Mystery episode :O

It is certainly not dead. Just go to their community forums.

But I understand where people are coming from. How in the world can they announce a 2009 release date and then delay the mod by another 1.5 years?

I can understand missing a release date, but to miss it by 2 years? Maybe they modified the project somewhat? Or started over? Obviously, I have no idea, but it sounds like a massive project to me.

It is. They set that date to push themselves and when they missed it, they almost completely started over. Improving already made areas drastically. Right now the game is basically done. They're mostly fixing bugs.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

It is. They set that date to push themselves and when they missed it, they almost completely started over. Improving already made areas drastically. Right now the game is basically done. They're mostly fixing bugs.

It would be nice if you could link to this info posted by one of the team members.

It would be nice if you could link to this info posted by one of the team members.

It would be nice if they posted this on an official easy to get access to page that I COULD link to. Sadly I'm forced to take what I've read from them on the subject in their forums. It's not exactly 'common knowledge' either because people won't go look for answers. I can't give you a suitable link because my info comes from the devs on their forums from even years back and I don't really want to fish through dozens of forum pages. Sorry.

i don't care what the mystery episode is as long as it is by ross and i can watch it

Interesting choice of keywords.

^ I'd thought about that as well, but it has a Freeman's Mind setup and I think he'd take a lot more time working on the pilot episode of a new machinima.

Yeah, I'd agree, it's exactly like a Freeman's Mind layout as opposed to one with many bars as seen in 'The Tunnel'.

Maybe Ross got exclusive access to Black Mesa: Source!?

If he did, I'm gonna cry...and it is not of happiness

I hope FM will stay with HL: Source and not go to Black Mesa or it will be completely different.

''Oh, god, my profile name is real mature''

Interesting choice of keywords.

^ I'd thought about that as well, but it has a Freeman's Mind setup and I think he'd take a lot more time working on the pilot episode of a new machinima.

Yeah, I'd agree, it's exactly like a Freeman's Mind layout as opposed to one with many bars as seen in 'The Tunnel'.

Maybe Ross got exclusive access to Black Mesa: Source!?

If he did, I'm gonna cry...and it is not of happiness

I hope FM will stay with HL: Source and not go to Black Mesa or it will be completely different.

different or not, it's still fm

i don't care what the mystery episode is as long as it is by ross and i can watch it

I think you can be pretty sure about both.

Made by Ross, of course.

But that we can watch it, at least within a reasonable timeframe... that's another thing. Machinima.com's doucheness knows no boundaries: they suck the life out of everything they post and replace it with crappy CoD material.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

lol maybe it's the real pilot episode of a Halo series

I dont think it's going to be very long as the filming and dialogue are already done. and it usually takes awhile even for FM

wait I think my point is invalid since the mystery was started 3 days ago

I think you can be pretty sure about both.

Made by Ross, of course.

But that we can watch it, at least within a reasonable timeframe... that's another thing. Machinima.com's doucheness knows no boundaries: they suck the life out of everything they post and replace it with crappy CoD material.

i agree, and to be honest... even though i hope it is, i don't mind it not being FM

I've talked with some of the ex-BMS mappers and basically it would go along the lines of:

"Make ____"

"Okay, here's ____"

"That's not what I wanted. Make it better."

"Okay, how about this?"

"No, but we don't need that area any more, so start on _____"

Basically they would discard enormous amounts of content or make them completely flush their work in lieu of something 'better'. The entire thing is basically second to DNF in terms of team mismanagement.

:/ That would explain a lot. Almost everyone on the BM forums are complete assholes though (including devs) but as far as we know though they're basically done with the whole game. Like I said, they are mostly just fixing bugs. I know this is all off-topic so maybe there should just be a seperate thread talking about BM because I'm actually more interested in what the ex-BM mappers said.

:/ That would explain a lot. Almost everyone on the BM forums are complete assholes though (including devs) but as far as we know though they're basically done with the whole game. Like I said, they are mostly just fixing bugs. I know this is all off-topic so maybe there should just be a seperate thread talking about BM because I'm actually more interested in what the ex-BM mappers said.

There is: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=650

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This may be kinda strange, but I actually want another Halo spoof. The one he made for april fools this year made me laugh. alot... DON'T JUDGE ME!!!!

This may be kinda strange, but I actually want another Halo spoof. The one he made for april fools this year made me laugh. alot... DON'T JUDGE ME!!!!

Everyone cracked up for that one... All that boring pointless nothing, then the perfect ending... I even got my father (who doesn't laugh at anything game related, ever) to chuckle at it.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.