Breaking News

Sign in to follow this  

Link not working for me.

Go to eff.org and look for the article "2012 in Reivew: First Sale Under Siege — If You Bought It, You Should Own It".

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

http://www.technewsdaily.com/16514-unlocking-cellphones-becomes-illegal.html

What's 1 more reason to hate the DMCA when there's already one-million? One-million and one.

Basically, starting tomorrow, newly purchased phones can't be unlocked by anyone but the carrier in the US. Funny how when our government gets shit done, it's shit that doesn't really help anyone. I'd even argue that this isn't a decision that'll make a massive impact on the telecom companies' profits. In the US, when you buy a subsidized phone, you get locked into a 2-year contract (or expand your current contract for another year, depending on the carrier). Even if you unlock and sell your subsidized phone, you're still obligated to pay for the service. If you choose to eliminate your contract, you're subject to cancellation fees. I don't see a situation here where unlocked devices takes away from revenue, aside from people maybe not wanting to buy a new phone (although most people seem to upgrade their mobiles every two years anyway).

Basically, you don't see how the phone you just bought belongs to you :P

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

Companies have been trying for the past decade or so to make it so that despite you having purchased a product, you still can't ever own it. Car companies started the trend with leasing to allow more freedom with your vehicle purchasing, and other companies are doing it now to try and limit your freedom.

@BTGBullseye 'the law does not explain what "without authorization" actually means.' Of course it doesn't because these kinds of laws don't ever go into detail.

Anyway this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21351051

You may or may not know this but N.Korea uploaded a video to Youtube raving about how they're totally gonna go and kill the world. It got taken down, not because it was appalling and offended millions of people around the world...but because Activision sent out a general cease and desist because it used footage from Modern Warfare 3.

Okay.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Our corporations are threatening to sue North Korea now?

Nothing can be said to make that more hilarious.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

Yeah, where is NK going to come up with money to pay fines... lol

If North Korea attacks any country with a nuclear missile then they (North Korea) will be destroyed off the face of the earth before their missile even hits its intended destination. The only path North Korea has is its own destruction. Since Kim Jong Un is a very stubborn leader, I don't see this happening any other way.

If North Korea attacks any country with a nuclear missile then they (North Korea) will be destroyed off the face of the earth before their missile even hits its intended destination. The only path North Korea has is its own destruction. Since Kim Jong Un is a very stubborn leader, I don't see this happening any other way.

A scenario I see here: North Korea hits Ancorage with a nuclear weapon, so, in response, the US destroys Pyongyang. this is a simple solution to such a problem that should be followed more closely.

I honestly don't get what N.K's deal is. Either they've fooled themselves into thinking they're beastmasters or something or Kim Jong Fat is just really really dumb, and since the rest of their government is dumb, they follow him.

Maybe they're just trying to kill their own country. Doing a good job of it so far.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Sign in to follow this  

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.