Breaking News

Sign in to follow this  

That's FUBAR. Damned Google, hiding the truth.

I'm thinking we should have a Conspiracy Theory thread, but I'm not sure it should go in the serious topics board or in free for all... It al depends on how seriously you take it.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

A Conspiracy Theory Topic would be better suited as a Deus Ex thread.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

Some terrible shooting seems to have happened in Colorado for the premiere of the new Batman film. :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18921492

Someone apparently took Bane way too literally. Damn.

That's what's funny about that whole thing. The dude walks in, hair painted red, not green, and when asked to confirm his identity he responds, "I'm the Joker"...and the Joker isn't even in TDKR. Hell, he's not even mentioned once.

On the topic of the actual shooting, terrible tragedy. The guy is obviously mentally disturbed, but that's still not a good excuse for someone who's being touted as 'top of their class' and 'extremely intelligent' in news articles. If he was so intelligent he wouldn't have condemned 12 people to death, and himself to a life of mental rehab and/or years of gangrape in prison showers.

But then again, there is no logic in insanity.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Very sad,

one of the victims. http://twitter.com/JessicaRedfield was at the Eaton center shooting just a month ago.

http://jessicaredfield.wordpress.com/2012/06/05/late-night-thoughts-on-the-eaton-center-shooting/

She then got out a few minutes before the shooting there started because she had a "strange/bad feeling"

Her last tweet was only 20min. before the movie started.

How horrible.

(final destination comes to mind)

-----

I really think the second amendment needs to be altered.

I mean, there are people out there who can't be trusted with anything more dangerous then baby scissors,

They can basically walk into any gun-store, and walk back out armed to the teeth and re-enact their favorite scene from a game or movie... ( "i'm the joker :evil: )

This can only lead to bad things :cry:

Some terrible shooting seems to have happened in Colorado for the premiere of the new Batman film. :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18921492

Someone apparently took Bane way too literally. Damn.

That's what's funny about that whole thing. The dude walks in, hair painted red, not green, and when asked to confirm his identity he responds, "I'm the Joker"...and the Joker isn't even in TDKR. Hell, he's not even mentioned once.

On the topic of the actual shooting, terrible tragedy. The guy is obviously mentally disturbed, but that's still not a good excuse for someone who's being touted as 'top of their class' and 'extremely intelligent' in news articles. If he was so intelligent he wouldn't have condemned 12 people to death, and himself to a life of mental rehab and/or years of gangrape in prison showers.

But then again, there is no logic in insanity.

You know what they say. Genious and insanity goes hand in hand.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I really think the second amendment needs to be altered.

I mean, there are people out there who can't be trusted with anything more dangerous then baby scissors,

They can basically walk into any gun-store, and walk back out armed to the teeth and re-enact their favorite scene from a game or movie... ( "i'm the joker :evil: )

This can only lead to bad things :cry:

If anyone in that theater had been carrying a concealed weapon, the psycho would haven't gotten nearly as far as he did. However, thanks to there being so many people like you that are against civilians carrying firearms, no one was there to stop him until the police showed up. Dozens of lives could have been saved if ANYONE in that theater had had the common sense to carry a concealed handgun.

We don't need "less people with firearms". We just need more firearms in the hands of good, responsible people that know how to use one discerningly.

God I love you Chuck. Your point couldn't be more perfect. Mutually Assured Destruction and the general thought of what is and is not moral prevent things like this from happening. But when the destruction is not mutually assured, you don't have a group of people taking down a deranged psychopath (who in all honesty, deserves the death penalty), instead you have a running screaming mass of chaos, which allows the assailant to do even more damage to the innocent. People need to be more comfortable in carrying a lethal weapon at all times, but sadly, the assholes who inhibit our second ammendment right create more pain and suffering than they prevent. I mean, let's think of incidents that could've been lessened or completely undone by people being allowed to possess weapons:

1. Columbine

2. VA Tech

3. Most Gunpoint Bank Robberies/ Carjacks/ Burglaries/ Murders/ etc.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Exactly. The list goes on and on. My best friend's Dad once even stopped a would-be car thief because he pulled his concealed handgun on the dude.

Another point is that many crime scenes often take minutes for the police to arrive. Due to this fact, a huge amount of criminals escape; not to be stopped by a single person, and have to be hunted down. This entire problem could be turned around completely if more people would just have the balls to carry a fucking 9mm for crying out loud. If the civilians who are right at the scene actually have a means of stopping a criminal, he'll be taken down and turned in to the law enforcement in no time, dealing with the issue quickly and cleanly, and actually making less work for the police.

By the way, i didn't say guns should be banned.

But i do feel there needs to be some way to keep people who:

- Have serious mental problems

- People who are 80% blind

Prevent them from buying weapons just as easily as buying a bottle of water.

Just like i feel a 95year old person who's getting really distracted in his old day, and has real bad vision (even with is glasses) shouldn't still be driving a car.

Also, i feel there should be something like a 24hour waiting period when buying a gun.

To many people who have are depressed one night, or have fight with wife, ...

Who have a "bad night", go to a gun store,

and end up doing things that might have been prevented if they got their weapon after 24hours instead of 24min.

This is basically you:

gun%20control.gif

You're aware that to get a concealed-carry permit, you have to go through a ton of lectures, tests, and hands-on training? Also, if I remember correctly, a person that is legally blind is not permitted to purchase a firearm.

And regarding the thing about "having a bad night" or whatever...it's the person's own fault, not the gun seller's if the customer uses the weapon to do something illegal. It's like this picture perfectly illustrates:

389661_10150885762823887_866039906_n.jpg

Cheers

Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

In countries where we don't sell guns, we have a higher degree of murder by other objects, mostly knives.

To put it another way, you'll always have killers. The only difference are the means of which they kill.

I think the only way to deal with killers isn't to ban guns, but to make sure people get support and care and aren't left alone to develop a psychosis like the guy in Colorado obviously did.

Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

In countries where we don't sell guns, we have a higher degree of murder by other objects, mostly knives.

To put it another way, you'll always have killers. The only difference are the means of which they kill.

I think the only way to deal with killers isn't to ban guns, but to make sure people get support and care and aren't left alone to develop a psychosis like the guy in Colorado obviously did.

Completely agree.

@Chuck: No, that's not me at all.

I am all for the right to carry weapons.

I just want that 1 or 2% that's a bigger danger to themselves or others to be (educated, or not have a weapons)

I am talking about the real stereotype's, you know what i mean, examples

- elderly who shake so much there's a 68% chance they hit a bystander instead of the perp.

- Girls who can hardly hold up a 9mm but use desert early.

- Ppl who can't handle that kickback and 2/5 chance they get hit in the head

- -or worse http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/01/14/5841219-gun-fair-organizer-acquitted-in-boys-death?lite

- Ppl who jerk the trigger because they can't handle it = 90% miss = hitting bystander

- Ppl who are "scared" of the shot and close their eyes during aiming.

- I seen ppl trying to shoot, weapon not working, shooter investigating, while holding it in such a way that he could easily shoot himself or people around him & still having his finger on the trigger.

I'm not saying they can't have weapons! But maybe just 5 or 10min. of education for these people could make a huge difference.

-------

Like i said, in no way do i want to limit the 95% other, correct users.

And i don't want to add unnecessary paperwork to be added, or the process slowed down in any way.

But what would you say if a person needed to shoot 10 round with the gun he was wanted to buy.

A supervisor or the gun-shop owner would observe (some examples i gave above) and afterwards could say...

- Sorry miss, I think it's better if you got a smaller gun.

- Sorry Sir 1 shot landed 2 lanes further, 3 in the ceiling, and only 1 came somewhat close to the target. I think you should get your eyes checked, or do you have parkinsons?

- Sorry, checking to see if it's loaded by looking in the barrel is best avoided.

I am talking about the real stereotype's, you know what i mean, examples

- elderly who shake so much there's a 68% chance they hit a bystander instead of the perp.

- Girls who can hardly hold up a 9mm but use desert early.

- Ppl who can't handle that kickback and 2/5 chance they get hit in the head

- -or worse http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/01/14/5841219-gun-fair-organizer-acquitted-in-boys-death?lite

- Ppl who jerk the trigger because they can't handle it = 90% miss = hitting bystander

- Ppl who are "scared" of the shot and close their eyes during aiming.

- I seen ppl trying to shoot, weapon not working, shooter investigating, while holding it in such a way that he could easily shoot himself or people around him & still having his finger on the trigger.

I'm not saying they can't have weapons! But maybe just 5 or 10min. of education for these people could make a huge difference.

This just proves your ignorance. People like that are never, I repeat NEVER, allowed to obtain a concealed-carry permit.

But what would you say if a person needed to shoot 10 round with the gun he was wanted to buy.

A supervisor or the gun-shop owner would observe (some examples i gave above) and afterwards could say...

- Sorry miss, I think it's better if you got a smaller gun.

- Sorry Sir 1 shot landed 2 lanes further, 3 in the ceiling, and only 1 came somewhat close to the target. I think you should get your eyes checked, or do you have parkinsons?

- Sorry, checking to see if it's loaded by looking in the barrel is best avoided.

You pretty accurately summed up the actual process you go through in order to obtain a concealed-carry permit. All the stereotypes you complained about? Those are the exact things that they train people to NOT do when you participate in the required multi-week course. And they often reject people who cannot/will not meet those requirements.

Oh, and there is, I believe, a 5 day waiting period upon purchasing a gun.

Like Chuck said, there is a huge process you have to go through in order to be allowed to carry a licensed weapon. The user obviously must be capable of properly using the weapon, cannot have a criminal record or pre-existing mental psychosis that would make them a danger to themselves or others. This guy from Colorado obviously slipped through the cracks, as reports showed he was a really smart guy, nobody ever expected it, etc. A lot of people are very good at concealing their insanity from the public.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Oh, and there is, I believe, a 5 day waiting period upon purchasing a gun.

Like Chuck said, there is a huge process you have to go through in order to be allowed to carry a licensed weapon. The user obviously must be capable of properly using the weapon, cannot have a criminal record or pre-existing mental psychosis that would make them a danger to themselves or others. This guy from Colorado obviously slipped through the cracks, as reports showed he was a really smart guy, nobody ever expected it, etc. A lot of people are very good at concealing their insanity from the public.

I just have a feeling nobody cared enough to see the signs or listen to this guy, so he appeared like that to people because nobody bothered looking.

That being said, it does not justify his actions.

"'Russia has just declassified news that will shake world gem markets to their core: the discovery of a vast new diamond field containing 'trillions of carats,' enough to supply global markets for another 3,000 years. The Soviets discovered the bonanza back in the 1970s beneath a 35-million-year-old, 62-mile diameter asteroid crater in eastern Siberia known as Popigai Astroblem. They decided to keep it secret, and not to exploit it, apparently because the USSR's huge diamond operations at Mirny, in Yakutia, were already producing immense profits in what was then a tightly controlled world market."

This is pretty big, and I wonder what else they are hiding.....

I guess that's what you get for being the biggest country on earth.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Sign in to follow this  

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.