Last Game You Played

Slime Rancher.

Actually beat adventure mode. Despite being told exclusively through email messages and little message terminals around the world it is quite beautiful.

Retired Forum Moderator

It's a destressing game for me. I can't say I find it fun it the traditional sense of a game being fun, but it's a great game for me to take my mind off whatever's bringing me down or wearing me out. It's the most relaxing exploration game I've played and I love all the writing despite there not really being a whole lot of it. I just get absolutely lost in it which is rare for a game to do these days, especially with my ADHD.

Retired Forum Moderator

Completely understandable. In all fairness even I don't much care for heavy reading in games. The reading in Slime Rancher isn't really heavy and feels more like getting letters from an old friend (and in one case, that is exactly it). I guess it helps that all the reading is paced evenly and never more than a 30 second read.

This game just kind of hit a note every other game trying to do the same thing failed to do so. Like, I legit found myself in tears at the very end it was so wonderfully done. A game about hording alien slime and selling their crystallized poop brought me to tears lmao.

As for relaxing games, I'd say...

-Stardew Valley is a good one. It's a farm sim game but it has a mine diving "minigame" that's combat oriented, tho basically so.  But largely it's the whole build up your farm, get married, start a family, etc sort of thing. Person top favorite of mine but again might not be for you. If you've ever played Harvest Mood it's a spiritual successor to that.

-Terraria on regular can be pretty chill once you learn the ropes

-While not inherently the point I find Red Faction Guerrilla a good game to relax to because entire building demolition is really cathartic lol

-Subnautica is a very relaxing game for me so long as I stay away from the dark water lol(ocean phobia)

you can tell from these games I'm largely a fan of tiered progression lol.

All I can think off the top of my head for now. My issue is that a lot of the games I find relaxing are games that aren't inherently so but I've gotten good enough at to just take it easy when I play. Like I could easily throw Path of Exile and Dark Souls 3/Bloodborne on there despite not being games at all meant for relaxing to.

Retired Forum Moderator

The Souls-like games aren't hard. They just punish you for not knowing the thing they wanted you to know, without telling you what it is they wanted you to know.

LGIP: World Of Final Fantasy.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Devil May Cry is the latest game that I am playing. I can't finish it yet since I've been busy for the last couple of days. 

Civ 5. Giving a go at playing a map until completion for the first time...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Sea of Thieves.

Went into arena with a full group of friends. Got first place in 2 matches and second place in 2 matches. The most fun was easily the last one where we got second place but basically pulled off the most wild shit from me accidentally boarding an enemy ship thinking it was ours (and somehow managing to kill all 4 crew members) to swimming treasure to the turn in point because everyone's ship sunk right near the turn in and we wanted those points dammit.

Essentially start to finish was laughing and excited screaming.

Retired Forum Moderator

The Division 2.

Tested my new RX 5700 XT on it. Seems the volumetric fog and/or antialiasing is glitched, as it causes the game to lock to 10 FPS instead of using the full power of the CPU/GPU.

World Of Final Fantasy

I really should play more of Super Mario Maker 2...

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

The Division 2.

Had to reinstall Windows because my <2 month old NVMe died... At least the volumetric fog and antialiasing glitch is gone... Averaging 90 FPS with all settings maxed @1080p.

I've  beaten the main storyline of Knights of Pen and Paper 2. Keep trying to beat the ultimate boss Fifi, almost did it, but Fifi gets me everytime. Just going to finish up the DLC stuff, then go back round to FiFi when I'm like...toting a level 40 party.

Edited by Eshanas (see edit history)

I started Dragon Quest VIII (3DS version) recently. It's my first game in Dragon Quest series and so far I'm not having a good time. Hope it picks up.

Star Trek Online

Since I had to borrow my Dad's laptop to do anything online, and STO was in the last few days of an event, I had to deal with playing it at 0.20 renderscale on a 1600x900 monitor, and barely get 25FPS out of it...

6 hours ago, Psychotic Ninja said:

Okami

Oh, it's a good one. It starts very slowly, but it picks up.