The return of danielsangeo

Hello, folks.

First, the tl;dr:

I went near-full hermit in 2020 with regards to Accursed Farms, because of my life fell apart.  Because of that, I want to apologize to everyone here. I will be returning in force for 2021.  However, I will be cutting back on the videos I'll be subtitling.

Now, for the details.

The biggest reason for the disappearance was the death of my mother.  We had a strained relationship since, well, at least 1995 and we didn't see each other since, well, sheesh, the last time I remember seeing her in person was when we went to see the "X-Files" film together in theaters.  That was 1998.  Still, her death hit me especially hard since the last thing I told to her, over email, is that I was angry with her for, well quite frankly, she abandoned us as her children.  Needless to say, that wrecked me something fierce.  Couple that with being cooped up because of the pandemic (and apparently, she died from COVID--I can't get a clear answer, to be honest) and it's been a shit year, among other things.

However, as I've said, I've come to terms with what has happened the best I can and I want to make a fresh start for 2021.  What does that mean for Accursed Farms?

I've been doing a lot of thinking and I've come to the conclusion that I can't continue as I have done in the past with making subtitles for videos.  As of this post, I have decided to not do subtitles for Game Dungeon or other similar videos (such as Ross's informational videos--for example, Ross's Big Birthday Video).  For that, I apologize.   Information-dense videos like those are no longer fun for me to subtitle and take WAY too much time to do.  I feel emotionally and physically drained after each one, and not in a good way.

This doesn't mean I want Ross to stop making information-dense videos such as Game Dungeon or otherwise.  Far from it.  I want Ross to make the videos he wants to make!  I just can't subtitle them.  But that doesn't mean I'm going to stop subtitling altogether (though that thought crossed my mind many times--including thoughts of just leaving Accursed Farms altogether, but I can't do that; I'd miss it too much).

From this point on, I will only be subtitling what I call "story-driven videos".  That is, Freeman's Mind, Civil Protection, or even the one-off silly videos such as Stranger in Need.  Those will continue to get the danielsangeo treatment!

Thank you all for being such a great community and let's get to it for 2021!

Edited by danielsangeo (see edit history)

Good to have you back. There's never anything wrong with having to change your pace to fit what's happening in your life, whether it's full speed ahead or a complete stop.

On 12/29/2020 at 10:24 AM, danielsangeo said:

her death hit me especially hard since the last thing I told to her, over email, is that I was angry with her

Relatable

Come the full moon, the bat flies whose boiling blood shall stem the tide.