Regarding the Machinima.com complaints

I noticed some regularity in FM releases so let's just chill out for now... ;)

Last three episodes of FM should make us much more calm...

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

If Gordon Freeman can be unconscious for a few weeks so can we, now everyone shut up 'bout it!

The only thing more retarded than raging about Machinima.com being slow, is being an apologist about it.

Yeah that means you, OP.

Nobody wants to see more bitching about how long it's taking. We get it already.

All the same, nobody also wants to hear ridiculous reasons of why we should all be holding hands and singing praises about it, 'because it could be worse'. It once took me three weeks to get my hot water fixed. Does that mean that if my hot water goes out for only two weeks next time, I shouldn't complain about it until the third week? Derp.

Here's how I see it:

1) Ross said he can crank out an FM episode in just a few days - two, maybe three was his estimate. It *is* just about 7 minutes of audio that he's dealing with.

2) We love FM and have been starved for it as of late. Otherwise we wouldn't be here.

3) Machinima.com exists in the business of uploading these videos, and Ross has to use them in order to get anything out of the vids.

4) Machinima.com not uploading the videos is like a service station putting your car on the lift and leaving it there for the week without working on it. We lose, they lose, Ross loses, what the fuck is the point?

Just because it took unreasonable amounts of time between episodes in the past doesn't change the fact that the videos are ready *now*, and the company whose ENTIRE EXISTENCE REVOLVES AROUND UPLOADING YOUTUBE VIDEOS, is not uploading the videos.

Therefore, I think it's a fair complaint.

Cue negative rep avalanche for not being a 'glass is half full' lemming.

The only thing more retarded than raging about Machinima.com being slow, is being an apologist about it.

Yeah that means you, OP.

Nobody wants to see more bitching about how long it's taking. We get it already.

All the same, nobody also wants to hear ridiculous reasons of why we should all be holding hands and singing praises about it, 'because it could be worse'. It once took me three weeks to get my hot water fixed. Does that mean that if my hot water goes out for only two weeks next time, I shouldn't complain about it until the third week? Derp.

Here's how I see it:

1) Ross said he can crank out an FM episode in just a few days - two, maybe three was his estimate. It *is* just about 7 minutes of audio that he's dealing with.

2) We love FM and have been starved for it as of late. Otherwise we wouldn't be here.

3) Machinima.com exists in the business of uploading these videos, and Ross has to use them in order to get anything out of the vids.

4) Machinima.com not uploading the videos is like a service station putting your car on the lift and leaving it there for the week without working on it. We lose, they lose, Ross loses, what the fuck is the point?

Just because it took unreasonable amounts of time between episodes in the past doesn't change the fact that the videos are ready *now*, and the company whose ENTIRE EXISTENCE REVOLVES AROUND UPLOADING YOUTUBE VIDEOS, is not uploading the videos.

Therefore, I think it's a fair complaint.

Cue negative rep avalanche for not being a 'glass is half full' lemming.

As I said, I understand very much the reason for the complaints, hence why I edited my first post to sound less bitchy. I just disagree with them personally and I see no point in being impatient.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I can just hear Wheatly saying "It is literally your only purpose! Uploading videos! How can you not do the one thing you were designed for?"

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Perhaps because they only get so many videos and they're trying to stretch them out so as to keep fresh content being constantly and consistently delivered on a daily basis?

That's harder than you might think, you know. Youtube LPers do it all the time, for instance, stretching out their LPs over weeks or even months depending upon how many parts there are to them, because they can only produce so much. Machinima produces more and delivers more content per day but the idea is the same, because they can only get so much content, so they have to stretch it out.

I am a lady, and I wish to be addressed as such.

That is why it's nice when you have some Machinima producers who are so successful they rely free of Machinima.com, such as Rooster teeth.

Yeah, that's the same problem. People are putting it much more elegantly than I could have. I think, when the episodes of Freeman's Mind were far and few in between, it made sense for them to be uploaded low priority. In fact, it seemed like it did get released when it was finished, probably because it being finished coincided with Machinima's schedule. But now they're being cranked out faster, and, to put it bluntly, it's pissing people off (myself included) to see that a new episode is ready but Machinima delays it for other videos.

However, it's the basic human tendency to blame someone else. But even then, no one really blamed Ross when there were large delays between episodes because, hey, he's got more important stuff to do, and that's easy to understand. Likewise, it's easy to get upset at a bigger channel like Machinima because "they're the ones who's sole job it is to upload videos." I always try to look at both sides.

And as said by others, they're a big channel with lots of game videos to attract a broad audience, and them uploading the "popular stuff" can draw more users to Freeman's Mind. Because then they can browse through, look at some episodes, and get hooked to that or Civil Protection.

But they do seem to be uploading the episodes sooner. Maybe because they got sick of complaints, or maybe because the "Progress bar" is only being changed to "finished and uploaded" when Machinima puts the episode up.

Maybe they were going through a slow phase or something and they're returning to their normal faster way of uploading stuff.

That's also a possibility. Didn't think of that one.

Dude did you read the first post? I believe they said that the main reason it is annoying is that people keep making more threads that need to be converged. I don't imagine that takes for than a few clicks to do but on the 10 millionth time doing it, it gets pretty damn annoying, particularly when there is nothing really of value inside.

Don't get me wrong, I have a special place in hell reserved right next to my apartment overlooking the lava pit for machinima. But 10 pages of complaint is a bit much.

Wowwww....

The original post was edited, it was way longer before and there is no way I would have made that post for that OP.

Also this thread was stickied before and even deleted before before being brought back. Guess she had to delete it, think of a way to change her post, then undeleted it or whatever. Pathetic.

Actually I only changed the title and stickied it, the thread was never deleted at all, so please check the facts before you come with such statements.

And I changed the post because I changed my mind a bit. I guess I can relate to the complaints in a way. Basically I wanted to endorse people to try and stay on topic, and I think I came off as a bit whiny and bitchy, which I don't want to.

If it wasn't deleted, then I must have just not found it. My mistake.

But you admitting that you changed the post is pretty half decent of you. Now please do the other half and apologize for making me look like an ass. As silly as my name is, I don't appreciate being made to look bad like that.

:(

If it wasn't deleted, then I must have just not found it. My mistake.

But you admitting that you changed the post is pretty half decent of you. Now please do the other half and apologize for making me look like an ass. As silly as my name is, I don't appreciate being made to look bad like that.

:(

The only way you're making an ass of yourself is by making a fuss over nothing! Alyxx has no need to apologise. :)

Now stop this nonsense and just move along. It's plain common sense that we don't want millions of threads complaining about the same thing clogging up the Freeman's Mind section, some of them more offensive than others. All people need is a little patience. ^^

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

no more complaints i didn't even notice that episode 35 was GREEN! but machinima have let it out already, i think the delay was for e3

It's fine if you want to be laid back about the issue, but don't defend machinima. They seem to be regularly waiting until the next friday to upload each episode. I'd understand if the episode was honestly being put through the normal queue, and it just took a while, but intentionally holding an episode is pretty annoying.

It's fine if you want to be laid back about the issue, but don't defend machinima. They seem to be regularly waiting until the next friday to upload each episode. I'd understand if the episode was honestly being put through the normal queue, and it just took a while, but intentionally holding an episode is pretty annoying.

Well, yes, I see your point. I just think that people are making too much of a fuzz about it.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com