174 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about MLP:FiM

• I like it
    • I dislike it
    • Haven't watched it
    • WTF is this?
    • Neutral

This poll is closed to new votes

Wasn't there some kind of explanation on why they did this back when My Little Pony Online bit the dust? You know, something about how if they find out about something like this they legally have to stop it or something. I think it was because of how patents work.

Yes, in fairness, I seem to recall reading something about how trademarks have to be enforced, otherwise they could be considered void. It's stupid, I know, but I suppose in a way they kind of have to do this.

Still sucks though.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

Let's all forget about that for a little bit and enjoy the newest episode, okay?

It was alright. Nothing spectacular but nothing actually bad.

The parallel story line with last week's episode was pulled off nicely.

I'm glad they didn't wait to reveal that they got the wrong mare. We all knew what was happening, and they acknowledged that.

Claustrophobia can now be added to the list of more mature topics added to the show.

I like the laser they shoot into the sky at the end, it makes sense given their happiness-powered castle.

The ending was too abrupt and relied on watching the last episode.

And one more thing:

We now have proof that yes, pegasi DO have parents!

h57DDB9FB

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"

That's the most unoriginal design for Rainbow's dad, by the way.

Related to Rainbow Dash? Eh, fuck it, just give him the same hair. Nobody'll care.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Maybe it's just cause I'm new to the fandom, but I don't see what else could they have done. Other than personality, eye and skin color, there isn't much I can think of, and it seems that he didn't play a major part in this episode, so it may be revealed later. (don't have cable, haven't seen it) I'm so behind in everything it's not even funny. So Twilight Alicorn is not happening? Wrong pony? What's Fighting is Magic? Who is Princess Cadence? I'm so confuzzled!

That's the most unoriginal design for Rainbow's dad, by the way.

Related to Rainbow Dash? Eh, fuck it, just give him the same hair. Nobody'll care.

Would you rather have the potential dad look nothing like Rainbow Dash? Also Shiny took the words right out of me.

Edit:

h5760D72B

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Would you rather have the potential dad look nothing like Rainbow Dash? Also Shiny took the words right out of me.

I wouldn't really care, to be honest. You could always say she got her looks from her mom. It just seems a little weak to say 'Rainbow's dad/brother/any kind of relative? Just give him the same hair!' I mean, look at Twlight's parents. Or Rarity's parents. You can tell they're related, but they have their own distinctive style. Not just a colt body with Rainbow's mane. Granted, however, he wasn't there for very long so it'd be little useless to make a whole style for him just for one scene. I just don't want this to be the norm now where they don't take the time for anything.

A few rumors have been going around that the mare to RD's left is the mother, though the only similarity is the eye color, which is only mostly the same.

I don't think so, I think RD didn't spend a lot of time with her mother and was mostly razed by her dad, it would explane why she is such a Tom boy.

non-euclidean fuck machine

I wouldn't really care, to be honest. You could always say she got her looks from her mom. It just seems a little weak to say 'Rainbow's dad/brother/any kind of relative? Just give him the same hair!' I mean, look at Twlight's parents. Or Rarity's parents. You can tell they're related, but they have their own distinctive style. Not just a colt body with Rainbow's mane. Granted, however, he wasn't there for very long so it'd be little useless to make a whole style for him just for one scene. I just don't want this to be the norm now where they don't take the time for anything.

You say you "wouldn't really care" and yet you get a bit pissy over the pony that looks like RD. Also, why couldn't she get her looks from her dad?

Look, I wasn't getting pissy. I was expressing my opinion that just giving him the same hair was lazy design. I'm not mad about it. Hell, I even gave a good reason as to why they wouldn't want to design him fully. If I came on more upset than I really was, sorry. Blame non-emotive text boxes.

EDIT: Okay. NOW I'm pissed.

http://www.mane6.com/2013/02/not-all-wonder-is-endless.html

I... Um. Er.

Okay.

HmLNB.gif

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

Rub a dub dub, three men in a tub, and who do you think they beeeeee...oh, right. This is the pony thread. 'sup guys. Just dropping in.

So uh...I haven't watched any of the new episodes since Wonderbolt Academy. Methinks I should catch up. or should I? Maybe not. Who knows. Or perhaps someone does in fact know. Only time will tell.

mlfw7937-tumblr_ma61l7ImcF1rcjmu8o1_500.gif

Skip the Discord episode. I forget if Wonderbolt Academy was before that, but skip it, anyway. It suuuucks.

Chuck, don't listen to Pinkie Pie here, I say watch it. Who knows you just might enjoy it, like they say, you never know until you try.

But you probably won't.

Watch it if you want, but it's one of the most rushed pieces of crap I've ever had the displeasure of viewing. There's some cute moments but a lot of it is just strange abrupt character changes that you don't get much time to dwell on. Even for a thirty minute TV show.