Freeman's reaction to the gonarch.

Sign in to follow this  

The Gonarch was apparently born very simply, when someone at Valve asked, according to Gabe Newell, "Why don't we put a giant testicle on a 20-foot-tall armored spider?". Therefore the name may be a portmanteau of the words "gonad" and "monarch". A "gonad" is another name for the reproductive organ of mammals, the male gonad being the testicles. The "monarch" part would refer to the "boss" status of the creature within the game

Any speculation on what will happen? You know, aside from Freeman pointing out that it's a walking testicle?

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

He'll probably try to negotiate with it because he's 'good with animals' and when that fails, kicks it's ass and says he did that for it's own good because it was 'misbehaving'. Then, I guess he'd go on a ramble about opening his own zoo filled with alien creatures, making sure to include a no money back guarantee in case one of the kids get eaten. They entered at their own risk.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Because what do you do when something THAT big wants to kill you?

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

He'll probably start off with some running and complaining, and then will begin to get frustrated by the constant barrage of headcrabs and white... Stuff. Before finally getting quite angry about it.

My Little Pointy: Friendship Is Stabbing - http://i.imgur.com/Qz1bx.jpg

He'll probably try to negotiate with it because he's 'good with animals' and when that fails, kicks it's ass and says he did that for it's own good because it was 'misbehaving'. Then, I guess he'd go on a ramble about opening his own zoo filled with alien creatures, making sure to include a no money back guarantee in case one of the kids get eaten. They entered at their own risk.

Reminds me of those giant yellow crystals in Xen.

I can really imagine Gordon having some long ramble about extracting the crystals and selling them to one of his friends who happens to be a billionaire, followed by an extensive amount of trying to "extract" it with with his crowbar and eventually giving up. And then the screen fades out with him thinking of more ideas, eventually giving up on that when he thinks about how annoying it would be to carry something that large around. And what he would have done with the money. Purchasing drugs, I presume.

/offtopic

I still remember my reaction to the Gonarch. Something along the lines of "if that's a head crab, I want to see the zombie that goes with it."

I was expecting something huge. I wasn't entirely disappointed.

mine reation to the gonarch was more like:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOW WOOOOOOOOOOTDAAAAFFFF&@#*!¨@&!¨*K????

LOL

and then it started spitting the ahn... "white stuff", and now it made me wonder: if gonarch was suposed to be like balls+spider... the white thing is what i think it is? o_O

My first reaction? I was like that:

-Wut!?? What's this? Where the hell am I? Why is the ground shaking? Oh my lord...

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

You can't chew through steel! Unless they have like acid teeth or something, which I don't ever remember the Headcrabs having acid on them. It'd dissolve the head before they could grip it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

You can't chew through steel!

Rats can...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I'd see freeman, walking and complaining just as usual, like about Xen's gravity. The gonarch would come, but he'd keep walking and thinking, as if he didn't notice it. After 5 seconds, he would stop walking, slowly turn around, and face the truth/testicle.

And there, he'd say "Oh my god, a giant testicle ! " and start shooting at it XD