Total Annihilation

Total Annihilation is set in the far future in the midst of a galactic war, with battles taking place on the surface of planets and moons. The efforts of the player are centered around constructing a defensive base and an offensive force, and conquering opponents. The player is also concerned with gathering resources, reconnaissance and stealth, and evaluation of units and terrain. Battles take place against AI in a story-driven campaign, with the option of playing against other players in a skirmish mode.

Normally, the player begins with the unique Commander unit, a mech with the ability to create structures to form a base and, by extension, a military force comprising a range of mobile units. The Commander, in addition to being a powerful combat unit, is vital to the player because of its ability to quickly construct units. This makes the loss of a Commander a critical event in any game. Construction is governed by the possession of the game's two unlimited resources, Metal and Energy, and can be undertaken by factories or mobile construction units. Every unit belongs to a level of technology (tech level); the higher the level, the more advanced the unit and the more resources and thus time required to construct it. A feature of the game is the ability to easily "queue" the many commands for a unit or group of units, with types of commands including patrolling a route, constructing a defensive group of structures and attacking enemy units. Once given its commands, the unit will go about them automatically thus minimizing the need for the player's attention to small, repetitive tasks. The victory conditions of a multiplayer game generally involve the elimination of all enemy units, but the aim of single player campaign missions can be more specialized.

-Taken from Wiki

tabt_profilelarge.jpg

Man knows little.

Total Annihilation is set in the far future in the midst of a galactic war, with battles taking place on the surface of planets and moons. The efforts of the player are centered around constructing a defensive base and an offensive force, and conquering opponents. The player is also concerned with gathering resources, reconnaissance and stealth, and evaluation of units and terrain. Battles take place against AI in a story-driven campaign, with the option of playing against other players in a skirmish mode.

Normally, the player begins with the unique Commander unit, a mech with the ability to create structures to form a base and, by extension, a military force comprising a range of mobile units. The Commander, in addition to being a powerful combat unit, is vital to the player because of its ability to quickly construct units. This makes the loss of a Commander a critical event in any game. Construction is governed by the possession of the game's two unlimited resources, Metal and Energy, and can be undertaken by factories or mobile construction units. Every unit belongs to a level of technology (tech level); the higher the level, the more advanced the unit and the more resources and thus time required to construct it. A feature of the game is the ability to easily "queue" the many commands for a unit or group of units, with types of commands including patrolling a route, constructing a defensive group of structures and attacking enemy units. Once given its commands, the unit will go about them automatically thus minimizing the need for the player's attention to small, repetitive tasks. The victory conditions of a multiplayer game generally involve the elimination of all enemy units, but the aim of single player campaign missions can be more specialized.

-Taken from Wiki

tabt_profilelarge.jpg

Looks cool. What do you personally think of it? I might try it

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Well I really enjoyed playing it as a kid and I was never able to get a multiplayer match going so I could never V.s. my brothers, I would always have to fight the computer. But like 3 weeks ago I figured id find out how to make a copy of the multi player disc and sure enough me and my bros can now play multiplayer matches which is super fun. Id suggest starting out with the campaign before trying to play multi player because u need Hamachi and a hoster and a ton of other things

Man knows little.

Hey, I posted this in the first thread! Haha.

I am hopefully getting a new copy for my birthday because I've lost one of the discs.

You can just make copies of the disk because of how old it is, it doesnt have any code that prevents burning CD's

So you could get one for free

Man knows little.

tabt_profilelarge.jpg

That looks like a mod for the original C&C Red Alert to me...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

tabt_profilelarge.jpg

That looks like a mod for the original C&C Red Alert to me...

+ rep for analyzing that!

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Its definitly not tho lol thats actual game play lol however, the MAP might be a mod but the actual graphics are not

Man knows little.

Unlike Red Alert, Total Annihilation was 3d, and had great music.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

@ up

Mine was Energy/metal, turrets, planes, fusion, nuke win xD

That was my usual backup, by the end of the game I would always have 50 advanced engineers all building nukes :lol:

Let us take a moment to remember all lost to the almighty D-Gun.

Also, who else used to make lines of Big Bertha?

Big berthas were fun. But a favourite tactic that I had forgotten about was building a transport plane first thing, then send it over to pick up an enemy commander. Then send it to a second enemy base and self destruct the transport. Free nuke first thing in the game.

I was 4, maybe 5 when I last played this game, 17 now...

All I can remember is that I rarely used ground units. I've been a skirmish freak since C&C: Red Alert, and my Total Annihilation strategy consisted of bombing the shit outta my enemies as early as possible. If that didn't work, I went in to overdrive turtling to try and bring out the biggest and baddest unit in my arsenal.

I never played TA, but I played Total Annihilation: Kingdoms which I spent a load of time maxing out difficulty and trying different methods for annihilating the opposition. Probably the same thing as TA, but some differences include the visual effects and what I believe to be an OK story line.

c3kNAAC.jpg

Q7yOhZ3.jpg

Wow... I can't believe this hadn't been posted in in 2 years... Time flies...

Still haven't played TA, and don't plan on it anytime soon...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.