Jump to content

ROSS'S GAME DUNGEON: THE CHOSEN

Recommended Posts

So, this is what I'm seeing now that the majority of the work on the subtitles for this episode are done:

 

nGYhG9v.png

 

 

:shock:

 

Subtitles will be ready in a couple hours, folks.

Share this post


Link to post

So, i'm trying to download the chosen one because i have a problem procrastinating in college. Anyways, I went to www.rebelmind.com but the site is "suspended" so does anyone else have a link or website i can go to? I want the one Ross has btw, the more miserable the experience, the more effective it will be.

Share this post


Link to post

All I can say is jesus christ, and I thought the Dark Zealot enemy in the first Torchlight game was unfair. The Chosen is a million times worse when it comes to cheapness. You have far, far more patience than I ever would for something this terrible.

Share this post


Link to post

After re-watching this, maybe instead of mentioning Ed Wood, you could've brought up Tommy Wiseau. It would've had roughly the same effect.

Share this post


Link to post
After re-watching this, maybe instead of mentioning Ed Wood, you could've brought up Tommy Wiseau. It would've had roughly the same effect.

 

And I think it would have been a better match for the product at hand.

Share this post


Link to post

There's only one thing that I disagree with Ross in this review: The gold standard of bad voice acting in games is not Resident Evil, it's House of the Dead 2:

 

76Fn3U39UnA

Share this post


Link to post

Hey guys, the rebelmind.com website seems to be dead.

 

Therefore the game is sort of abandonware. I couldn't find it on steam or gog (even though the game is Polish).

I wanted to download Frater and give it a go, but I suppose it's not possible anymore.

 

Does anyone have a downloaded version standing around anywhere?

Share this post


Link to post

People in the YouTube comments are saying Ross must be using a copy that triggered some kind of copy protection. They were guessing that he was running off a backup, or a download, but I think something even more insidious might be going on: The legitimate version of the game had a mandatory online activation that it didn't even tell you about, or was at least programmed not to tell you if activation failed. Batman: Arkham Asylum apparently worked that way; if the SecuROM online check failed, you were still allowed to play the game as if nothing was wrong but the cape-glide wouldn't work, making it impossible to continue past a certain point. That would explain why the developers put the whole game up for free: The servers had gone down, they had no control over it, but they still owned the rights to the game and figured they'd throw the fans a bone.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Steve the Pocket said:

People in the YouTube comments are saying Ross must be using a copy that triggered some kind of copy protection. They were guessing that he was running off a backup, or a download, but I think something even more insidious might be going on: The legitimate version of the game had a mandatory online activation that it didn't even tell you about, or was at least programmed not to tell you if activation failed. Batman: Arkham Asylum apparently worked that way; if the SecuROM online check failed, you were still allowed to play the game as if nothing was wrong but the cape-glide wouldn't work, making it impossible to continue past a certain point. That would explain why the developers put the whole game up for free: The servers had gone down, they had no control over it, but they still owned the rights to the game and figured they'd throw the fans a bone.

I don't know, to me that sounds overly complicated. I like to think that, they were honestly that incompetent with the gameplay.

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/10/2019 at 5:23 AM, RaTcHeT302 said:

I don't know, to me that sounds overly complicated. I like to think that, they were honestly that incompetent with the gameplay.

But they had to test the game, surely, if only to make sure it actually runs all the way through. You'd think someone would have noticed a bug report called "That one enemy in level 3 takes over 100 hits to kill; you sure you didn't hit '0' too many times, boss?"

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Steve the Pocket said:

But they had to test the game, surely, if only to make sure it actually runs all the way through. You'd think someone would have noticed a bug report called "That one enemy in level 3 takes over 100 hits to kill; you sure you didn't hit '0' too many times, boss?"

This happens all the time, where the software, might work perfectly fine on your machine, but then you release it out in the wild, and suddenly, all kinds of dumb problems show up. If your testing method is flawed, it doesn't matter - this can happen, and it happens a lot already.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in the community.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.