and her games library consists of Plants vs. Zombies and Skyrim.

People will see Duke Nukem on the cover and it'll be a turn off.

I don't think it's gonna be a success either, but I think it is fair to know that there is more behind DNF than just gearbox made a crappy game.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Looks like a new Duke game will be coming around 2015. Can't see it selling very well after DNF tanked so badly unless they can build up a fuckload of hype.

It may have tanked critically, but financially it did well for itself and managed a profit.

Edit: Also, old as shit.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

I actually think a reboot could do better than DNF because DNF was more of a fanservice thing for those who love the old Duke and actually wanted the game. I think it's time we got a new one that could appeal more to today's crowd and be built from the ground up by Gearbox rather than going from company to company and engine to engine like DNF did.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I actually think a reboot could do better than DNF because DNF was more of a fanservice thing for those who love the old Duke and actually wanted the game. I think it's time we got a new one that could appeal more to today's crowd and be built from the ground up by Gearbox rather than going from company to company and engine to engine like DNF did.

Duke going hipster? :shh:

I didn't bet on Duke before don't bet on me betting on duke again.

bet on it .

(i'll probably play it because i never live up to my word and i really liked Duke 3D so i have hopes.)

2015 seems like a bad time to release it, i'll be too busy in flying cars for video games.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

I'm new here, so pardon my language if i get too harsh.

It really (f-bomb) bothers me how they (le people who made dnf) managed to (f-bomb) the game up so bady.

I've been waiting for a continue to duke nukem: 3d since 1999/2000.

Then they finally released it, and what strikes me the worst is the following:

Congrats, you've been reduced from being able to carry 10 weapons down to two weapons and a bunch of shitty extras.

This game isn't going to be fun, you know, so why did you bother buying it?

They've totally gone shit with this.

The only positive thing i find about Duke now is that well, John St. John still did the voiceover for Duke.

Things they could've done without:

Making the game so child friendly.

Removing the (f-bomb) strippers!.

Removing the awkwardly bad puns, some of which are though, quite memorable.

Why did they really aim for this game to be played by 13-15 year olds?

Have they really no sense at all? didn't they know about the enormous fanbase behind D3D?.

I just hope,and i sincerely mean it, i hope that diablo 3 turns out fine.

On may 15th i'll be sure to find out.

I would post a "You must be new here" picture, but you already established that. And you have said nothing that is not either confusing or said far too many times before. And did you really call this game child friendly? Either you haven't made it to "The Hive" yet, or you hold "child-friendly" to a very disturbing standard.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

Making the game so child friendly.

Yeah, Duke being given a blowjob by identical twins at the start of the game, the kinky bondage scenes in the hive and not to mention the glory hole later on are definitely child friendly.

Removing the (f-bomb) strippers!.

Uhm... come again? One level of the game is DEDICATED to a strip club.

Removing the awkwardly bad puns, some of which are though, quite memorable.

I thought the game had TONS of bad puns and all of them memorable.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I think what he/she/it means by child friendly is the gameplay/level design. It's got the totally boring 2 weapon, hind behind cover to heal up to max health gameplay that is just to easy. The driving is incredibly easy and obvious it's basically a fancier way to get from corridor A to corridor B. The turret sections are just that, boring turret sections. And the puzzles are pretty damn straight forward as well.

I don't see why they decided to go with this more modern gameplay style anyway. I mean with the whole theme in general they were taking huge risks anyway to they might as well have sticked to the old style fast paced gameplay.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯