174 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about MLP:FiM

• I like it
    • I dislike it
    • Haven't watched it
    • WTF is this?
    • Neutral

This poll is closed to new votes

So the finale. I can see how this was to be the series finale, and it works as that. As for the season finale, with more episodes to come, it works, just not as well. From the start, I was never a hater of Twilight being an Alicorn/Princess, after watching the episode, I'm still not. Now for those who hate, or are struggling with PTS, one way too look at it is it's like in Final Fantasy 9 (don't worry, I'm not going in great detail, for the haters of the FF series). In mid game Garnet becomes queen, and the players and characters are lead to believe she's going to leave the group forever. Turns out that's not the case, she stays until the end, and Twilight will do the same. With that being the case, I can see how the show will continue.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

BAHAHA! Oh man, they actually ended it with Twilight saying "everything is going to be just fine!" to the camera. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

I loved the music in this episode. I even got a little teary eyed during Celestia's part. There seemed to be quite a lot of it too, more than any other episode I can think of, although I'm certainly not complaining.

As far as Alicorn Twilight goes, I think that this episode did a damn good job of pulling it off. I honestly can't say I have any issue with this. Twilight wasn't made Goddess of Magic or Friendship, she hasn't shown any superpowered magic (yet anyway, I can't say anything for the future), and it certainly makes me think the fandom really flipped their shit without due cause this time. So far the only difference is that she has wings (as far as we know). And she certainly didn't leave her friends or anything, so that's obviously great.

"Liquid Pride". Now there's one I haven't heard before.

What would be cooler though would be if Twilight actually had to learn how to, y'know, fly, being born a unicorn and all. You'd think an episode where RD and Fluttershy try and teach her the ropes would be in the next season. Here's hoping.

If all her friends start bowing to her then it'll just get ridiculous, but I don't think that will happen. Personally, I'm wondering how this will change her relationship with the Princess. Celestia already said that Twilight has sort of 'graduated', but I wonder if she'll really have any role in ruling Equestria? I mean, even Luna doesn't seem to do much, although Cadance is the leader of the Crystal Empire, so there's that. Maybe she'll be the Arch Mage?

3t0sov_zpsc3eb45e7.jpg

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

I liked the episode. It was good. I was excited to see Twilight as an alicorn and they delivered. So...yeah. I got what I expected out of this episode.

Now do Pinkie-centric eppy plz

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Was anyone else a little... unsettled by the ending?

I'm not sure that everything is going to be fine...

Also [Non-spoiler]

vWIJPe912ic

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

JBNDGQETGBUOEGQBUI SO MUCH HAPPENING SO FAST

SONG EVEN BEFORE THE OPENING

ANOTHER SONG RIGHT AWAY

PINKEMINA RETYURNS AND HER HAIR IS SO WELL ANIMATED

ART OF THE DRESS DURING AJ'S PART

VINYL

ANOTHER SONG

THE BOOK FROM THE PREMIERE

CONTINUITY WITH CUTIE POX AND DISCORD

ANOTHER SONG

ENTERS THE VOID

NICOLE OLIVER GETS HER OWN SONG

OH SHIT

OH SHIT

IT'S HAPPENING

OH SHIT

IT HAPPENED

AND "ALICORN" IS CANON

thank you pinkie for giving me time to breath

THE CORONATION CAUSES ME PHYSICAL PAIN

NEW OUTFITS

MOMMA SPARKLE AND DAD SPARKLE

I SPOT CRYSTAL PONIES

ANOTHER GOD DAMNED SONG

All in all though

The episode as a whole was a mixed bag. Way, way too little humor, but only because they had to zoom along (I'm sure it was supposed to be an hour long), and the cutie mark switch around could have been looked at more in depth.

Hearing her referred to as princess makes me cringe. Her being an equal despite being the leader was something I hadn't considered, and it has gone completely out the window. The equality of races as well has been thrown out the window, but adding a unicorn this late would be weird. I can deal with Twilight being near-god in power (she's always been OP), but having flowers thrown at her and giving public speeches means she can't even pretend to be normal. Wings and power is fine, but complete change in social status is weird. I really need to see the wings play out in season four, and I predict them going away or becoming less revered.

And am I the only one curious what Cadence did to earn the power? What magic did she invent?

Thank you, ninja, for helping me through this though. Derpy is back, even if just for an episode, and if only to help us calm down.

EDIT: Derpy winks! And I checked, it's right before Shining Armor enters.

hB6BDC727

EDIT2: Oh god so many things on MLB, but the important one is that Meghan Mccarthy called the finale a three-parter with season four's first two episodes.

EDIT3: Also Lyra does her hop thing. Also Doc Whooves switches cutie marks as well.

EDIT4: mmmandarinorange just posted about how Twilight floating in space then ebing shown clips from episodes of her being awesome is just like The stars will aide in her escape. I'm inclined to agree.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"

Is anyone else, besides me, disappointed that my prediction wasn't correct? Whatever, I'm still holding out hope that next season Twilight is just going to be all kinds of evil.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

Speaking of fanfics the next chapter of fallout Equestrea project horizons is out

Dear god, the bad guys are learning! They had a sob story ready this time!

Jesus, never has a fic this fucked up been so hilarious at the same time. This is why I keep reading it even though the chapters are 30,000 words each.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

Writing an essay. Hope my English teacher likes last minutes essays that rambles on about ponies.