174 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about MLP:FiM

• I like it
    • I dislike it
    • Haven't watched it
    • WTF is this?
    • Neutral

This poll is closed to new votes

The art styles adorable but I...just...can't bring myself to watch it. Maybe I'm too straight. Any tips?
Watch the first few episodes as a joke, laugh at how we watch it. If you still don't like it after the pilot and episode 3 then you're in the clear from us.
Since when did the amount of posts you create determine your Intelligent? :ugeek::roll:

(Minimal posting of ponies outside the MLP:FiM thread)

I'm afraid you're misinformed. :D

Why do I like this show so much? I don't know; I wouldn't say it's on the same enjoyment level on Spongebob. Don't get me wrong, Spongebob is still hilarious (at times) to this day. I hold My Little Pony higher than Spongebob or the Fairly Odd Parents. I think it's the characters: they're well rounded and they're not archetypes. I think maybe they're TOO likeable.

I think I got it; it makes me feel good to watch it.

For season 2, I really hope they don't start pandering to their internet fans e.g. I don't want to see Rainbow Dash say something needs to be 20% cooler. What I wouldn't have a problem with is a single (no more) obscure internet reference e.g. Princess Celestia asks Twilight to do something--she's hesitant, so Celestia leans forward, grins (but not an out of character grin) and says: "Problem, Twilight?". That might be pushing it a bit too. Do not, for the love of god, have Rainbow Dash fly across the screen while their own rendition of the Nyan Cat song plays.

EDIT: Alphabet, LOVE the new avatar. I wish I could Photoshop well--I also wish I could AFFORD Photoshop.

Watch the first few episodes as a joke, laugh at how we watch it. If you still don't like it after the pilot and episode 3 then you're in the clear from us.

I disagree; feel free to put down the show whenever it becomes unbearable. I don't award merit to a show based on how POTENTIALLY good it could have been. That's like giving a mark in school based on how will the student could have potentially done.

I like how first few episodes on Youtube are people wondering why they're watching it and/or questioning their sexuality, then by episodes 5 or 6 they usually just say "fuck it, I give up." and keep watching. That's how you know it's a good show. XD

Aaaaand I just completed yet another watch through. Why ist their not moar?!

Retired Forum Moderator

I like how first few episodes on Youtube are people wondering why they're watching it and/or questioning their sexuality, then by episodes 5 or 6 they usually just say "fuck it, I give up." and keep watching. That's how you know it's a good show. XD

Aaaaand I just completed yet another watch through. Why ist their not moar?!

Because it's not December yet...

I said "Fuck it, I give up" on episode 4, actually. :lol:

I watched it on HUB on demand yesterday when I lost my PC.

Also known as "Username"

I think with the way things are going (mostly) I should have a pretty awesome Christmas/Winter wrap up. A new book in a series I love, a new computer and advanced physics classes, but more importantly PONIES!!

For season 2, I really hope they don't start pandering to their internet fans e.g. I don't want to see Rainbow Dash say something needs to be 20% cooler. What I wouldn't have a problem with is a single (no more) obscure internet reference e.g. Princess Celestia asks Twilight to do something--she's hesitant, so Celestia leans forward, grins (but not an out of character grin) and says: "Problem, Twilight?". That might be pushing it a bit too. Do not, for the love of god, have Rainbow Dash fly across the screen while their own rendition of the Nyan Cat song plays.
I couldn't agree more with you, but I don't think that will happen. It didn't happen in the later season 1 episodes and hopefully whoever's in charge now has the common sense to simply continue what they were doing before. I think I would kill myself if Rainbow dash started using "%20 cooler" as a catch phrase though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPxY8lpYAUM
EDIT: Alphabet, LOVE the new avatar. I wish I could Photoshop well--I also wish I could AFFORD Photoshop.
Thanks but I only used GIMP, it's free and I had no idea how to use it when I started about two days ago. I got Axeldeath to help me by extracting Rainbow Dash originally but as it turns out I didn't need it in the first place. I've been having fun with my Facebook profile picture too.

Yeah but these aren't just random fans, they're animators from the show... who just happen to be fans of the show they make.

Which is a good thing. If the maker of a show is neither proud of what they make or they do not enjoy it, it does not bode well for the show.

One of the reasons why Pixar makes great movies is that Pixar employees absolutely love their jobs, for example.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

What about it?

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.