The Duke Nukem Forever thread

That's for the best, really. Along with being a demo that has been shown before, it's an outdated build. The textures are muddier than recent footage, there are some easy to spot glitches that would never have let the game go gold if they remained, etc. Still good fun, though.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

I won't bother with the demo. I know I will buy this game for maybe a dozen quid on Amazon in two or three months.

Man this looks gr-

*Regenerating Health*

*Gearbox*

Nope.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

what've you got against Gearbox?

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

It's not more what I have against Gearbox, it's more against regenerating health. I hate it, it kills any challenge in the game whatsoever, all you have to do is hide behind cover for a bit and suddenly you're as healthy as can be.

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

Serious Sam 3 will not have cover or regenerating health. And Sam will be able to carry his entire arsenal.

Serious Sam 3 will not have cover or regenerating health. And Sam will be able to carry his entire arsenal.

Serious Sam is awesome.

No Cover.All Man. That's what Duke should play like, but I had to use cover in the demo :(

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

That demo was awful. Horrible framerate, and you get punished for using the turret when it's the obvious thing to use.

Never bet on Duke.

That demo was awful. Horrible framerate, and you get punished for using the turret when it's the obvious thing to use.

...No, the turret works just fine.

Please don't tell me it has a stationary-turret-on-a-vehicle thingy. That is one of the worst gameplay mechanics possible. Right up there with die 'n try x n.

No, it was just a stationary turret. There is a rather short vehicle section though.

I was able to complete the demo on hard without dying more than a couple of times. The game seemed fairly zany in places, but overall the demo did not manage to tempt me in to pre-ordering it.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Please don't tell me it has a stationary-turret-on-a-vehicle thingy. That is one of the worst gameplay mechanics possible. Right up there with die 'n try x n.

There is, only it's completely stationary. The enemies come to you. But if you're skilled enough, you can avoid using it entirely. But you'll need to be incredibly good with your pipebombs to make it. It's more if you start to get overwhelmed and don't want to die.

DNF is the 2nd top-selling thing on Steam. Top selling game if you don't count the CoD DLC.

Edit: Now it's top dog.

I like reading the manuals and I always appreciate the effort to have a color manual these days, it's one of the little things that shows a developer cares.