Mass Effect: Thread

Sounds like EA being the bad guy cycle has come round again.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

zRRpGlmtws8

That doesn't sound so good.

I knew it. And Arby I totally think EA is the bad guy. Whether they're misleading or corrupting Bioware is inconsequential, the point is, that crap shouldn't be happening.

Assuming, of course the guy who made the video didn't fabricate the whole thing. I've also heard about a petition to change (or add an extra ending to) Mass Effect 3's ending(s), since apparently they are all terrible.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

2iVaGFb-jH8

...no comments...

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

There's a big outcry over the endings and I've gotta agree. For probably my favorite game series ever, it left a sour taste in my mouth

I'm tired, too tired to write up exactly how I feel about it all and I just spent a few hours ranting about it with a friend anyway, but absolutely the worst part of the endings is not just how bad they are by themselves, but how absolutely perfect the rest of the game down to the last second before the very end is and how it captured exactly what I wanted for this game and series; how those endings completely overshadow and ruin all that. I just don't know if I can play this game or the rest of the series again knowing how bad and pointless a resolution it all builds to.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

The endings made the impossible happen. They made me never want to play Mass Effect ever again. The games were awesome, and I joined the group on Facebook petitioning for some sort of alternative ending or whatever. I know it may sound whiny, or childish, but the endings just ruined it for me. Of course that's just my opinion. It just seems so pointless now getting 100% for THIS.

I'd pay for a better ending. (Tali and Shepherd happy ending)

Oh hey, now with clarity I just realized another thing that makes the ending worse:

Remember from Arrival what happens when a mass relay is destroyed? And every ending destroys all the relays. At first this pissed me off because it would kill any form of transit across the galaxy, but now I realize that not only that, but you also murder countless millions who are in systems with relays, so all those allies on Palaven and other planets who banded with you to fight the reapers got blown into space dust thanks to the brave Commander and his space god kid. also JOKER IS A FUCKING ROBOT WTFBBQ?????

Oh hey, now with clarity I just realized another thing that makes the ending worse:

Remember from Arrival what happens when a mass relay is destroyed? And every ending destroys all the relays. At first this pissed me off because it would kill any form of transit across the galaxy, but now I realize that not only that, but you also murder countless millions who are in systems with relays, so all those allies on Palaven and other planets who banded with you to fight the reapers got blown into space dust thanks to the brave Commander and his space god kid. also JOKER IS A FUCKING ROBOT WTFBBQ?????

And apparently that's the best ending.

I hope they do dlc it. What might annoys me most though is that they were all basically the same ending only slightly different.

There is an interesting theory out there at the moment that points to that whole ending possibly being a hallucination or indoctrination attempt. It also explains why you see Shepard live after choosing destroy if you have high enough war assets. It's pushing it but also completely makes sense. I don't exactly know how to link it but it should be easy enough to find.

I'm willing to beleive indoctrination especially because of those black "tendrils" on the edge of the screen during that final talk with TIM and honestly I can take anything that retcons those endings to shit and gives us at least a slim bit of resolution.

This video just about sums it perfectly and, can't believe I'm saying this, but I empathize with Hitler perfectly here:

b33tJx8iy0A

Oh and that "secret post-creidt ending" that you only get with either an import or a new game +?

it came from here on deviant art:

WINTERY_by_DerecV2.jpg

Oh and unrelated to all of that, Earth has a population of 11 billion, Thessia only has 5 billion, asari live for a thousand years and certainly its not an accurate comparison considering how long the asari have had to disperse across the galaxy compared to humanity, but still, asari population growth over time sucks compared to us :lol:

oh and 1 more thing i forgot:

we know the citadel itself is a giant relay, so when the whole crucible/catalyst/citadel thingy destroys itself firing it should explode with just as much if not more force than the other relays, meaning that entire army and the planet earth you fought for exploded too. gee, isnt continuity fun?

Wow, that's a lot of problems, never thought I'd agree completely with Hitler. I've seen that the picture of Tali without a mask was a Photoshopped one off Google images too. It kind of makes me think that Bioware is setting us up to release story dlc.

That said, the first 99% of the game was awesome.

I would have liked an ending with everyone playing on that poker table on the Normandy though, or something with your love interest (give me blue babies!)

One of my biggest gripes is how it ruined everything Sovereign told us, Harbinger and ME2 kinda brought it down from "There is a level of existence so far above your own you cannot even imagine it" but it was belieavable to an extent, this just kills any kind of magic the space eldritch demons had.

[attachment=0]me3endingyodawg.jpg[/attachment]

I'm still in my first playthrough. I'm taking it slow, building up my military strength, talking to everyone, doing all side quests (and also, working like 10 hours a day). I've read people are disappointed about the ending, I'll give my opinion once I get there.

Here's an awesome battle with a Reaper Destroyer.

6nTB6ODDxjo

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

The 99% of the game going up to the ending is one of my favorite games and the most satisfying conclusions to one of the best trilogies I've ever played and loved. Ending aside, ME3 is perfect for me and thats what makes the ending so much worse. Enjoy the ride mate.

Because, literally for the last 10 minutes of the game it flies out to left field and forgets everything about the entire series. I'm serious.