Regarding the Machinima.com complaints

Ross has a life outside of FM and CP, that's why he cant do one every day.

Are you sure? It seems like Ross is just constantly working on videos all the time constantly, a trait that I admire about him because it shows he's a really hard worker. But I'm sure he does do other thing. He needs a vacation tbh. :/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

It seems to me like only the moderator here is the one who is bothered by the complaining and made a rule about it.

Can we get a weigh-in on this issue from Ross himself, to see if he's actually bothered by it? For all we know he's a little more lax on people's complaining.

Dude did you read the first post? I believe they said that the main reason it is annoying is that people keep making more threads that need to be converged. I don't imagine that takes for than a few clicks to do but on the 10 millionth time doing it, it gets pretty damn annoying, particularly when there is nothing really of value inside.

Don't get me wrong, I have a special place in hell reserved right next to my apartment overlooking the lava pit for machinima. But 10 pages of complaint is a bit much.

Heh, i tried to tell people that Machinima isn't "evil doom murderdeathkill corporation M" , and my rep instantly went down by 3. I guess i just rub people the wrong way?

Heh, i tried to tell people that Machinima isn't "evil doom murderdeathkill corporation M" , and my rep instantly went down by 3. I guess i just rub people the wrong way?

You don't rub me the wrong way, but then I seem to be contrary to the majority opinion as well.

I'm in agreement with Alyxx. I mean yeah, sure, I get a little annoyed too by the wait when they have it and just aren't releasing it, but I'm not about to go around complaining about everything either. It's not productive. There are other things to life than Freeman's Mind.

I am a lady, and I wish to be addressed as such.

Dude did you read the first post? I believe they said that the main reason it is annoying is that people keep making more threads that need to be converged. I don't imagine that takes for than a few clicks to do but on the 10 millionth time doing it, it gets pretty damn annoying, particularly when there is nothing really of value inside.

Don't get me wrong, I have a special place in hell reserved right next to my apartment overlooking the lava pit for machinima. But 10 pages of complaint is a bit much.

Thanks for understanding. I appreciate it.

Let me recap, the main point of frustration is that people are acting like whiny brats and it gets old real fast. Last year we had to wait like 6 months between each FM episode, and then I could really relate to people's frustration. I just want people to be thankful they are coming out so frequently now. At the most I've waited 14 days, which is nothing to me compared to what it used to be.

Bottom line, it used to be a lot worse and it can get worse again.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Thanks Alyxx(Hope I spelled your username right). But go head and spoil it for me.I don't really care because I'm not getting HL any time soon. ;)

DaFreeman

I always understood why people were irritated when an episode had been in production for ages and was now finished but machinima delay it, but now we are getting freeman's mind on essentially a bi-weekly basis it just seems childish

When I ordered stuff from the Valve store, it took a few weeks to get to me (Valve store = America, Me = UK)

I bought tickets to a Jonathan Coulton concert sometime in May, when the concert is in June.

When I go on holiday, the plane/ferry/Eurostar doesn't magically teleport to my intended destination.

I've spend a lot of time in my life waiting. I've gotten used to it. I feel sorry for those who haven't.

Think of it like wine.

There is an initial delay, however assuming the delay is constant and episodes are produced regularly, eventually you will be getting episodes roughly as quickly as they are produced.

Also, this thread kinda took me off guard, when I read the subject I was expecting something right out of the deletion quality forums. Aggravated moderator passing out bans to roughly every other person who posts. You seem to be a surprisingly good moderator for some random Internet community, Alyxx, and I think its safe to say iv seen a lot of those at this point.

Obviously the reason I'm surprised is because I just signed up here.

Regardless.

I find it amusing that this is a thread where people complain about people complaining :D

I could complain about people complaining that people are complaining to much :mrgreen:

I like recursive humor... :lol:

Ehm... sorry. :? Carry on.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

I don't complain about the week or so it takes Machinima to upload a video. But it is extremely annoying, it would be nice if everyone that goes here to be as patient as Alyxx, if it was realistic. But Machinima atleast has an unbiased uploading schedule, I mean. Where else will the 11 year olds get their Call of Duty killstreak videos?

I find it amusing that this is a thread where people complain about people complaining :D

I could complain about people complaining that people are complaining to much :mrgreen:

I like recursive humor... :lol:

Ehm... sorry. :? Carry on.

You just made me realize how ironic this topic is. XD

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I am personally grateful for how fast he's working on these. That's not my problem, he's working plenty fast enough for me.

My problem is there is such a delay between when he finishes them and when we get to see them. As others have said, they do upload other stuff and people obviously enjoy them because of how many views they get. It's just that they seem to have those on such a higher priority than Freeman's Mind and other works by Ross. Before Episode 33 came out, he had already uploaded 35 to them by the time 33 was released. It's like you're at a deli and they make you wait around for 2 hours waiting for them to serve you your sandwich when you can see it sitting on their cutting board, all finished and polished and everything.

I don't have that much of a problem with it because I have a ridiculous amount of patience and can wait for it easily, it just feels kind of insulting, you know?