The Duke Nukem Forever thread

It was always instant panic mode when those aliens from the expansion did it. You ran around helpless until you got back up and kindly requested bubblegum.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

take a look at this: Duke Nukem FOREVER

it's kinda depressing

Also, I was looking at what 3D realms released in '09 after their layoffs, and recognized some stuff from the 2011 trailers.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

*NOTE: Bubblegum not included.

Ah hell. No buy from me then.

Despite all the BoS Edition comes with, all I really wanted was two large steel spheres and a pack of gum.

Hmm, that sounds awesome BUT my brother preordered 2copies of DNF(one for him and one for me), but he did only get one code for the demo. Does that mean only one of us gets the addon as well?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alright then. Basically, this is how I feel. The game is great fun, I have no real qualms about the weapon system or the EGO bar. Buuuuut, Randy did flat out lie to us. He said, bold facedly, that the FAC would get something completely new, that no one else has ever seen before besides Gearbox. What'd we get? The ******* PAX East demo. Yes, it was fun as hell, but yes he lied to us.

The Good: The game is fun. I've beaten Duke Nukem 3D before and I did feel as though I was playing a Duke Nukem game when I played the demo. Plenty of ammo and new weapons to find. Shrink Ray is amazing, especially with how you can shrink multiple enemies at once. Plenty of humor as well. Nothing quite "LOL" worthy, but that's mostly because I spoiled the best gags with gameplay videos.

Glad to see I can still dismember corpses. Those spider things were pretty fun to fight. I also like how you can use a QTE to punch them off. Speaking of QTEs, the Cycloid boss is good for a nostalgia trip and to mess around with. HoloDuke is great fun to use. RPG caused many-a-laughs. Ripper felt satisfying. And the difficulty was mostly fair...

The Bad: Aside from those ******* double-pistol pigs, the game felt very fair on "Let's Rock". Also, *Gasp gasp gasp gasp gasp gaaaasp* becomes kind of annoying after a while, don'tcha think? The driving controls are iffy at best, but that might just be my computer lag talking.

The Absolute Worst of the Whole Thing: I just could not decide what was the best way to kill those octa-babies! They're just so adorable and fragile and...susceptible to explosives . Also, this demo confirmed that I need to upgrade my video card. Badly. But that's not your fault, is it Randy?

The Best Part: Those damn octa-babies are so adorable! And killable. I had the stupidest grin on my face when I saw those things crawl out. Seriously, guys, whoever came up with the Octa-babies idea, give him a raise.

What Could Have Been Better: I wouldn't have minded a slice of the multiplayer.

Overall: I am looking forward to this game. No doubt about that. I'm also looking forward to DuvalMagic's explanation as to why the demo is the PAX East demo. I'll be replaying this demo in the mean time.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

OK, let me first say that I LOVED the demo, even if it was nothing new. Actually playing this game was an amazing experience. The only faults I'd say were the load times were a bit long, Duke didn't seem to have enough "health" (we all know his ego is WAY bigger than that tiny bar) and that the gunship fight seemed a bit too hard on Come Get Some, with almost no cover and the RPG only holding 5 rounds. I wished it continued through the opening scene instead of jumping to the desert level too. Only holding 2 guns isn't as fun as having the whole arsenal, but I can understand it. The quotes, both new and old were a blast. "A crowbar would come in handy right now" being my favorite. Did you check the control schemes? there's default, Freeman (the Half Life scheme), MC (the Halo 3 scheme), and Duty Calls (the CoD scheme) which are all great shout-outs. I also wished Duke would use his hands to push the carts instead of walking.

EDIT: where'd you find holoduke?

and one more thing, I'm sad that you hit them with the gun instead of using the Might Boot

You can find the holoduke on the back of the pick-up truck. There's also beer right around the truck as well. Finally, I dare you to grab Rail gun and to shoot the red dot on that missile that's attached to the crashed gunships.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.