Ross, please don't neglect Civil Protection...

Sign in to follow this  

Ross, we won't be mad at you if you choose to not put out a Freeman's Mind every week and choose to work on Civil Protection. You're the creator and the artist, you shouldn't let your "fans" tell you what to make (ironically, if you don't WANT to work on Civil Protection, I'm way out of line lol)

You took three years to make the last episode; it was worth every second. You should make what you want to make and don't let people tell you how to create.

Everyone else, post here if you agree. Or disagree, to generate discussion.

You took three years to make the last episode; it was worth every second.

I don't know about that.

But I don't think that Ross will "neglect" civil protection like he is for long. He's just trying to shut up the complainers for a while.

I do disagree. He spent forever on CP with very few FM episodes, now he's working fully on FM for the time being and I'm fine with that.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

You took three years to make the last episode; it was worth every second. You should make what you want to make and don't let people tell you how to create.

That's true. Do what do you want, because you're doing it good. Don't be like George Lucas :geek:

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

As long as I have a steady stream of Ross Scott machinima, I'm happy. Freeman's Mind or Civil Protection, they're both absolutely amazing and I'm happy as long as either or both keep getting produced.

Good work Ross!

Ross, we won't be mad at you if you choose to not put out a Freeman's Mind every week and choose to work on Civil Protection. You're the creator and the artist, you shouldn't let your "fans" tell you what to make (ironically, if you don't WANT to work on Civil Protection, I'm way out of line lol)

Everyone else, post here if you agree. Or disagree, to generate discussion.

Well I don't think it was quite three years...

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I'm enjoying the steady stream of FM, I'm sure Ross will eventually get back to CP but I don't think you need to start complaining about it already Michael.

I'm not complaining at all. All I'm saying is that Ross should work on what he wants to work on and not what we (the community) wants him to work on.

He neglected FM for CP for a while....

Did you forget that?

It takes only a few days to make FM episodes says Ross Scott on that interview by machinima, but it takes CP a few years (Source SDK is too damn hard)...

Neglecting CP for a while isn't that bad, right?

He's probably thinking of another episode for CP.

So I disagree.

I don't think the fans should be able to tell Ross what to work on, however, I do believe he should take into consideration what the fans want. Otherwise he probably wouldn't have any fans. There needs to be a balance.

I don't see any point in worrying about it at all. He'll make what he makes, and we'll all enjoy it.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

The Tunnel took 3 years because of tons of problems regarding animation and the Source engine and because a lot of people let him down in the process.

I don't think he is neglecting Civil Protection. In fact, I bet he is preparing for another episode. Freeman's Mind is just to hold us over, I'd guess. It's perfect as fan-food because it's relatively easy to make.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I don’t know when the next episode of FM will be completed since I want to catch up on subtitles, website improvements, responding to emails, bug hunting on the Source engine, getting more video formats available, and at least getting STARTED on the next CP episode.

hope that helps.

Civil Protection is after all, what he said he enjoys working on most. I doubt he's ever going to intentionally neglect it if he can help it.

Retired Forum Moderator

Hurp a Durp.

It seems a lot of people think that I want Ross to work on Civil Protection. I'm not.

I want him to work on whatever he wants to work on. If he wants to work on FM, then that's great. If he wants to work on CP, then that's also great.

I do think CP needs a new episode eventually, but I disagree with The Tunnel being worth the three years it took to make. The Tunnel was good but it was not worth three years of work by a long shot. Most of Ross's CP episode don't take a fraction as long as The Tunnel, and while The Tunnel was a very good CP episode, they don't need to be that complex if they're going to take three years to make. Now Ross had some problems with the animation and etc, so I know making an episode of similar caliber would not take nearly as long, but seeing as he has already begun brainstorming for the next episode, I'm hoping it won't take more than 9 months at the longest to make, because Freman's Mind can't be neglected either.

Remember, he told us it wasn't worth it, but that he wanted to finish it. Civil Protection will be updated with new videos. It is a game of patience with Ross, and we must understand that. We don't know much about his life outside of machinima anyway.