Freeman's Amnesia

It caught me odd that he didn't even joke or quip at how one of the men on the team was so paranoid about a Resonance Cascade, which it is inferred that Freeman knows what it is.

I agree that it would have been pretty funny for him to say something about how was scientist had been really worried about a Resonate's Cascade and that he was paranoid to think that something so absurd could happen but Ross would probably see that as breaking the fourth wall or something.

Though I personally think the amnesia is already starting to get old, having been in the past two episodes. I don't really like how slow and gradual Freeman is remembering what happened. Usually when people get amnesia something they do or see will remind them of what they forgot and trigger an instant recall of all of it. That would be better just because it could give Freeman a chance to react more strongly to something which I haven't really seen in the past two episodes.

Freeman is lucky he's remembering at all.

I think it'd be pretty hard to permanetly forget a Resonates Cascade, Giant Tentacle Alien, Giant Flamethrower Alien, Giant Shark Alien, Launching A Missile, and Being Wanted By Military!!! That's not the kind of thing one can forget easily, even with temporary amnesia.

Except that the strength or impact of an event is irrelevant to how the brain stores the memory. The brain doesn't work that way.

I am a lady, and I wish to be addressed as such.

I think he is going to end up with one of those alien weapons, and then the situation ends up reminding him of something, and then he starts remembering everything over a minute or so.

Wait, does Gordon get any alien weapons in Half Life? I'm talking about the aliens that stick to his arm and are somehow usable as a weapon.

I think he is going to end up with one of those alien weapons, and then the situation ends up reminding him of something, and then he starts remembering everything over a minute or so.

Wait, does Gordon get any alien weapons in Half Life? I'm talking about the aliens that stick to his arm and are somehow usable as a weapon.

I think he will get that bee shooting thingy somewhere along the way.

Later in the game you can get the Hivehand.

Hivehand_w.jpg

I'm actually surprised he didn't run into the barnacle tongue when he goes for the glock

he somehow knew to not touch them...strange

he somehow knew to not touch them...strange

Would you touch the snot hanging from some unknown animal if you could help it?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I believe he's starting to get his memory back...

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

Except that the strength or impact of an event is irrelevant to how the brain stores the memory. The brain doesn't work that way.

Yeah that's true, but the fact that he can still remember vague things like, "I seem to remember alot of gunfire yesterday", or, "I feel like this isn't the first time I've handled a gun", makes it frustrating that he can't remember anything else.

Ok, maybe it's not completely realistic, but neither is Half Life, and remembering it all at once would allow Freeman to have a stronger (and probably funnier) reaction, which I haven't really seen since he got the amnesia.

Wait, Gordon never charged his armor. In the earlier episodes he did pick it up but he didn't charge it or even use one of those medikit wall panels.

I'm hoping when he is bleeding and stuff he runs over to one and tries to pull it off and instead he cries something to the effect, "Hey!! Don't Stick me full of .... holy shit! I'm high!" Then wondering what the other panel does.

I honestly don't see this version of Gordon ever picking up the alien gun. Would you pick up what looks like someone else's arm/hand and shove that onto your hand?

Would you pick up what looks like someone else's arm/hand and shove that onto your hand?

I think you underestimate me and my ability to disgust greatly...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I honestly don't see this version of Gordon ever picking up the alien gun. Would you pick up what looks like someone else's arm/hand and shove that onto your hand?

I can, however, see this version of Gordon having an alien leap ass-first onto his arm and flipping a shit about it until he realizes it's a weapon that can shoot around corners and has infinite ammo.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.