• I like it
    • I dislike it
    • Haven't watched it
    • WTF is this?
    • Neutral

This poll is closed to new votes

Come on dude, at least link to a 1080p version for HD ponies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiWmGnXvOR8

I didn't think a person that's never seen the show before would bother with HD, I thought it would be better to link him to the more viewed version.

AngrytigerP is such a cool guy, MLP in 1080? Hell yes.
I think Youtube is a pretty cool guy. eh uploads ponies and doesn’t afraid of anything

I think PaperbatVG is a pretty cool guy.

Streaming Ponies in 1080p for his Champs and Champettes

Banning the haters from the stream chat.

It was so funny though. You see he had liked pony videos and everyone(everyone who didn't like ponies) thought he was trolling his subs. Then people clicked on the link on his facebook only to see him watching Ponies. General reactions: WHY PBAT!? WTF IS THIS! FAG! followed by a ban.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

I firmly respect the decision of most people to be immediately turned off the show from just watching the pilot. I've never thought that the argument, "it takes a while to get into it!" holds water. Even if the beginning is horrible and the rest is good, it's still mediocre at best. As Yahtzee said, "You know when you play Guitar Hero, and you're given a fail if you play badly for long enough for the crowd reaction to sink below the red? You don't get to play the rest of the song, and you don't get any points based on how well you might, potentially, have played it. I use the same approach for reviewing...if I'm fed up to the back teeth, out...you go. No buts. No reprieves. No more of it for me." Insulting people that like it for liking it is still uncalled for.

That being said, in flanksight, I liked both parts of the pilot.

Twilight is too superficial, IMO. She pretends to be perfect and has this smug sense of superiority over all the other ponies; on the other hand, everyone has their flaws. At least Rainbow Dash will admit she thinks she's better than everyone else in things at which she's generally good. Rainbow Dash is the most honest and candid pony--that's something I respect e.g. when Rarity presented all the dresses, Rainbow Dash was the only one honest enough to say anything (even if she was wrong); she said what they were all to scared and "polite" to say.
Strange, I was under the impression that being polite was a good thing. I think of her as indifferent and egotistical, not honest.

5849188876_d49d0b5767_z.jpg

Strange, and I was under the impression that the theme of the letter to the princess in episode 24 was that honesty is a virtue.

Thanks for the picture though; you guys know me too well. :lol:

So you don't consider stubbornness to be a strong enough character flaw in Applejack?

It can be, but it can also be an extremely strong virtue. I find the latter is true most of the time.

The war is over, rejoice in the goodness that is peace.

Hi Friend.

I watched it all, I like it more now D:

huzzah, Jexius joins our ranks!

Too bad the war's likely over, plus he wouldn't ban us anti-Bronies without a good reason. :mrgreen:

And he said he likes it MORE. He was speaking relatively.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

I watched it all, I like it more now D:

huzzah, Jexius joins our ranks!

Too bad the war's likely over, plus he wouldn't ban us anti-Bronies without a good reason. :mrgreen:

And he said he likes it MORE. He was speaking relatively.

He doesn't have to be a brony if he doesn't want too.

Hi Friend.

Now that there is peace, we can enjoy both cupcakes and bacon. Now let's talk about what we learned about ourselves and each other.

I learned that I found My Little Pony interesting to read into far more than the stories usually suggested.

• For example, Spike demonstrates that dragons in MLP are likely omnivorous lithivores. They are capable of eating many different things, but their diets rely on minerals or metals. Evidenced by his body chemistry being very satisfied with the eating of gemstones, the components of vegatable foods being edible but disgusting to him (much like how humans do enjoy sour compounds, but drinking vinegar is not very popular) and higher carbohydrates acting like minor poisons (which would explain how he got drunk off of doughnuts).

I also learned that both sides Brony and Anti-brony are far more meek than you'd think, and that Epsilon sort of has anger issues, but the two of us have been talking about that.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Dear Princess Celestia

Now that there is peace, we can enjoy both cupcakes and bacon. Now let's talk about what we learned about ourselves and each other.

I learned that I found My Little Pony interesting to read into far more than the stories usually suggested.

• For example, Spike demonstrates that dragons in MLP are likely omnivorous lithivores. They are capable of eating many different things, but their diets rely on minerals or metals. Evidenced by his body chemistry being very satisfied with the eating of gemstones, the components of vegatable foods being edible but disgusting to him (much like how humans do enjoy sour compounds, but drinking vinegar is not very popular) and higher carbohydrates acting like minor poisons (which would explain how he got drunk off of doughnuts).

I also learned that both sides Brony and Anti-brony are far more meek than you'd think, and that Epsilon sort of has anger issues, but the two of us have been talking about that.

Your Faithful Student,

Blue

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

+rep for Blue

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article is about the legendary creature. For other uses, see Dragon (disambiguation).

A dragon is a legendary creature, typically with serpentine or otherwise reptilian traits, that feature in the myths of many cultures.

There are two distinct cultural traditions of dragons: the European dragon, derived from European folk traditions and ultimately related to Greek and Middle Eastern mythologies, and the Chinese dragon, with counterparts in Japan, Korea and other East Asian countries. The two traditions may have evolved separately, but have influenced each to a certain extent, particularly with the cross-cultural contact of recent centuries. The English word "dragon" derives from Greek δράκων (drákōn), "dragon, serpent of huge size, water-snake", which probably comes from the verb δρακεῖν (drakeîn) "to see clearly".[1]

---

This is directed to blue, Wikipedia may not be the most reliable source but blue (and Lauren Faust) got quite a few things about dragons wrong.

What I mean by this is there are different types of dragons, Not all of them eat minerals and metals and what not.

The way blue said it made it sound like it was about all dragons.

Sorry to bring my Mythological knowledge up into this.

Also known as "Username"

This article is about the legendary creature. For other uses, see Dragon (disambiguation).

A dragon is a legendary creature, typically with serpentine or otherwise reptilian traits, that feature in the myths of many cultures.

There are two distinct cultural traditions of dragons: the European dragon, derived from European folk traditions and ultimately related to Greek and Middle Eastern mythologies, and the Chinese dragon, with counterparts in Japan, Korea and other East Asian countries. The two traditions may have evolved separately, but have influenced each to a certain extent, particularly with the cross-cultural contact of recent centuries. The English word "dragon" derives from Greek δράκων (drákōn), "dragon, serpent of huge size, water-snake", which probably comes from the verb δρακεῖν (drakeîn) "to see clearly".[1]

---

This is directed to blue, Wikipedia may not be the most reliable source but blue (and Lauren Faust) got quite a few things about dragons wrong.

dragons being mythical, non existent creatures makes it rather hard to "get quite a few things about dragons wrong." Sure there are traditional dragons which these differ from but it happens all the time. hell, zombies never even used to be undead corpses walking the earth and vampires are always changing.

Retired Forum Moderator

---

dragons being mythical, non existent creatures makes it rather hard to "get quite a few things about dragons wrong." Sure there are traditional dragons which these differ from but it happens all the time. hell, zombies never even used to be undead corpses walking the earth and vampires are always changing.

Which is why I don't count zombies as mythological creatures.

Vampires are already out of my list of favorite mythology creatures:

Dragons

Unicorns

Pegasi

Phoenixes

Vampires (Removed)

Rocs

Giants

Merpeople

Wyrms

Also known as "Username"

dragons being mythical, non existent creatures makes it rather hard to "get quite a few things about dragons wrong."

Or are they.

Hi Friend.

dragons being mythical, non existent creatures makes it rather hard to "get quite a few things about dragons wrong."

Or are they.

As far as we know. but until we find one, my statement stands.

Retired Forum Moderator