Observation

Very primitive gameplay - not entirely walking simulator, but close. Otherwise, slightly interactive movie. Quite lengthy for the format.

I think the negative reviews are completely full of it. Although the game has pretty threadbare gameplay it's not really what you're there for. If you're looking for a game with a really damn good story that's basically a video game adaptation of 2001 a space odyssey where you get to play as HAL9000 then this is the game for you. The gameplay is bare, yes, but that's not what this game is about. The presentation is jaw-dropping, the mysteries deep, and the writing is solid. For the hardcore story and atmosphere junkies, this is a must-play.

Very "on-rails" kind of gameplay. Puzzles are pretty basic. Its strengths lie in the story, atmosphere, and visuals. Treat it as more of a (barely) interactive episode of The Outer Limits than an actual game. (But, like, a two-parter season finale kind of episode.) If that doesn't sound fun, then it's probably not for you.

You get to freely explore a very realistic space station! It looks amazing.

True, the puzzles are sub-par, but they are mostly used as a device to engage the player in the moment, and not as challenges by themselves. It's not a puzzle game, it's a thriller.

The beginning has you looking through wall mounted cameras, like "five nights at freddy's", but fear not - you get to freely explore shortly after.

I really recommend to try and play this at lower resolution. something like 1024×576. It makes everything look like the feed of a streaming camera. Really puts you in the mood and makes everything look realistic. 

The best way I feel like I can sum up the game’s overall motif would be: shoot “2001: A Space Odyssey” in the style of “Paranormal Activity” where you take control of “HAL 9000”.

Puzzles are fairly straight forward and while the game won't hold your hand during any of them, they kind of boil down to just instruction following.

Audio design is fantastic. The game really does a great job of conveying the sense of deathly quiet isolation in the seemingly limitless emptiness of outer space while also dealing with an impending doom. Everything from the crackly radio communications to the sounds of airlock decompression all give off the expected muted sounds that make the whole thing feel authentic.

I'd give it a rating of Good/Great.

Edited by TheMG42 (see edit history)

BJ! We need you defending us with the MG42!

The atmospheric horror equivalent of an Arthur C. Clarke story, and that's a very high compliment. An amazing experience, only mildly hampered by  pixel hunting and wonky movement controls (which is to be expected anyway when you're floating in space). Totally worth the investment.