Freeman's Mind Spliced together!

It is Episodes 1 - 31 (including 10.5 and pirate video) all in one file. The video quality isnt to snazzy but i made it to be small and the audio quality is what counts.

Width : 320 pixels

Height : 240 pixels

File size : 380 MB

Duration : 3h 26mn

The complete media info is here http://justpaste.it/Freeeeeman

Download:

WMV:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P64TS3E2

if anyone wants to convert and upload this ill put the link up here

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

If you intend to make the series one long video without any black screens/credits that would be anything but easy, Ross talks while the screen goes black towards the end and during the credits, plus he may not be standing in the exact same spot at the start of the next episode.

Hmm, you could loop or extend the part right before the screen starts going black so it looks like Freeman is just standing still for a while, and you could add the "fade-out one-liner" to that new segment. So Freeman would stand still and think/talk to himself for a while and then start moving again as one would expect from the next episode. This could be really cool if done cleverly.

;D i finished, i removed the intros of every ep except the first but i removed the episode one mark on freemans head

i removed the outro video but left the sound so its black and they all seem to come together nicely with little patches of black where it's as if he is closing his eyes and thinking to himself.

now...i have no idea which format i should export it as to get the same quality each episode has and get a reasonable size..

right now im being silly and rendering it as a .mov with the quality down to a smiggins 56k lawl

Isn't 'spliced' a reference to Bioshock. Just saying...

second i saw that i remembered that ghost in bioshock saying

"Baby, I'm spliced up in ways you haven't even dreamed of."

DNA splicing refers to a process in genetics that has been performed decades before the mediocre Bioshock was even an imagination in K-Lev's brilliant-gone-mainstream mind.

Now, back to Freeman's Mind. I think having Freeman close his eyes isn't an annoying shortcoming but I think it can be avoided. As far as I remember he always stays still right before the screen starts getting black. Just loop that standing-still period for as long as necessary and paste the audio onto it. Then it would look like Freeman just stands still for a few moments to relax and be a nutjob, and then continues his journey. Though for this to work he does need to stand and look EXACTLY the same as in the previous episode for it to be a seamless transition.

That's scary editting and im only a nooblet(not even a noob yet!) at sony vegas.

i will try though ;D also ill upload the project file as an attachment in the first post(the files for the project are all the freemans mind episodes in my freemans mind torrent)

the entire thing will be about 3 hours 45 minutes and will be about 900 mb

Eh decent job for trial and lots of error ;D

TIME FOR MINECRAFT!

641qir.png

DNA splicing refers to a process in genetics that has been performed decades before the mediocre Bioshock was even an imagination in K-Lev's brilliant-gone-mainstream mind.

Jeez, you didn't need to act like a total dick man.

Done done done! and it is pretty good quality with a nice 681 MB file size

Hmm... I just want to ask can I download it from mediafire?

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

file limit for media fire is 200mb i think

also the funny thing is all the eps spliced together with pretty much the same quality is ~600mb

and counting up all the eps individually as they are now on ross's site are 2.20 GB

Perceived quality and real quality are not the same thing. Obviously there was a lot of quality loss in the process, a difference like that can not be explained with the lack of 30+ headers and partly cut intros/outros.

I think it should be possible to perform all the needed tasks to achieve this by lossless means; I know for a fact splicing and deleting frames will be lossless if there is no re-encoding, but of course both sources need to be encoded with the same codec for that to be an option.

Perceived quality and real quality are not the same thing. Obviously there was a lot of quality loss in the process, a difference like that can not be explained with the lack of 30+ headers and partly cut intros/outros.

I think it should be possible to perform all the needed tasks to achieve this by lossless means; I know for a fact splicing and deleting frames will be lossless if there is no re-encoding, but of course both sources need to be encoded with the same codec for that to be an option.

WHY MUST YOU RUIN OUR FUN WITH SCIENCE?!?!

Science is fun.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Science is fun.

Not in the case he's making...

-snip-

Science is fun.

Not in the case he's making...

I don't see how talking about possibly putting these together in a loss-less format is ruining anyone's fun. In fact I feel it makes it even more fun!