Videochat January 2021

19 minutes ago, carrotman2323 said:

take some days off man! I love game dungeon but your mental health is more important . 

He's probably paranoid that taking a day off will slippery slope into the spoony experiment, aka the youtuber pit of tartarus. Noah wanted to make a movie too, you know. 

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

4 minutes ago, Im_CIA said:

He's probably paranoid that taking a day off will slippery slope into the spoony experiment, aka the youtuber pit of tartarus. Noah wanted to make a movie too, you know. 

He is still making a movie right? mentioned it in the chat but yea i get that mind set its rough 

Just now, carrotman2323 said:

He is still making a movie right? mentioned it in the chat but yea i get that mind set its rough 

Yeah it's still happening. Assets and animation are the biggest barrier to everything. 

But I would still watch it if it was made in Warcraft III world editor

3 minutes ago, Im_CIA said:

Yeah it's still happening. Assets and animation are the biggest barrier to everything. 

But I would still watch it if it was made in Warcraft III world editor

haha same . the outlandish and fun writing his old game movies have is awesome an really unique 

1 hour ago, Im_CIA said:

Noah wanted to make a movie too, you know. 

I'm kinda lost here, I thought he wanted to make an ark?..

Come the full moon, the bat flies whose boiling blood shall stem the tide.

1 hour ago, carrotman2323 said:

your mental health is more important . 

It’s not even about mental health.

Over the past years Ross fell victim to the common misconception that you should work harder to accomplish more, which is incorrect. It’s counter-intuitive, but having a proper rest at regular intervals increases your overall productivity (averaged over long period of time), because the skyrocketed performance overcompensates the time spent on vacations.

I’m extremely glad Ross finally decided to refresh himself and I’m sure that it will have nothing but positive effect on his content.

1 hour ago, Im_CIA said:

He's probably paranoid that taking a day off will slippery slope into the spoony experiment

If following Ross for 13 years taught me something about him, it’s that he will never, ever abandon his plans. The movie might be delayed for as long as needed, but it will be done.

Come the full moon, the bat flies whose boiling blood shall stem the tide.

11 minutes ago, ScumCoder said:

I'm kinda lost here, I thought he wanted to make an ark?..

It's a meta reference to a youtube a who fell of the pedestal pretty hard.  Barring a massive global disaster, it's impossible for Ross to go his way.
But Ross is paranoid about keeping his work going almost to a fault, which is why he almost never took a day off lol. 

This is probably controversial because I saw this suggestion getting negative votes on Reddit, but I'm going to take a few days off for the first time in seven or eight years.

I'm beginning to suspect that Reddit is not a very nice place to be

3 hours ago, Mira said:

I'm beginning to suspect that Reddit is not a very nice place to be

Reddit is harmless until it starts having opinions

10 hours ago, Im_CIA said:

Reddit is harmless until it starts having opinions

So... It's never harmless?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

5 minutes ago, BTGBullseye said:

So... It's never harmless?

The square root of...

maxresdefault (9).jpg

According to your donations record, you had $39,000 in donations in 2020, and per your SocialBlade, ~$15,000 in YouTube money assuming a $2 CPM and a 45% cut for the website. $54,000 is over four times the gross median income in Poland. It's equivalent to a low six figure income in the United States when Poland's PPP conversion factor is applied. You also appear to live mostly off of canned beans and $10 games in what I presume is a 1 bedroom apartment. 

I'm a bit confused as how you're only set for the next few months.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

According to your donations record, you had $39,000 in donations in 2020, and per your SocialBlade, ~$15,000 in YouTube money assuming a $2 CPM and a 45% cut for the website. $54,000 is over four times the gross median income in Poland. It's equivalent to a low six figure income in the United States when Poland's PPP conversion factor is applied. You also appear to live mostly off of canned beans and $10 games in what I presume is a 1 bedroom apartment. 

Mold removal is expensive? (especially when it fails the first time)

Burn the World!

couldn't find time marks for interesting topics in the video in the YT comments, anyone willing to post some here?

Burn the World!

16 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Well I know there is an additional  15% self employment tax on top of income and everything else. Not sure how donations are taxesd, but wonder if he can claim his apartment as an office and use moving expenses as a write off.

Edited by Im_CIA (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Im_CIA said:

Well I know there is an additional  15% self employment tax on top of income and everything else. Not sure how donations are taxesd, but wonder if he can claim his apartment as an office and use moving expenses as a write off.

in poland?

Burn the World!

On 1/3/2021 at 7:50 PM, carrotman2323 said:

Yes, don't even worry about that. Everything ELSE would be at risk before the movie would be. I'd be making the movie even if I didn't have a Youtube career.

On 1/6/2021 at 2:11 AM, RandomGuy said:

Accounting is basically my least favorite topic in the world, so here are some quick adjustments:

-I'm set for more than a few months, but I have an ongoing concern the longer a lull there is, the harder it would be for me to bounce BACK after a few months with low output.  Think of it like going uphill on ice.  If you're moving forward, you're fine.  If you're slowing down too much, you're in trouble.  Seeing my income cut in half TWICE on Youtube in the span of a couple months in the past has definitely left an impression, plus I've heard lots of stories of people not being able to bounce back if they slow down for a while, though I probably have more resilience for that sort of thing.  It's like playing a game in hardcore mode; you can be more cautious than you need to, since you don't know exactly how close you can cut it.

-It's only this year that number has been so high, and even then, it scaled more towards the end of year as I was crunching.  In other words, if I work non-stop, things tend to be great financially.  If I slow down to a comfortable pace, it can make me concerned.  There hasn't been a lot of in-between!

-The $2 CPM is also very recent and can vary a lot, for most past years it's been more like $1, but it's definitely been higher this year.  I still operate with a "Youtube giveth, Youtube taketh away" mentality and don't assume the higher CPM is permanent.

-I support my wife in addition to myself, she hasn't been able to work for a while now due to her anxieties.

-We have a 3 bedroom apartment actually since I work from home.  One room for me, one for her, and a bedroom.  Rental prices went through the roof in the past couple years, we're talking 20-30% increases year after year prior to the pandemic, it's been insane.  It's still coming out cheaper than USA due to food prices and healthcare coverage, but there are less popular cities in USA that have about the same rent as I do.  I don't know how the hell Polish people make it on average wages.  Finding a place with enough noise isolation for recording can be hell too, I got very lucky with this place, even if it is above average pricing compared to the past.

Edited by Ross Scott (see edit history)

1 hour ago, kerdios said:

in poland?

It will take a lot more to escape the IRS. I might be CIA... but those guys, they scare me
fearnoman.jpg

Edited by Im_CIA (see edit history)